Nelson Mandela: A Villain Portrayed As A Hero

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Banjo, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banjo

Banjo Expelled Premium Member

Yet people in Canada, the USA, United Kingdom and other countries write of Nelson Mandela in such a hagiographic way. It's disgusting. I met a man from South Africa. He is now living here with his family. He shared some quite scary stories about South Africa after Nelson Mandela took over the country.

He isn't a saint. That's for sure.

2. Macian

Macian New Member

very interesting Banjo, i have never jumped on the Mandela bandwagon, he and his wife were nothing more than thugs during their pre jail regime, don't get me wrong, I totally agree with the cause, they should have equal rights, and rule their own country, but society as it is, picks out a figurehead regardless of their past or intentions, there are planty of other better suited figureheads than Mandela thats for sure.

3. Banjo

His ex-wife, Winnie Mandela was barred from Canada last year after trying to gain access to the country. She was supposed to give a speech at an university somewhere or something like that.

Thankfully, my country did the right thing. She is nothing but a cold-blooded murderer who burned her victims alive.

4. Banjo

Anyway, I get what you are saying. It's just astonishing how ignorant we are to the truth.

5. Macian

Macian New Member

yeah I heard about that banjo, but the media want a figurehead regardless, in my opinion it takes away the strength of their cause puting unsavoury figureheads at the helm, but the world seems to roll withitsadly.

6. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member Premium Member

Banjo, you must be referring to the popular media and its love of certain political science instructors who champion anyone remotely unfriendly to the old Union of South Africa. Most historians I know agree with your assessment.

7. Reba

Reba Retired Terp Premium Member

Correct!

8. Reba

The story that you posted about the white farmer is similar to what happened to my cousin's family in Angola. Sadly, it's a common event. My cousin now lives again in the Portuguese Azores (home of our common ancestor). We share family information and pictures with each other. Recently, when I asked if he had any older family photos, this is what he emailed me (English is his fourth language so it's not perfect):

"Unfortunatly we dont have any fotos is a long history.
    My Grand father sold all is properties in Flores Island [Azores] and bougth a big farm in Angola Africa with the civil War we were obliged to Run away only with the clothing that we were dressing and with war all house was distroyed and burned all foto albums were there.
    Is why we dont have any pictures at moment. Fortunatly we save our lifes wasn't bad."

9. Banjo

Yes, it's quite common... and scary. Sometimes, the MSM can be our worst enemies. When it comes to Nelson Mandela, we can never count on MSM to report the facts.

But why is that? I just find that to be quite odd. Although, they did go ga-ga over Adolf Hitler before they realized what a monster he was.

10. Liebling:-)))

Liebling:-))) Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09* Premium Member

Quite interesting thread. I wasn't pay my attention about Nelson Mandela's history until I saw his history movie until release from long years from prison. A prison guard who can speak the same language as Nelson, wrote the story what he know Nelson and was experienced with him for long years. I do not see anything negative about Nelson in his history movie... :dunno:

Yes, I heard bad reputation about South Africa... A lot of white african farmers were being murder and rapist by rebels but I am not sure that Nelson do something with those situtation.

I really have no opinion about Nelson but I am learning more about him in this thread here... since I learn about his history few weeks ago.

11. Liebling:-)))

500 guests party with Mandela for his 90th

500 guests party with Mandela for his 90th

South African legend, wife also celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary

500 guests fete Mandela for his 90th - Africa - MSNBC.com

Read long 2 pages in that link.

Happy 90th Birthday to you, Nelson Mandela!

12. Reba

Who wants to say "Happy Birthday" to this person?

(More at How To Be A Good Communist by Nelson Mandela }

Not me.

13. Liebling:-)))

Many people consider him as an African hero whom US governments doesn’t but consider him as a terrorist. Surprise, his name in US Terror Watch list was being removed because Rice urged them.

I only know that he’s a peace-maker and support human rights and anti-discrimination. Please don’t try to blame him for what and how black people did to white farmers because he did not send his people to hurt white farmer but the people themselves. Remember, black people were being treated horrible by white Africans in the past, that’s why Mandela determines to have equal rights for all races. It's people who did it, not Mandela.

Black Africans would have no rights today if Mandela is not around. It’s Mandela who freed his people from inhumane and racists.

Yes, Mandela was a freedom fighter and fight for equal rights that’s he was with the ANC. He sacrificed his own freedom for his people and country.

My hubby’s cousin & her family were in South Africa for long 15 years until around 1986/7, they escaped back to Germany. During their experience, they were very rich and have own villa, swimming pool, 3 or 4 black servants in their villa. They paid their wages very cheaply… We said nothing when we look the pictures of cousin’s villa, etc when Aunt showed the pictures to us. We all feel bad for black people because white people look down to them and treat them as “slave”. It wakes black people up and start problem…. It wakes cousin & family up and knows it would risk their life so they escaped back to Germany.

I would recommend you to rent DVD Goodbye Bafana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia its white African James Gregory who wrote his experience as prison guard where Mandela was spend long years in prison. I saw the movie at few months ago… It inspired me… I bided DVD at EBay and re-watch it… I realized now why Mandela doing. Yes, white Africans were very cruel to black Africans and have power over them and do what they want over them… no involve with black people etc. White Africans made fun of you if they see you involve with black people or befriend with black people. Black people suffer badly... until Mandela came... White Africans have no more power over black people...

His former wife Winnie was violent during Mandela's prison time...

All what I want to say is he's a good person and I respect him.

I agree with that link ...

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/04/10/163344.php

Long from top to bottom to 2 pages because it's an exactly what I saw on TV movies and DVD Goodbye Bafana

14. Reba

Do you deny Mandela's own words that support terrorists, communism and communist dictators?

15. shel90

shel90 Audist are not welcome Premium Member

Is that the same Mandela who is strongly supported by Oprah?

16. Liebling:-)))

I do not ignore or deny your post when I tried to provide the positive example about him... You seem to ignore it and interest his support for dictators/communists...

Okay, here is my answer:

So? Why fingerpoint just him when you know Bush did the same thing as well? Yes he support dictators and communists. Yes he shake his hands to them... I know it's not just Mandela or Bush but many presidents from many countries as well. What's your point? I have some ex-communist friends who want to go back communist again... It doesn't mean that they are bad person who see different view as us which they beleive in their is freedom than us.

I can't stand that anyone fingerpoint / accuse them as terrorists, communists, dictators etc when they are guilty the same thing.

Anyway, I still admire Mandela for what and how he did for his people and country. Yes, he fought for freedom.

It look like that Bush is a terrorist... :roll:

"I heard somebody say, Where's Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead because Saddam Hussein killed all the Mandelas" --- George W. Bush

Think Progress » Bush inartfully suggests Saddam killed Mandela.

Mandela still alive after embarrassing Bush remark | International | Reuters

I think they pissed on Mandela because he criticised Bush over Iraq war.

BBC NEWS | Africa | Mandela condemns US stance on Iraq

Would they (US Government) consider Mandela as their supporters/friends if he said to them that he support Iraq war ? :roll:

17. Reba

Then I guess all those Germans who fought and sacrificed their lives to fight against communist control of Germany wasted their efforts. I guess America's support for German reunification was wasted since you think communism isn't so bad.

If you say that Bush and other presidents do the same thing that Mandela did, then why do you criticize Bush and praise Mandela? You just posted that they "did the same thing."

You can't have it both ways unless you're a hypocrite.

Oh, really? Even if the accusations are true?

I don't think it makes any difference what Mandela thinks about the Iraq war.

18. Matilda

Matilda Boxing Kangaroo "Jack" Premium Member

I agree with Banjo and Reba regarding Mandela.

South Africa is now a place of pain and turmoil because of him. Yet this man boasts at his handiwork and is rewarded a Noble Peace Prize .... for what? The mind boggles!

I was horrified with the world's hero worship at his recent birthday celebrations! That did not sit very comfortably with me at all!

Yes, Shel ... he is Oprah's cherished friend! *smh*

19. Reba

Yasser Arafat got a Nobel Peace Prize, too--what's that tell you?

20. shel90

shel90 Audist are not welcome Premium Member

I was blind...seriously blind. Ugh!

I really need to educate myself on politics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.