Neil Diamond, a child molester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deafilmedia

Reaction score
He said "Sweet Caroline" is a song about Caroline Kennedy, JFK's daughter.

Sweet Caroline was written in 1969.

Written by: neil diamond

Where it began
I cant begin to knowin
But then I know its growin strong

Was in the spring
And spring became the summer
Whod have believed youd come along

Hands, touchin hands
Reachin out
Touchin me
Touchin you

Sweet caroline
Good times never seemed so good
Ive been inclined
To believe they never would

But now i
Look at the night
And it dont seem so lonely
We fill it up with only two
And when I hurt
Hurtin runs off my shoulders
How can I hurt when Im with you

Warm, touchin warm
Reachin out
Touchin me
Touchin me

Sweet caroline
Ive been inclined
Oh, no, no

Sweet caroline
Ive been inclined
I believed they never could
Sweet caroline

So

"Sweet Caroline" was written in 1969.
Neil Diamond was born 1941, which mean he was age 28 in 1969.
And Caroline Kennedy was age 12.

EEK!!!! :ugh3:

Does this song seems appropiate for a 12 years old?
Touching Touching???

Is there any solid proof to prove this was written about Caroline Kennedy?

Show us the sources stating that. Otherwise a post like this could be considered slanderous. Celebrities do take any negative thing written about them very seriously. I would suggest making sure you had solid proof to back this up.

And besides, in the song he says touching me, but not how she touched him.

He could be simply singing about her giving him a hug as any proud parent or godparent will tell about.

In the fall of 1969, Diamond performed "Sweet Caroline" on several television shows. It later reached #8 on the UK singles chart in 1971. In a 2007 interview, Diamond revealed after many decades that the inspiration for "Sweet Caroline" was President John F. Kennedy's daughter, Caroline Kennedy, who was eleven years old at the time.[2] Diamond sang the song to her at her 50th birthday celebration in 2007.

Sweet Caroline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NO! Neil Diamond is not a child molester. It's a beautiful song, and touching can mean anything, not as what you may think it means good lordie Deafilmedia...

No, that all bull-crap what you posted to jump the gun again as usual. He is not a child
molester. Do you have the proof? I don't think so. He sings yes and written songs don't make him or means he is a child molester. You are going to far for that false informations. If Caroline Kennedy was molested, she would have told someone or said something. I highly doubt that happens. Please choose your words carefully how you view people history.

OH I have solid proof that Neil aint a child molestor.... here the link

Neil Diamond News on Yahoo! Music

Deafimedia.. that is proof Neil aint into molesting kids ... blah ya aint bright enough to know that and ya need to get the fawk out of AD for good.. this proves ya aint good enough to do research and see if ya can get solid proof for whatever topic or reply ya have typed out and etc... geez....

HELL NO! He is not!!! Stop image!!! Get a real proof than assuming!! :ugh3: :ugh3:

I saw someone say that in other forum...

let me copy and paste what they said...

brb

Does knowing the source of Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" make you uneasy?
For the first time ever, Neil revealed who the inspiration was for his classic "Sweet Caroline". It was Caroline Kennedy, the daughter of the former US president.

The potentially uneasy part is that she was very young when he was inspired by seeing her picture in a paper. The lyrics are not ones you would associate with being about a child.

What do you think? Am I justified in being slightly ill at ease, or is it just something I'm seeing from the wrong viewpoint?

3 days ago - 17 hours left for voting

Additional Details

Clo, can you get this round?

3 days ago

Would you like another drink ? LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, everybody listen up: "DRINKS ARE ON ME TONIGHT"!!!!

3 days ago

nope its innocent

3 days ago

nope, in those days it was innocent.

3 days ago

I dunno it does sound a bit wrong ... But who knows .... Maybe he uh ... I dunno

3 days ago

I didn't notice that before, but when you put it that way it is a little creepy. She was a young child near a horse, right? And he wrote that?... It's especially odd when you actually read the lyrics through.

3 days ago

Yeah, when I saw the headline I was like, well how old would she have been? A bit weird.

3 days ago

Doing a lyric search I can see how it would make someone feel easy and point blank, he didn't say anything about not picture of a young girl standing next to a horse or how inoccent it all is here are the words found at

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/n/neil+diamon...

Where it began
I cant begin to knowin

Was in the spring

Hands, touchin hands
Reachin out
Touchin me
Touchin you

Sweet caroline
Ive been inclined

But now i
Look at the night
And when I hurt

Warm, touchin warm
Reachin out
Touchin me
Touchin me

Sweet caroline
Ive been inclined
Oh, no, no

Sweet caroline
Ive been inclined
Sweet caroline

Sounds pretty dayum perverted now if he wrote this for a child as it is heard by most as a love song and played at weddings?
Shivers

add Note

ok I had to download and listen to the song again, not a big Neil Diamond fan at all, to say the least, this man by all means is in love OR lusting after this child if nothing more hear it in his tone and the music this is now going into sick. It is a romance song, not one writen for a child of her age then.

3 days ago

Actually, when I read about his revelation, I had guessed that is was Caroline Kennedy. So, what's the big deal ?? It is not as though he stalked her, instead he sang a song ! He knew his limits and put his feelings into a song !! Kind of SWEET !!

2 days ago

It seriously creeped me out! It turned a song that I love into something twisted!

2 days ago

Maybe that is what Micheal Jackson should have done. Wrote what he felt in a song and not commit child molest.

2 days ago

Yes, since she was a child at the time...
Peace.

2 days ago

Hands, touchin hands
Reachin out
Touchin me
Touchin you

If you read some of the words in the song, you will see he meant "hands" as touchin'...so therefore the song is innocent...

I'm starting to like this song, I'm gonna to look for that song and listen to it...

:ty:

I do believe that accusing someone of a behavior like child molesting without any proof of it is called slander, and the person spreading such cruel and untrue rumors can be held legally responsible for any damage done to the person's reputation.

Does knowing the source of Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" make you uneasy?
For the first time ever, Neil revealed who the inspiration was for his classic "Sweet Caroline". It was Caroline Kennedy, the daughter of the former US president.

The potentially uneasy part is that she was very young when he was inspired by seeing her picture in a paper. The lyrics are not ones you would associate with being about a child.

What do you think? Am I justified in being slightly ill at ease, or is it just something I'm seeing from the wrong viewpoint?

3 days ago - 17 hours left for voting

Additional Details

Clo, can you get this round?

3 days ago

Would you like another drink ? LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, everybody listen up: "DRINKS ARE ON ME TONIGHT"!!!!

3 days ago

nope its innocent

3 days ago

nope, in those days it was innocent.

3 days ago

I dunno it does sound a bit wrong ... But who knows .... Maybe he uh ... I dunno

3 days ago

I didn't notice that before, but when you put it that way it is a little creepy. She was a young child near a horse, right? And he wrote that?... It's especially odd when you actually read the lyrics through.

3 days ago

Yeah, when I saw the headline I was like, well how old would she have been? A bit weird.

3 days ago

Doing a lyric search I can see how it would make someone feel easy and point blank, he didn't say anything about not picture of a young girl standing next to a horse or how inoccent it all is here are the words found at

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/n/neil+diamon...

Where it began
I cant begin to knowin

Was in the spring

Hands, touchin hands
Reachin out
Touchin me
Touchin you

Sweet caroline
Ive been inclined

But now i
Look at the night
And when I hurt

Warm, touchin warm
Reachin out
Touchin me
Touchin me

Sweet caroline
Ive been inclined
Oh, no, no

Sweet caroline
Ive been inclined
Sweet caroline

Sounds pretty dayum perverted now if he wrote this for a child as it is heard by most as a love song and played at weddings?
Shivers

add Note

ok I had to download and listen to the song again, not a big Neil Diamond fan at all, to say the least, this man by all means is in love OR lusting after this child if nothing more hear it in his tone and the music this is now going into sick. It is a romance song, not one writen for a child of her age then.

3 days ago

Actually, when I read about his revelation, I had guessed that is was Caroline Kennedy. So, what's the big deal ?? It is not as though he stalked her, instead he sang a song ! He knew his limits and put his feelings into a song !! Kind of SWEET !!

2 days ago

It seriously creeped me out! It turned a song that I love into something twisted!

2 days ago

Maybe that is what Micheal Jackson should have done. Wrote what he felt in a song and not commit child molest.

2 days ago

Yes, since she was a child at the time...
Peace.

2 days ago

I suggest you get glasses,, you going too far what you assuming what other post was posted about Neil Diamond. Forget that crap and read the lyric carefully. I see no words saying or stating sexual songs in this lyrics. Sigh.

In this era things were a lot different more innocent. I am not a Mr. Diamond fan or anything. I can see where it can be inappropriate in some of the lyrics. You know when its a music artist they don't exactly tell you what they mean. Its called creativity and EVERYONE can make up their OWN interpretation. I really believe calling Mr. Diamond a child molester is very strong and uncalled for. The man hasn't even committed any crimes relating to children. If so, do find me proof if he's in such category as Michael Jackson, I really , really doubt it your going to find anything.

Music 's music and people enjoy the song that can be interpreted in many ways romantic , a song to a mother or sister whose name is Caroline. I have friend named Caroline , her own parents even played this song for her one time for her bday bec of the appreciation of their only child.

I don't know Neil Diamond or the song, but I don't think he means molesting.

From USA Today: Neil Diamond reveals identity of 'Sweet Caroline'

Diamond was a "young, broke songwriter" when a photo of the president's daughter in a news magazine caught his eye.

"It was a picture of a little girl dressed to the nines in her riding gear, next to her pony," Diamond recalled. "It was such an innocent, wonderful picture, I immediately felt there was a song in there."

So he thinks about innocence, not molesting. Also - do you think he talks to a reporter about the song and Caroline Kennedy if he means "molesting"? Why?

I do believe that accusing someone of a behavior like child molesting without any proof of it is called slander, and the person spreading such cruel and untrue rumors can be held legally responsible for any damage done to the person's reputation.

So true!!,

I just want your opinion. As in sense of humor...
Yall don't need to attack me or anything.
I'm not trying to put Neil in jail.

People heard that song many times, and all of that time...
people thought he was singing about a woman.
Even men thought so, they probably sang this song to women named Caroline.

But I guess men feel disgusting... especially the first person who
mention about this....

So

DEAFILMEDIA

why are you ruining this for mr. diamond like that i told ya to leave it alone

Moonflower...see how Deafimedia been doing the crapping... so I was right ... really, all Deafimedia had to do was research and see if she could prove it.. but as usual, she craps everything up with topics that are not making 100% sense at all.... dumb really...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back