Needing deaf roommate in Austin!!

Hannahhannahrk

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Hannah Kohl and I’m 18 years old. I am also looking for a roommate with someone in Austin, Texas. I will be going to Austin Community College. But all the rents there are so expensive. So I’m looking for a roommate who could possibly also be going to ACC. Willing to pay half rent too. Let me know and thank you! ☺️

I used to live in Austin. How much is rent going for there these days? I am curious cause it was going up quickly while I was living there.

When did you move out of Austin, @Secretblend? The rents and property taxes are increasing. So is San Antonio. I live in San Antonio. People in San Antonio and North Dallas are pretty pissed off at California and East Coast exodus because of property taxes. lol My mother in law lives in North Dallas get offers in mail daily investors want to buy her house because her location is wildly popular.

The public parking is expensive in downtown, Austin. I've seen the highest price-$20. We prefer Capital parking garage for affordable and are willing to take a long walk. Depends on the quality of the apartment building near downtown, if it is older and two bedrooms, it would cost average $2,000 now. If it is remodeled, yeah, it'd be nice.

@Hannahhannahrk , there are several Austin Community College locations all over Austin. How about a studio apartment? Do you know any family or friend who is interested in renting a studio or garage like that? That would be a plus. How about Round Rock or Pflugerville? if you're willing to handle traffic and a long commute?

I believe Houston are increasing too... my dad lives there and he noticed he had been paying more each year in property tax and bills. Since his town annexed to Houston many years ago... a lot things changed since then with ever increasing traffic. I did take a peek of the house rent... it is anywhere from $1500 to $4000+ for 3 to 5 bedroom house... that's still cheaper than SF/LA area. Apartment rent where my dad lives range around $1000 for 2-3 bedroom unit. $700-800 for a single bedroom unit... sometime I wish I could stay in Texas. I've head people moved to TX, OR, and WA from CA.

Blame high property taxes on previous governor Rick Perry. I told Hubby 10 years ago it would happen. Rick Perry was the one who persuaded the major companies from CA to move here. Texas was functioning just fine without additional major companies. DFW is full of CA expats due to major companies like Toyota and In N Out. My friend and his new family just moved to OR from CA a few months ago. They are tired of everything so expensive and want to make their debt disapper. That is their goal for now. They are very happy now. His older sister and her family followed them.

Annexation, in my opinion is unfair. It is out of control. Many residents here are frustrated because they have no right to vote or oppose annexation. Their voice must be heard.

Blame high property taxes on previous governor Rick Perry. I told Hubby 10 years ago it would happen. Rick Perry was the one who persuaded the major companies from CA to move here. Texas was functioning just fine without additional major companies. DFW is full of CA expats due to major companies like Toyota and In N Out. My friend and his new family just moved to OR from CA a few months ago. They are tired of everything so expensive and want to make their debt disapper. That is their goal for now. They are very happy now. His older sister and her family followed them.

Annexation, in my opinion is unfair. It is out of control. Many residents here are frustrated because they have no right to vote or oppose annexation. Their voice must be heard.

I worked in Toyota parts warehouse across the street from my work. I packed their parts and ship it nationwide. Toyota used to talk about moving the warehouse to Texas.. But has not done anything yet. They have other ports in LA and Portland. It's not surprising to me. The reason is taxes and lease that is too expensive.

I agree annexation is unfair...it brings a lot of pissed off residents who were against it.

I used to living at California property tax is too high and rental increase, too. So, I moved in Florida don't have federal income tax, property tax is cheaper and I paid $36 license fee for my new car in Florida is much better than California's expensive as $300 fee for new cars.

Disney World ticket increase price is about $159. I blame union workers want to increase their salary or they would on strikes as walk away.

I used to living at California property tax is too high and rental increase, too. So, I moved in Florida don't have federal income tax, property tax is cheaper and I paid $36 license fee for my new car in Florida is much better than California's expensive as $300 fee for new cars.

Disney World ticket increase price is about $159. I blame union workers want to increase their salary or they would on strikes as walk away.

Living in Florida is not all sunshine—it's flat, has extreme weather (humid, lightning capital of the US, hurricanes, tornadoes), its government is poorly run, sinkholes, large cockroaches, dirty beaches, swim in lake infested with alligators, flat ass (no mountains), too many old people, lack of education, and low low low wages. No thank you! I would rather to spend a bit more in taxes with a nice view of mountains, decent salary, nice weather, and lots of things to do in CA that does not cost me a penny.

My house is hurricane-proof due to 2017 hurricane IRMA. I'm alive and well. That sinkholes is TAMPA area. I live in Orlando area don't have it. Yep, Old people are retired by military, police, firemen and astronauts. They are heroes as they are much better than you're act like troll kid.

I know you live in California cost $3,000 rent a month in apt is a joke.

Last edited:
Living in Florida is not all sunshine—it's flat, has extreme weather (humid, lightning capital of the US, hurricanes, tornadoes), its government is poorly run, sinkholes, large cockroaches, dirty beaches, swim in lake infested with alligators, flat ass (no mountains), too many old people, lack of education, and low low low wages. No thank you! I would rather to spend a bit more in taxes with a nice view of mountains, decent salary, nice weather, and lots of things to do in CA that does not cost me a penny.

In Northern California,
Are you college graduate?
Do you own a house?
Do you own a mortgage?
Are you married?
Do you have kids?
Can you afford daycare?

If yes to all of them, do you and your wife each make over $175,000 salary to pay off college loan bills and live comfortably and care for your kids in Northern California?

You shouldn't omit California has its own cons. Let's see...
-San Francisco is full of poop. Who wants to see a homeless takes a poo down the sidewalk?
-Homeless is out of control. Mayors in Northern/Southern CA should take a note from Utah. The system works over there.
-You're wrong about the schools. In fact, education in California is already declining. It is reportedly one of the top 10 worst public schools in the US. The public schools are overcrowded for years. No teacher wants to teach 40 students per class. Common Core is horrible, and students are forced to answer tests through the computers instead of teachers write up their own exams. Teachers are not allowed to teach students to use critical thinking anymore. Good teachers can't afford to live in California. That's why homeschooling and private schools are so popular in California.
-If you live in Sacramento, or Pasadena, you have to pay a Netflix tax. It will spread widely soon.
-Disneyland ticket prices just raised a few months ago. In the 2000s, I only paid for $75 tickets. I was single at the time.
-Water bills are horrible. If you own a house, you're forced to pay water fee even you obey if your neighbors violate the water conservation use restrictions. Sounds fair? Nope.
-California is sinking fast. Even mountains. That's right. Houses and pools are cracking. Do you know why? The water is being drained from below to feed residents. They're called aquifers. The Department of Water Resources must take immediate action before it is too late and the damage will be irreparable permanently. The San Joaquin Valley is in jeopardy now. California must build more dams and reservoirs to meet the population's needs instead of depending water from other states and Baja California.
-Wildfire seasons occur every year. Houses and stables burn down. People and animals die. Yes, I know them. Horrible way to die.
-Santa Ana Winds! Nobody misses it.
-the crime rate is above the national average.
-the traffic is bad.
-The daycare costs a few thousands a month. Ouch. My friend and her husband have to pay $3,000 a month to care for her three boys.
-After your federal income tax, you will still have to pay state income tax, sales tax and FICA. Oh, and that tiny letters- subcharge..
-Nobody wants to live a paycheck to paycheck.
-California has only one active Water Desalination plant in Carlsbad. It needs more than one water desalination plant.
-Bridges and dams are declining. Who doesn't forget Oroville Dam? It needed Federal fund to repair the damage. You think the government runs badly? Yes.
-According to CA government website, CA state and local governments are in high debt. Still think the government run badly? Yes!
-Food stamps recipents-3,732,212 That's serious stuff.
-California does have polluted beaches.
-I refuse to swim in La Jolla Cove. The most infamous polluted beach ever in San Diego. Thanks to sea lions. I cant stand that odor. Nobody wants to catch bacterial infection. Ewww.
-Measles outbreak occurred in Los Angeles. Oh, humanity!
-The ocean used to be less green when I was a kid swimming.
and the list goes on....

In Northern California,
Are you college graduate?
Do you own a house?
Do you own a mortgage?
Are you married?
Do you have kids?
Can you afford daycare?

If yes to all of them, do you and your wife each make over $175,000 salary to pay off college loan bills and live comfortably and care for your kids in Northern California?

You shouldn't omit California has its own cons. Let's see...
-San Francisco is full of poop. Who wants to see a homeless takes a poo down the sidewalk?
-Homeless is out of control. Mayors in Northern/Southern CA should take a note from Utah. The system works over there.
-You're wrong about the schools. In fact, education in California is already declining. It is reportedly one of the top 10 worst public schools in the US. The public schools are overcrowded for years. No teacher wants to teach 40 students per class. Common Core is horrible, and students are forced to answer tests through the computers instead of teachers write up their own exams. Teachers are not allowed to teach students to use critical thinking anymore. Good teachers can't afford to live in California. That's why homeschooling and private schools are so popular in California.
-If you live in Sacramento, or Pasadena, you have to pay a Netflix tax. It will spread widely soon.
-Disneyland ticket prices just raised a few months ago. In the 2000s, I only paid for $75 tickets. I was single at the time.
-Water bills are horrible. If you own a house, you're forced to pay water fee even you obey if your neighbors violate the water conservation use restrictions. Sounds fair? Nope.
-California is sinking fast. Even mountains. That's right. Houses and pools are cracking. Do you know why? The water is being drained from below to feed residents. They're called aquifers. The Department of Water Resources must take immediate action before it is too late and the damage will be irreparable permanently. The San Joaquin Valley is in jeopardy now. California must build more dams and reservoirs to meet the population's needs instead of depending water from other states and Baja California.
-Wildfire seasons occur every year. Houses and stables burn down. People and animals die. Yes, I know them. Horrible way to die.
-Santa Ana Winds! Nobody misses it.
-the crime rate is above the national average.
-the traffic is bad.
-The daycare costs a few thousands a month. Ouch. My friend and her husband have to pay $3,000 a month to care for her three boys.
-After your federal income tax, you will still have to pay state income tax, sales tax and FICA. Oh, and that tiny letters- subcharge..
-Nobody wants to live a paycheck to paycheck.
-California has only one active Water Desalination plant in Carlsbad. It needs more than one water desalination plant.
-Bridges and dams are declining. Who doesn't forget Oroville Dam? It needed Federal fund to repair the damage. You think the government runs badly? Yes.
-According to CA government website, CA state and local governments are in high debt. Still think the government run badly? Yes!
-Food stamps recipents-3,732,212 That's serious stuff.
-California does have polluted beaches.
-I refuse to swim in La Jolla Cove. The most infamous polluted beach ever in San Diego. Thanks to sea lions. I cant stand that odor. Nobody wants to catch bacterial infection. Ewww.
-Measles outbreak occurred in Los Angeles. Oh, humanity!
-The ocean used to be less green when I was a kid swimming.
and the list goes on....

giphy.gif

I agree with Barbaro. I blame California government since I lost deaf friends due to moving out of California for seek affordable housing and better life.

Last edited:
Back