Need your opinion...

ideafspy

Reaction score
Need your option....

:mad:
I have job as position dishwasher for three months and I just happen got a insurance letter that I have approved for my health reason and I cannot work as dishwasher. I request my boss to switch the position as waiting tables.

I have not work for while due college and decide to take a break and want hold on with SSI for while. So I was looking for the job and found one. I start work and happen my hip got sore because I have not work for while.

The owner and I have talk by note. Boss told me that she was afriad let me work as waiter because it request hard physical. It will possible made my hip worse. I was like what that suppose to be??

So I went to see doctor and my doctor gave me a look and say, "Your boss want a note??" I nodded my head and she gave me a note. So I gave to my boss and say with impossible express "It will made a worse for your hip! (sigh) I will talk to your doctor" Its impact me and treat me like a childish. Does the boss have authorization contact my doctor due it my personal and felt invade my personal life.

So I feel that my boss is try cover up or avoiding??

I don't blame your boss. The world is becoming an anal place. Everyone fears legal issues. This is probably your boss' way of trying to avoid lawsuits. Technically, you can't sue your boss unless you had proof that your boss was aware of your exact physical condition. I'd suggest your doctor give you a more specific type of documentation that explains your physical health and your limits. That would be more helpful than just saying that you cannot be a dishwasher or waiter. With something more general, your boss can then figure out something better for you to do.

I Agree with u there VamPyroX .....

ideafspy said:
:mad:
I have job as position dishwasher for three months and I just happen got a insurance letter that I have approved for my health reason and I cannot work as dishwasher. I request my boss to switch the position as waiting tables.

I have not work for while due college and decide to take a break and want hold on with SSI for while. So I was looking for the job and found one. I start work and happen my hip got sore because I have not work for while.

The owner and I have talk by note. Boss told me that she was afriad let me work as waiter because it request hard physical. It will possible made my hip worse. I was like what that suppose to be??

So I went to see doctor and my doctor gave me a look and say, "Your boss want a note??" I nodded my head and she gave me a note. So I gave to my boss and say with impossible express "It will made a worse for your hip! (sigh) I will talk to your doctor" Its impact me and treat me like a childish. Does the boss have authorization contact my doctor due it my personal and felt invade my personal life.

So I feel that my boss is try cover up or avoiding??

your boss sound like she was trying to make sure you don't get injury more at a job.. dishwasher job is more "safer" than the waiter. because you only get chance to stay in same area.. waiter requires to walk around, carries lots of weights (with foods/drinks on the tray) etc.. that also can "lead" back problem too.. What kind of Hip sore you got ??

Like Vam said get a document from doctor on what kind of limitations you can do with work, or so... It is better this way...

I know I can't lift lots of weight due of neck/upper back injuries but If I take a risk with injuries again then I will do it. But no way for now, because my son need me to be well for him than myself get injuries again.. altho I am still waiting for the baby to be born I am at 38 weeks. And yes the baby is already giving me some pain in my buttock/hip area I have had some problem with weight pressuring soo Im hoping doc do something soon cuz His "way" won't do it rather fullterm instead of early.. even if it was Late born he prefer wait until baby is ready.. so i will "Argh" at him if he postpone LOL..

Know what I am saying Ideaf ?? Most of job injuries can be worse or pain in butt for having carries/hauling lots of weight due of dishes,cups,foods,drinks and etc on the tray (Large tray if possible) Oh One question where is this job ? mostly with hearing people eating at the place ? if so.. I notice you said you communicate with your boss by note so.. How do you communicate with people ordering foods ? (Just curious that's all)

Wendy

I just realized something, are you trying to say... "I need your opinion..."?

VamPyroX said:
I just realized something, are you trying to say... "I need your opinion..."?
:Oops:
Yes.. Opinion.. I was not thinking about that due I was mad.

VamPyroX said:
I don't blame your boss. The world is becoming an anal place. Everyone fears legal issues. This is probably your boss' way of trying to avoid lawsuits. Technically, you can't sue your boss unless you had proof that your boss was aware of your exact physical condition. I'd suggest your doctor give you a more specific type of documentation that explains your physical health and your limits. That would be more helpful than just saying that you cannot be a dishwasher or waiter. With something more general, your boss can then figure out something better for you to do.

WBHarley said:
your boss sound like she was trying to make sure you don't get injury more at a job.. dishwasher job is more "safer" than the waiter. because you only get chance to stay in same area.. waiter requires to walk around, carries lots of weights (with foods/drinks on the tray) etc.. that also can "lead" back problem too.. What kind of Hip sore you got ??

So "don't blame your boss". Well the doctor I went to E.R. that I had result that my hip went strain due the floor was slipping and no pad was provided. Its not safe for me standing the dishwasher with lot press on my join due standing and no break 15 minutes or etc. The doctor said my hip is fine and nothing problem but sore due I have not have that kind of hard job position. The waiter is no different for dishwasher because both are standing and walking around with dishes or tray. Its made no different about that one.

My doctor said that have nothing do with the hip or anything but the strain have something from work that cause it. The safer for me to be dishwasher? Well, I have other reason for my health issue due the stream over my face. The waiter is not a issue for my hip because I stand too long and I was stress to deal with all dishes, cups, and baskets. So I don't have a back problem but the strain and slipping from grease or wet on the floor. They don't provide that work for pad to prevent slipping or pressure on leg for standing long because I don't walking around that much.. just walk between dirty to clean.

My boss was talking about her mother due similar my health called "GOUT". If you never heard word "Gout", research on www.webmd.com. It just is causing by food if I don't careful with the balance. I just found out last year. Umm, she was talking about her mother and what that has bring her mother health into this business? The only problem I have hip with slipping because no pad provide. I got the insurance letter twice that cause from work and already paid it. They warned me that will not cover for work accident after Jan 1, 2004 effective date.

Beside, I can sue the boss for not switch the position because they don't provide the pad include my health. I do not want to risk and can't find other job who will hire me. The waiter is what I am interesting. It made no different about dishwasher and waiter because both are similar.

WBHarley said:
Oh One question where is this job ? mostly with hearing people eating at the place ? if so.. I notice you said you communicate with your boss by note so.. How do you communicate with people ordering foods ? (Just curious that's all)

I am raise as oral but my hearing loss get down. So I wore the hearing aids until no good. Today, I am processing get surgery for cochlear implant. Plus, I do not want any agurement about cochlear implant issue. Beside, it interestings and challenge to being not hear anything. Beside the communicate; all you do have made all the card ready for table when the customer is arriving to their table. Have the card ready to say your name and explaining to point the menu what they want orders. I have to show the cue card with simple "Want add or don't want add" in different thing such as hamburger, steak, and really simple.. its that all will lead worse for my hip? I am male, I weight 230 and tall. I used to work as warehouse operator. It hurt my hip before due not work as hard job for while such as out of shape.

ideafspy said:
:Oops:
Yes.. Opinion.. I was not thinking about that due I was mad.
I'll fix it up for you... :thumb:

Mod Note:

Topic title changed from "option" to "opinion".

Back