Need to solve debate with ASL teacher Help Please

Touche. Like I don't have a webcam yet... hopefully changing tomorrow.

But is it really necessary to say:

when you can be more forward and just say you don't have the time or the means?

It was a response to a direct order that I youtube it. I wasn't asking for my own benefit, therefore, no need for me to youtube it.

Only took me like 2 minutes to make a 8 second long clip.

And you've been here posting for the last two hours.

Just saying.

You might want to check the clock again.

And you have been sitting here posting for the last 12+ hours. Which pretty much supports my claim that not everyone has the time or the inclination.

You might want to check the clock again.

And you have been sitting here posting for the last 12+ hours. Which pretty much supports my claim that not everyone has the time or the inclination.

I never said I didn't have the time. ;)

And you said you had a better way of signing it... That I have absolutely no idea of how to. You couldn't even describe it.

yep, elitist as souggy said.

Only took me like 2 minutes to make a 8 second long clip.

And you've been here posting for the last two hours.

Just saying.

Would take me longer than that...

Need to make sure I am not naked first off.

And that there is a white background.

And there's no ferret running around...

And, um... yeah.

I never said I didn't have the time. ;)

And you said you had a better way of signing it... That I have absolutely no idea of how to. You couldn't even describe it.

yep, elitist as souggy said.

Please show me where I said I had a "better" way of saying it. Perhaps that is why you see it as elitist. You are failing to read the words that are actually written and inserting your own.

I guess I should give the back ground info on the original sentence I asked about. You guys are fun btw!

The conversation was between friends.

Money not-yet arrive. "Do I?

Finish you-page-her?

I-page-her before monday. She-told-me I will get today. Should I-T-T-Y-her again, Huh?

Better not. Maybe go-ahead get lawyer.

Should I I-tell-her I get lawyer O-R...?

Better say nothing. You-ask-her lawyer.

Please show me where I said I had a "better" way of saying it. And I did describe it.

Perhaps that is why you see it as elitist. You are failing to read the words that are actually written and inserting your own.

Post 121.

Read carefully.

Describe it, how? Where? What hand signs, what motions, etc?

I guess I should give the back ground info on the original sentence I asked about. You guys are fun btw!

The conversation was between friends.

Money not-yet arrive. "Do I?

Finish you-page-her?

I-page-her before monday. She-told-me I will get today. Should I-T-T-Y-her again, Huh?

Better not. Maybe go-ahead get lawyer.

Should I I-tell-her I get lawyer O-R...?

Better say nothing. You-ask-her lawyer.

I'm off for the night. Perhaps Jillio can help you out.

Please provide the English side to it as well. This is because the background "ASL" isn't exactly in ASL format so I am not quite sure what is going on. I have the slightest idea, but want to be sure we all have it clear.

Thanks!

Wow really it's not in ASL format, because that's how it is in my book. Well, anyway.

The money hasn't arrived yet, what should I do?

Did you page her?

I paged her last monday. She told me I would get it today. Should I TTY her again?

Better not. Maybe you should get a lawyer.

Should I tell her I will get a lawyer, or...?

Better not say anything. (It doesn't give the rest of the English translation for the remaining sentence.)

Wow really it's not in ASL format, because that's how it is in my book. Well, anyway.

The money hasn't arrived yet, what should I do?

Did you page her?

I paged her last monday. She told me I would get it today. Should I TTY her again?

Better not. Maybe you should get a lawyer.

Should I tell her I will get a lawyer, or...?

Better not say anything. (It doesn't give the rest of the English translation for the remaining sentence.)

d0h.. it was in asl.. :/

I just couldn't read it for the love of god.
My bad.

Meanwhile - I still stick with my youtube of how you would say "better not. maybe you should get a lawyer."

i BETTER get going... Email me at deafie gmail if you want to video chat, i'm more than willing to help.

No apologies needed.

Just being straight-up honest is enough. rather than dancing around the rose bush.

Gotcha. Sometimes straight up honest is interpreted differently by the individual.

Back