Need to solve debate with ASL teacher Help Please

I love how ASL makes it clear what is happening to whom. :D

then stop sitting on it. :rofl2:

I didn't sit on it. you goof. I was cleaning the porcelian with metal cup that is used as a toothbrush holder. Somehow, Cup slipped from my hands and dropped into the sink real hard and it cracked. I was hoping it was the cup. NOPE the cup was totally fine and the sink wasn't. :mad2:

I didn't sit on it. you goof. I was cleaning the porcelian with metal cup that is used as a toothbrush holder. Somehow, Cup slipped from my hands and dropped into the sink real hard and it cracked. I was hoping it was the cup. NOPE the cup was totally fine and the sink wasn't. :mad2:
I know. I was just bustin your melons. :rofl:

Wow. I didn't think that porcelain cracked that easy.

Yeahhhh. :D unfortunately for me! Look like i ll hit the home depot this weekend. I am tired of using the tub already. lol

We had to hit Home Depot for a new toilet and sink today. $322 for the sink, toilet, and faucet. Current toilet has a small leak and since the toilet is in a more up-to-date color (white) than we currently have (1950's tan) MIL decided the sink had to be replaced as well.

We had to hit Home Depot for a new toilet and sink today. $322 for the sink, toilet, and faucet. Current toilet has a small leak and since the toilet is in a more up-to-date color (white) than we currently have (1950's tan) MIL decided the sink had to be replaced as well.
You would recover a lot of that $$ if you sold the toilet because 5 gallon toilets are high in demand ;)

You would recover a lot of that $$ if you sold the toilet because 5 gallon toilets are high in demand ;)

Guess I'm not understanding well. We had to buy a new toilet since the idiot of a plumber who replaced the insides of the tank managed to crack the tank. It leaks, therefore, we had to replace it. We have a different plumber doing the install. (MIL doesn't want us to try and do it and she's paying the bill.)

No it should because the culture they are surrounded in. People see things differently in the south than they do in the north...

Or like amen in sign language. Catholic's amen is different from protestant's amen because the way they view the meaning of amen spiritually-wise.

I noticed this with Baptists' sign for Bible vs. Jehovah's Witness sign for Bible too. "Jesus-book" vs. "Principle" with a B hand shape instead of a P, since JW's don't believe Jesus was the son of God.

I'm sure you will enjoy having a new bathroom. :)

I noticed this with Baptists' sign for Bible vs. Jehovah's Witness sign for Bible too. "Jesus-book" vs. "Principle" with a B hand shape instead of a P, since JW's don't believe Jesus was the son of God.
It's not just a "Baptist" sign. :)

Hi sorry to sound unhelpful but a hearing ASL teacher is not really what you need. He is in another world no matter how hard he/she tries to be the best teacher in the world. It can never be the same. Ask any deaf person who was born deaf and who cannot hear any sounds and I'll bet you'll get a different point-of-view. Assured. But meanwhile, the word order is not fixed and if a hearing person is trying to sign with a different language structure going on in head it will come out wrong. I sure of that. Take care, mountainstream

TBH I've never been a fan of ASL, I just feel it's not really a good way of commuications, I even flunked a few tests on ASL in my first ASL Class at TSD due to the fact I came from a mainstream school, I've always used ESL can't seem to unstuck myself from doing that but using ONLY ASL since I personally feel like a idiot when I talk in ASL since that's pretty much using shortcuts and a "lazy" mode of commuications but I also have concerns where it also affects a handful of deaf students brought up in totally ASL Enviroment with no ESL at all to the point where they WRITE in ASL as well! They cannot seem to unstuck themselves from that and write proper ENGLISH. Heard a rumor that TSD was about to get rid of ASL Completely not sure if that's true tho!

Just my 2 cents!

Uh Oh! Somebody's got a lot to learn! After the dust settles, maybe, lol.

TBH I've never been a fan of ASL, I just feel it's not really a good way of commuications, I even flunked a few tests on ASL in my first ASL Class at TSD due to the fact I came from a mainstream school, I've always used ESL can't seem to unstuck myself from doing that but using ONLY ASL since I personally feel like a idiot when I talk in ASL since that's pretty much using shortcuts and a "lazy" mode of commuications but I also have concerns where it also affects a handful of deaf students brought up in totally ASL Enviroment with no ESL at all to the point where they WRITE in ASL as well! They cannot seem to unstuck themselves from that and write proper ENGLISH. Heard a rumor that TSD was about to get rid of ASL Completely not sure if that's true tho!

Just my 2 cents!
Communications and Environment is spelled as such.

Plenty of grammatical errors in your super run-on sentence. Better have your stuff in line if you're going to degrade these who have bad English.

Oh and yeah, Tousi said it.

BTW, this was brought to you by an ASL user.

Enjoy your day.

Just my 2 cents!
Since you are not a "fan" of ASL, nor well educated in any kind of linguistics, it might be well for you to do a little research before tossing in your two cents.

Communications and Environment is spelled as such.

Plenty of grammatical errors in your super run-on sentence. Better have your stuff in line if you're going to degrade these who have bad English.

Oh and yeah, Tousi said it.

BTW, this was brought to you by an ASL user.

Enjoy your day.
I love how you and Tousi can express the same thought in such diverse ways. :lol:

Back