Need to know how to turn on the vibrate on SK...anyone knows?

SeattleDeafGrl

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I got my sidekick today, YAY! I've got couples of problem that you might help me. The vibration doesn't work when I get IMs or Emails. I've tried the menu and turn on mute on everything but it doesn't work. Also I need the flashing light inside the thumb wheel to work so it'll get my attention. Please help me.

Thanks! :D

The color version is a bit more complicated than the grayscale version. I know how but it's too complicated to say through here. If I had it in my hands, I'm sure to fix it right up for you.

about time you got one ;) let me know how it was.. i wanna know if u like it so far :)

I got a question... what's a sidekick? Maybe if someone posted a pic of it, I'd know. Sorry but I live in Australia, and I don't think they have it here, or if they do, I haven't heard of it. Is it like a mobile phone?

Ziusudra said:
I got a question... what's a sidekick? Maybe if someone posted a pic of it, I'd know. Sorry but I live in Australia, and I don't think they have it here, or if they do, I haven't heard of it. Is it like a mobile phone?

detail.jpg

This is what a Sidekick looks like. It's not available in Austrailia...yet. Right now, it just released in Canada under another authorized dealer called Fido, but it's offically called a sidekick. It's more of a handheld PDA/mobile...say...everything in one.

Wow, that thing looks cool! Thanks for posting the pic, it really helped. What sort of things can it do? I hope they release that in Australia but wouldn't it be very expensive to buy? A lot of the good things are, it's such a shame. How big is it? It looks deceptively small to me from the photo. Sorry for all these questions, but I'm interested in it.

Ziusudra said:
Wow, that thing looks cool! Thanks for posting the pic, it really helped. What sort of things can it do? I hope they release that in Australia but wouldn't it be very expensive to buy? A lot of the good things are, it's such a shame. How big is it? It looks deceptively small to me from the photo. Sorry for all these questions, but I'm interested in it.

I really love my SK, it accomadated with my needs greatly since I'm always on the run. I believe it'll avaliable soon when radio signaler towers are up in Australia and...possible in the U.K. At first when it was released, the price was high as $500. :shock: But of course, there's lots of options out there and online that you can get for much less. I got my for less with no rebates. Always keep your eyes out, sometimes there are "good to be true" temporarily offers hidden somewhere. Also, I want to tell you that Sidekick isn't for everyone, so please choose what you think you WILL be happy with. I've done my researchings for months till I finally had the confident to order one. The size of it is little bigger than a deck card and weighs perfectly in my hand.

Right now, we're going through an updating called OTA (Over The Air) which updates all the SKs across the U.S. and been going on since Late August. I haven't got the updates but heard all the great additionals and better formats.

Ok, tell ya what it has.
Email
Phone, voice box
Address book
Calendar
Camera
AIM
Web Browser
Note
Games
Settings include ringtones, customizing, automatic and text formatting.

Wouldn't be more than happy to answer any more questions! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
SeattleDeafGrl said:
Hi guys,

I got my sidekick today, YAY! I've got couples of problem that you might help me. The vibration doesn't work when I get IMs or Emails. I've tried the menu and turn on mute on everything but it doesn't work. Also I need the flashing light inside the thumb wheel to work so it'll get my attention. Please help me.

Thanks! :D

I have asked my friend who has SK, he said both has same way of setting up vibration, what he did is take his SIM card out of his old SK that is grayscale and slide it into his new color SK, he retained the same setting.. I asked him if the options in color changes for turning off and on.. he said no.. it is not more complicated than earlier SK. so I don't know why other poster said more complicated... :dunno:

Last edited:
Yeah it's important to always research what you think you will be happy with first. I'm very happy with my phone and I don't want a new one unless it breaks or something. Thanks for the info on the SK, it looks pretty damn cool and I hope it comes out soon in Australia!

Price isn't too bad I guess, not if it has everything you need in a SK. It's small and that's a big advantage, I can slip it in my pocket and carry it around or slip it in my bag. Does it break easily though?

Ziusudra said:
Yeah it's important to always research what you think you will be happy with first. I'm very happy with my phone and I don't want a new one unless it breaks or something. Thanks for the info on the SK, it looks pretty damn cool and I hope it comes out soon in Australia!

Price isn't too bad I guess, not if it has everything you need in a SK. It's small and that's a big advantage, I can slip it in my pocket and carry it around or slip it in my bag. Does it break easily though?

I know...I've emailed both the Australian PM (Howard) and Tmobile.com regarding bringing in the Sidekick as I have been wanting to have one for a year now...my sister sells the SK at DeafNation.com and she has one of her own as well!
I have tried it on my mother's when she came out here to visit -- thought it was the coolest device I've ever seen since wyndtell and t900.

If you only use text message then doesent SK have too many wistles to be worth when t-900 does basically the same thing?

well......does anyone have a sidekick....if so then, do you know how get the sidekick to vibrate?? I just got sidekick today and it's pretty awesome!

DeafyHTowner said:
well......does anyone have a sidekick....if so then, do you know how get the sidekick to vibrate?? I just got sidekick today and it's pretty awesome!
read my previous post for link to the SK manual :)

If I remember correctly, you need to make sure there is no sound in the settings. Also, you'll have to do the same for emails and AIM settings too. Unlike the black & white version of SideKick that had only one setting, the color version has more than one and all needs to be set up for it to work. I know it's a bit annoying to have to do more work. Ugh!

Hey guys! I found out how it the vibration works on SK. It's really simple.
I've got my jump screen on un-mute and changed the volume all the way down.
How: go to jump screen and press menu and go to control, you'll see them.
On everything else, you'll see on each items (email, aim, phone msgs) that'll have options for ringtone. Discreet, Tune, voice and beeps. Those has several sets of different rythmical vibrates. What I said about the jump screen is what you should pay attention to. I test my SK's ringtones regularly, you should do that till you've got used to it. I took me awhile to memory the vibrate sets for each items on the jump screen when it's in my purse. I hope that'll be my two cents to yours!

I received many people are complain that sidekick's vibrator is very weak and hardly notice or feel it.

Ziusudra, that sidekick is pretty thick just compare to wireless PDA are more slim and fit, almost powerful engine.

I found the information at *********** that give tip how to use sidekick to keep virbration much longer.

1. Go to http://www.phunc.com on T-Mobile Sidekick
2. Click The Danger Zone
3. And look for Ringtones, click it
4. Enter your T-Mobile Sidekick phone number
5. And look for LED ZEPPLIN "STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN", click it (scroll down bottom)
6. Wait a minute or so
7. Go to your pager, enter email and enter setting
8. Look into (ring for receipt of new email) listing, click then see a listing of rings (beep, discreet, tunes, voice....new addition is IMPORTED, click it
9. You will see Led Zeppel showing, click it
10. Then congrats! You will feel the strong and long vibration
11. Repeat #7-10 for AOL Instant Messaging
12. Make sure phone stay mute, otherwise it will make sounds instead vibration.

hope, that help...

I love it!!

illustrator said:
I found the information at *********** that give tip how to use sidekick to keep virbration much longer.

hope, that help...

Wow! I really love that ringtone 'Stairway to Heaven'! I like the long vibrating but it doesn't change the vibration's strength but the longer it is it feels like strong enought to get my attention. Thanks! I'm gonna try some of other ringtones that'll make my hearing friends jealous! lol

Back