Need help getting cc to work

Christina Martin

Reaction score
I’m not an tech expert but I think I need a coaxial cable to connect from the DVD player to the tv to get the cc to work for a dvd? This dvd has no subtitles; only cc. My tv is Samsung and has cc options from cc1 to cc4 plus text1 to text4. My DVD player does not have cc options. My husband might be able to figure it out but he’s not deaf and doesn’t know cc. Thanks!

If the DVD player isn't already connected to the TV, then yes I think a coaxial cable would do it. The CC would come from the TV if there re no options in setting the closed captioning in the DVD menu itself.

Best I can do- it's been well over 10 years (!!) since I last used a DVD player with my tv (still have the player too) as I tend to watch any DVD on my PC or laptop now.

If the DVD player isn't already connected to the TV, then yes I think a coaxial cable would do it. The CC would come from the TV if there re no options in setting the closed captioning in the DVD menu itself.

Best I can do- it's been well over 10 years (!!) since I last used a DVD player with my tv (still have the player too) as I tend to watch any DVD on my PC or laptop now.

Dang. How do you make your computer DVD compatible? Do you know a simple way or do I try the internet again just to throw up my hands in surrender?

Back