need help for victim

AaronTM

Reaction score
Hello friends: I have a deaf girlfriend on the east coast who needs your support. She was the victim of sexual assault and it is being covered up in HER CHURCH. where her parents are members. she is not allowed to use the internet but sneaks me messages thru a kid she babysits. please let me know if you are willing to help

willing to help, I'm good at spreading the word and signal boosting on social media here #itsherotime

There are a number of Deaf DV/SA support agencies that could be really helpful for her on the East Coast. I think those are the best to start with. You could reach out to them and ask them what they can do in this situation. They have a lot of experience and are generally fantastic people.

I know this might sound like i am been a bit mean but I hope this is legitimate, unfortunately some people will make up a story to get people to give them money.
Either way I hope that if this true (I hope So) That you get the help and advise you need.
I have copied your message and inboxed to my American Contacts
Hope to help even though i am in the UK

In Deaf-related DV/SA, there are complications that come from calling police officers who are unfamiliar with Deaf people and their communication needs. Perpetrators are more likely to use that to their favor. I've often heard that advocacy from an agency while talking to the police can really help with these situations.

there are complications that come from calling police officers who are unfamiliar with Deaf people and their communication needs.

Our department is the WORST even my "abled" mom had experienced. You can only imagined how they treated me as a deaf/blind person over me needing a police report over the IP Relay Service...

In that case and I believe in general it's likely more incompetence rather than "I don't want to follow the ADA".

Our department is the WORST even my "abled" mom had experienced. You can only imagined how they treated me as a deaf/blind person over me needing a police report over the IP Relay Service...

In that case and I believe in general it's likely more incompetence rather than "I don't want to follow the ADA".

If you don't mind me asking, did this happen in a dense urban place or a small city? Or something in between?

I know this might sound like i am been a bit mean but I hope this is legitimate, unfortunately some people will make up a story to get people to give them money.
Either way I hope that if this true (I hope So) That you get the help and advise you need.
I have copied your message and inboxed to my American Contacts
Hope to help even though i am in the UK

You are not the only one who had this reaction. Sadly, there are so many scams you never know.

Anyway, if on the east coast, contact Our Deaf Survivors Center (https://www.odscunity.org/).

Friendly Guy: Sorry to hear that you've had problems with the police. I would still suggest the poster contacts them though.

Friendly Guy: Sorry to hear that you've had problems with the police. I would still suggest the poster contacts them though.
Thanks you and unfortunately that is likely the only recourse. But should they be like to me or any other ways violating the ADA (who's would knows that the very POLICE would violate their OWN conducts...) the complaint form is sitting there. :)

I have mixed experience with the police. Several years ago when I was almost completely Deafblind and had mental health issues as well I kept getting lost and would eventually get taken home in a police car.

I have mixed experience with the police. Several years ago when I was almost completely Deafblind and had mental health issues as well I kept getting lost and would eventually get taken home in a police car.

I am sorry to see that you had to go through that since I could see this how it could be a "mixed" experience. Since incompetent does not helps there either.

Were you able to get it all sorted out in the end?

In the end I took medicine that helped take care of my 'ghosts'. Now I don't go out without a friend or com guide. Too many bad experiences.

In the end I took medicine that helped take care of my 'ghosts'. Now I don't go out without a friend or com guide. Too many bad experiences.
Interesting I glad that it all gone now and I agree. Even if it just for safety reasons everyone should be walking with at least another person and/or with dog(s). :)

Friendly Guy: I'm not allowed pets. And a guide dog is still under consideration but I'm not sure if I'll get one eventually or not.

Friendly Guy: I'm not allowed pets. And a guide dog is still under consideration but I'm not sure if I'll get one eventually or not.

Correct a guide/other service animal that is covered by the ADA has to be permitted even in a "no pets" policy apartment complex. They may still charge a security deposit but that about it they can do at most.

Back