Need 50 male & 50 Female Opinions!!

Lil_country_gal

Reaction score
I'm taking a poll about Females in Auto Mechanics and peoples opinions on it. I really need 50 men and 50 women to give me opinions on it like if you this women should be in mechanics or if it's just a man's feild it doesn't have to be if you are a female and you don't want to but in general please. I can't give the information of the reason for this study until the end i'm really sorry but as soon as i get my information i will post why.

I need this informations:

1. Female or Male
2. Age Range
A. 16-20
B. 21-30
C. 31-40
D.40-60

3. Do you believe Females should participate in Automotive Mechanics?
4. Do you believe that Automotive Mechanics is a male dominated field?

Thankyou so much to anyone who does this it means alot!

Age range: D

Should females particpate in Automotive Mechanics" yes.

Is it a male dominated field: Most definately. But it is time for that to change!:giggle:

OOPS! I forgot: Female!

Last edited:
1. Male
2. A
3. Well they can try, but the cars have been exist for many years, and the men are still have a lot of interest into the cars compare to the women. All I can say women are welcome to join, but there is many thing that women probably will not do as due to their characteristic.
4. Definitely. Because there is many of capititle for men to able to do stuff with the cars plus, obsiviously, the men have higher interest into the cars compare to women.

1. Male
2. A
3. Well they can try, but the cars have been exist for many years, and the men are still have a lot of interest into the cars compare to the women. All I can say women are welcome to join, but there is many thing that women probably will not do as due to their characteristic.
4. Definitely. Because there is many of capititle for men to able to do stuff with the cars plus, obsiviously, the men have higher interest into the cars compare to women.

on 3. What do you think women won't be able to do due to their Characteristics?

1. Female
2. C
3. Yes
4. Yes

on 3. What do you think women won't be able to do due to their Characteristics?

Well the women tendly to be quite of femme, which enjoys to work on their looks, designing the clothes, doing the haircuts, taking care of the children even though they wasn't her children, reading the poem, etc. What I was really mean is that the mechanics career seem fairly low for their characteristic capility(sp?), but I still believe the women are always welcome to join with men working on the cars :)

1. Male
2. D
3. Yes
4. Yes

For a long time, I took my vehicles to a small (4-5 male mechanics) shop and the owner was a guy whose daughter supervised these mechanics and she was good! What I mean by good is that she went to school for this and her relations with the customers was great!! She always solved any problems I had and always explained to all of us customers what they did, problems, etc.etc. She even bagged the old parts and offered to let the customers have it if they wanted. Now that's knowledge and service!

1. Female
2. D
3. Yes
4. Yes

Tousi, are you sure you got #2 correct???

1. Female
2. D
3. Yes
4. Yes

Tousi, are you sure you got #2 correct???

Lol, Sunshine, there should be an E category (61--70) cuz I am 64, acting like 44! Hope that clears it up for you! How old did you think I was?:giggle:

1. Female
2. Age Range

C. 31-40

3. Do you believe Females should participate in Automotive Mechanics? yes
4. Do you believe that Automotive Mechanics is a male dominated field? no

ha ha ... yea I know. The birth date you got in your profile that I remmy long time ago.

Lol, Sunshine, there should be an E category (61--70) cuz I am 64, acting like 44! Hope that clears it up for you! How old did you think I was?:giggle:

1. Sex: male
2. Age range: F 66-70
3. Do you believe females should participate in automotive mechanics?
Yes.
4. Do you believe that automotive mechanics is a male dominated field?
This is not a matter of belief or opinion. The U.S. Department of Labor states, "Of the 884,000 auto mechanics in the United States, 1.3 percent, or 11,500, are women." Do I believe women can do the job and get equal pay of male counterparts? Yes. Absolutely!

1. Male

2. 31-40

Should is an operative word. If a woman (or female if you prefer) wants to be able to do basic maintenance, know when she is being screwed over in repair, and/or wants to be a mechanic, I say - let her! I do not believe anyone "should" be anything; they can be anyone/anything they want.

Yes! I believe it is for obvious reasons. Pre-menopausal women are, typically, weaker than males. Males are usually able to use their strength to tighten bolts, move heavy equipment, and do not have social expectation to stay at home and raise children!

1. Female
2. Age Range
B. 21-30
Yes
Yes

1. Female
2. Age Range

D.40-60

Well, speaking as a former helicopter mechanic for the US Army, I'd
have to say yes.
Only by choice. Some women don't like to get oily and greasy. I do.
In 1974 I had to fight to get out of a home economics class and into
a small engine repair class. I did it. I like machines and I like electronics.
My favorite part of working on helicopters was the safety wireing. I was
really good at it. The only feminine part of me is my love of babies
and children. The rest of me is totally Annie Oakly.

I said no... because the woman at the auto shop told my mom that it just need
a tire rotation. And she did it for free. She is sweet. And yes it is in Mississippi.

1. Female

2. Age Range:
D

3. Yes

4. Yes. If many women have a interest in the Mechanic business as a talent and
professional career people. They has to be really good at this and if the customers like what they is doing at their job. Women have a right to become what they want to be. Of course, every male and female have to go to college or technical school to learn how to do mechanic skills. I applaude all women to go into the field. So go for it!!! :cool:

Back