National Coming Out Day

Yes, I am in the middle of the Bible belt in a very country, very rural area where the majority believe there are no grey areas and that it is all black and white.

Sadly there are no Welcoming & Affirming churches in my area, let alone within driveable distance.

But I will bookmark the page for future reference. It would be nice though to have enough accepting people and enough gays in the area to start a congregation that welcomes and accepts gays.

Dixie it'll take time. I can almost guarentee that in 5-10 years a lot of attitudes will change. It's baby steps yes, but look how far we have come from the '60's! Are there any Unitarian churches in your area? Maybe that might be something to look into.

Yes, I am in the middle of the Bible belt in a very country, very rural area where the majority believe there are no grey areas and that it is all black and white.

Sadly there are no Welcoming & Affirming churches in my area, let alone within driveable distance.

But I will bookmark the page for future reference. It would be nice though to have enough accepting people and enough gays in the area to start a congregation that welcomes and accepts gays.

If you don't mind me asking--where in Arkansas are you at?

I think it's possible for a person to be sexually attracted to both genders.

We invent these labels (straight, gay and bisexual) because humans have a need to paint themselves into a corner or they need a convenient identity.

I won't lie because I do find certain aspects in a guy to be attractive. The idea of doing anything with one still is foreign to me. The idea is that I acknowledge that there's a level of attraction instead of denying it, which could be harmful. I don't actively date or seek out much though.

Brad, I am so with you. I tell people "Sorry I don't do labels." Even the label "Christian" is too vague. If you ask two self proclaimed Christians specific questions about what god thinks about certain things, they will answer differently. Same for gay/bi/straight, ask them specific questions about what it means to be "gay", they will answer differently. I personally think most, if not all, people get attracted to others, regardless of the gender, in various degrees. I know I get attracted to both girls and guys.

And Brad, no harm of being aware that you have some attraction to the same sex. In fact, I find that sexy, being aware of your feelings and stating them as a matter of fact without being worried about what people will think of you. It is what it is.

Oh and to expand on my orgional post. I'm still single although I have strong feelings for a good friend of mine. (we were together and then broke up prolly due to long distance issues) Hannah has really helped me to come out to a lot more people. Makes me feel awesome!

Remember that Jesus said nothing about homosexuality and he is H/She's son
Ditto! Jesus the founder of your religion said nothing about whether or not it was wrong or right to be gay.

Oh and I just came out to my brother today. He did not seem surprised at ALL. I also just found out two of my younger friends from when I was a camper at an all girls camp, are ALSO bi! There was definitly something in the water there!
I'm waiting until I get into a relationship to tell my parents.

Oh and I just came out to my brother today. He did not seem surprised at ALL. I also just found out two of my younger friends from when I was a camper at an all girls camp, are ALSO bi! There was definitly something in the water there!
I'm waiting until I get into a relationship to tell my parents.

Your parents may not even be surprised at all either... :)

Hi all,

I am new <dog mom>. I identify as bi and have good experiences at Unitarian Church. Many UU Churches are what are called "Welcoming Congregations" which has specific language, religious ed. curricula, classes and activities for GBLTQ community. I have been out to most folks, including my then-boyfriend/now-husband - since college. My husband was raised Catholic. I am a member of a synagogue but the Jewish community here is relatively traditional.

Looking forward to PrideFest here in June!

Back