National Coming Out Day

Hehehe. Where do/did you go to school? (if you went)

My parents were medical missionaries and we travelled the world with them along with our grandmother. They homeschooled us kids.

I graduated from Ohio State University in Columbus, OH as well as Capitol University in Bexley, OH.

And now....I live next to the ocean!

I don't understand why it would be hard to be open about being bi?
Well it took me a VERY long time to come to terms with the fact that I am hoh! No wonder it has taken me a long time to come to terms with being even "more" different then I already was. For me, it's just really taken me a long time to come to terms with liking girls. I mean before I fell in love with Maureen, I always thought that I would have ended up with boys. I remember the idea of two girls being in love was just so foriegn to me.

Bisexual people get a lot of shit from the gay community, it sucks.

Yeah, it sure seems like it.

Perhaps the shit flies because bi people want both and perhaps that is interpreted to be selfish by some people.

Well it took me a VERY long time to come to terms with the fact that I am hoh! No wonder it has taken me a long time to come to terms with being even "more" different then I already was. For me, it's just really taken me a long time to come to terms with liking girls. I mean before I fell in love with Maureen, I always thought that I would have ended up with boys. I remember the idea of two girls being in love was just so foriegn to me.

I won't lie because I do find certain aspects in a guy to be attractive. The idea of doing anything with one still is foreign to me. The idea is that I acknowledge that there's a level of attraction instead of denying it, which could be harmful. I don't actively date or seek out much though.

I'm out to some but still closeted for the most part. My boss knows, my coworkers know, but not my parents, not my pastor (god forbid if he did he would probably try to convert me in a very subtle yet annoying way).

If I lived in a bigger community where there was more acceptance and more anonymity about my life then I wouldn't mind running down the street screaming I'm gay! I'm gay!

As odd as this sounds but despite my sexual orientation, I still believe in God. This is one thing I'm still trying to come to terms with despite the fact that God is openly displeased by homosexual behaviours.

I also have a thing for nicely dressed delicate women with a strong faith. Sounds like I am going to have a very difficult time finding 'the one'.

However whilst watching the 'cardboard testimonies' video one couple stepped forward, the man's cardboard read "Fiercely independent single dad" and the woman's read "Fiercely independent single mom." then they flipped their cardboards over and altogether it read "one tightly woven blended family" and it just hit me and cut me like a knife that I too deep inside wanted that for myself and my daughter - a FAMILY and yet I feel like I will struggle with accomplishing this throughout my life. Whether I end up with a husband (I already have and that failed miserably from the get-go) or whether I find a wife, a believe that my daughter deserves a loving and respectful FAMILY. I think deep down she desires it too, but likely she is feeding off my flashy independence if that makes any sense.

I'm out to some but still closeted for the most part. My boss knows, my coworkers know, but not my parents, not my pastor (god forbid if he did he would probably try to convert me in a very subtle yet annoying way).

If I lived in a bigger community where there was more acceptance and more anonymity about my life then I wouldn't mind running down the street screaming I'm gay! I'm gay!

As odd as this sounds but despite my sexual orientation, I still believe in God. This is one thing I'm still trying to come to terms with despite the fact that God is openly displeased by homosexual behaviours.

I knew it! :)

It was November the 19th I think, but it came and went without much hype. At least not around here anyway.

Dixie,
Not nessarily. More and more of the more libral sects of Christianity are now thinking that perhaps God or Whoever Is Up There may not be displeased by homosexual beahvoirs. You should try some of the more libral sects, especially Unitarinism.

My SO is Catholic. He is happy with his orientation and religion - there doesnt need to be this ridiculous rift. It makes me angry how the religious right tries to make gay people feel guilty. I dont believe in god, but you should be able too and love yourself fully!

You'd be surprised, Dixie, I'm perfectly happy being a lesbian and a Christian. When I first came out I spent a lot of time reconciling the two, but once I saw how easy it was, I was amazed it ever seemed hard. I have a lot of sites that might help, or just if you want to talk to someone about it, feel free to pm me. :wave:

H/She's not. H/She wants you to live your life to the fullest and to treat everyone with respect.

Remember that Jesus said nothing about homosexuality and he is H/She's son. :)

Anyway--there are a number of pro-gay Christian churches that will take you for who you are!

I used to be christian for 4 months before I read St Paul. I still believe in god. I just can't believe that god would care that much what two people do together in a loving relationship whatever their sexual orientation. It kind of put me off christianity a bit but I do think that their is a lot of good things that can be learnt from the christian faith.
It's just a shame about St Paul.

Its not easy being Southern Baptist and gay, the two don't mix well. We recently had one guy who went completely off his anti-depressant come out to the ENTIRE congregation that he's now openly gay despite having been converted from a past gay life to a now straight life. Obviously it wasnt well received but he's still coming to church and to Sunday school but a lot of the hardcores are finding it hard to adjust to the orientation.

Im like WAKE UP people! This is the new side of Christianity, there are gay Christians out there that have done WONDERS for the faith. Of course to voice my position on this would require me to out myself. My pastor's wife was heavily wrapped up in anti-gay rights during the past election and was John McCain the entire way. In our Sunday school class I was wanting to pop as I had to sit their and listen to her rant and rave about how Obama is bad for the country and that we need to be focused on other issues other than the economy and the Iraq war. I do like her, don't get me wrong there, but her logic and reasoning couldn't be way more off-base.

If there was a local church that I felt comfortable with and accepted gays I would gladly join but in this rural area that's hard to find.

Its not easy being Southern Baptist and gay, the two don't mix well.
Ugh I can understand. You in the Bible belt?
Believe me....I think in twenty or thirty years the anti gay attitudes will be akin to the pro-segregationist Baptists.
It just takes time.
God loves us unconditonally. He sees what's on the INSIDE rather then what's on the outside. I know He prolly looks down on my feelings for Hannah and thinks that it's a beatiful thing. All it is is LOVE.

Back