Naida H.A.

Ok... I got my Naida III SP. The fit is wonderful and it's so small for a bte. Thats the good news. I have already scheduled an adjustment for friday because I have trouble with the phone, the radio in the car sounds muted and everyone at work sounds cloudy and it's hard to hear from a distance... I think the lows are a little too low? Of course Im still getting used to it...Im just not sure. Im having trouble understanding people. I can hear things... It's hard to explain. REALLY hard to explain.

Ok... I got my Naida III SP. The fit is wonderful and it's so small for a bte. Thats the good news. I have already scheduled an adjustment for friday because I have trouble with the phone, the radio in the car sounds muted and everyone at work sounds cloudy and it's hard to hear from a distance... I think the lows are a little too low? Of course Im still getting used to it...Im just not sure. Im having trouble understanding people. I can hear things... It's hard to explain. REALLY hard to explain.

It sounds muffled and slushy? That's how it sounded to me at first. I have gotten used to it now though.

Yes...thats exactly correct...muffled and slushy... I was going to say... like peoples voices have a big blanket wrapped around and the sounds are not crisp. I really have to focus on trying to listen. I hate going through this. People at work kept telling me that I was talking very loud today.

Yes...thats exactly correct...muffled and slushy... I was going to say... like peoples voices have a big blanket wrapped around and the sounds are not crisp. I really have to focus on trying to listen. I hate going through this. People at work kept telling me that I was talking very loud today.

Same problem here. I need more amplification. If your audie won't properly program your HA, don't buy it then and take your business elsewhere.

Same problem here. I need more amplification. If your audie won't properly program your HA, don't buy it then and take your business elsewhere.

The muffled/slushy thing is a Naida thing, not an audiologist thing.

Getting a Naida IX after 5 years of life on my base priced Miracle Ear ITE. After 2 weeks, still waiting on the earmolds. Question: Are the Naidas shockproof? I've been wearing hearing aids since the early '60's and found that some BTE aids can be quite forgiving if dropped on the floor.

yeah it's shockproof.....oh wait....no it ain't....mmmm....

One other thing: My audie says that I can return the aid. But then she said I will be charged $350.00! (The aid itself is $2000.00) If she cant program it to be crisp and clear when I see her tomorrow. I will return it and Im going to refuse to pay the stupid $350.00 Thats just plain WRONG.

One other thing: My audie says that I can return the aid. But then she said I will be charged $350.00! (The aid itself is $2000.00) If she cant program it to be crisp and clear when I see her tomorrow. I will return it and Im going to refuse to pay the stupid $350.00 Thats just plain WRONG.

If she never told you this upfront, she can't charge you at the last minute. My audie also didn't program my HA perfectly, my dad is going to keep trying to call him. I asked dad about buying a new HA but he thinks it's not worth the money and also thinks my HAs are the best, as long as they are programmed optimally they have that potental that other HAs don't.

The latest;

I had my appt this morning. It was interesting. I got my phonak supero back from repairs and it was fantastic and super powerful! I was in heaven. I told the audie what problems I was having with the naida. She told me she wasn't sure what to do. She called her boss in and she was able to make adjustments and help. HOWEVER, she said this H.A. probably wont give me the power I want and asked me why I didnt request the Naida 5, rather than the 3. I said I didn't know there was anything more powerful and never heard of the 5. So...with that she made adjustments on the old and she ordered the Naida 5 and its supposed to be a little better. Im not sure how Im feeling right now. My lows arent as low and I can hear a little better since she made the adjustments - but she didn't program it for the radio/tv and other stuff. She doesn't like to do a lot of major stuff. I wish she would do it all at once so I don't have to keep going back in. Meanwhile...I have my old phonak which is super great. I'm wondering if I can make that last for a couple more years. I need a guardian angel to tell me what to do...(sigh)
This new H.A. will be another $500.00 so we are talking $2,500.00 plus $375.00 for the repairs on the old aid. The BVR is usless. Someone earlier suggested the Lions club but I don't know how to do that. Oh well... Cest Le Vie. My next appt is on the 23rd. I have time to think. :hmm:

The latest;

I had my appt this morning. It was interesting. I got my phonak supero back from repairs and it was fantastic and super powerful! I was in heaven. I told the audie what problems I was having with the naida. She told me she wasn't sure what to do. She called her boss in and she was able to make adjustments and help. HOWEVER, she said this H.A. probably wont give me the power I want and asked me why I didnt request the Naida 5, rather than the 3. I said I didn't know there was anything more powerful and never heard of the 5. So...with that she made adjustments on the old and she ordered the Naida 5 and its supposed to be a little better. Im not sure how Im feeling right now. My lows arent as low and I can hear a little better since she made the adjustments - but she didn't program it for the radio/tv and other stuff. She doesn't like to do a lot of major stuff. I wish she would do it all at once so I don't have to keep going back in. Meanwhile...I have my old phonak which is super great. I'm wondering if I can make that last for a couple more years. I need a guardian angel to tell me what to do...(sigh)
This new H.A. will be another $500.00 so we are talking $2,500.00 plus $375.00 for the repairs on the old aid. The BVR is usless. Someone earlier suggested the Lions club but I don't know how to do that. Oh well... Cest Le Vie. My next appt is on the 23rd. I have time to think. :hmm:

RUN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION FROM THAT AUDIOLOGIST! DO IT! There is absolutely NO power different between the 3 and the 5. The difference is some of the features, that you don't have on your Supero anyway! There is a power different between the SP and UP though. But the 3 or the 5 make no difference. None at all.

Wise words, and Jenny is 100% correct. Amplification is same for all Naida Models. Your audi is either lying/misleading you, or too stupid to do a simple search online. Either way, do you really want this person adjusting your HA? Sorry, Chuck, but you've got a shit audiologist. No other way to say it.

Best of luck.

RUN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION FROM THAT AUDIOLOGIST! DO IT! There is absolutely NO power different between the 3 and the 5. The difference is some of the features, that you don't have on your Supero anyway! There is a power different between the SP and UP though. But the 3 or the 5 make no difference. None at all.

Chuck, please PM me. I live in Columbus (a suburb), have a phenomenal audiologist in town, have Naida V UPs, and have worked with the Naida rep for optimizing programming. Please touch base with me, I'd love to try and help.

Help !!!
My son just called from school to tell me that his Naida IIIup aid shuts down every time he tries to go to the FM function. He also sait that it takes more than usual for the aid to start once he tries to start it.
He just a few days ago replaced the batteries.
Any idea as to what the problem is?

Sounds like a trip to the audie. I've had mine in many times for random events like turning itself off and refusing to turn on. JennyB claims hers only work with a specific battery brand; my problems occur with any brand.

I scheduled an appointment to the audie (only next week). Until then he can't use his FM system. He really needs it to school.

I scheduled an appointment to the audie (only next week). Until then he can't use his FM system. He really needs it to school.

I use powerone quite well. Other brands make my hearing aids die.

If your son is using FM with the integrated receivers, and he uses his aids and FM often, the batteries will nee replacing fairly often. Much more than normal. I use my FM a lot and I need to change my batteries once a weekish, and I don't wear my hearing aids for even close to 8 hours a day. If the batteries are weak, then they will shut down when switched to FM mode.

This is an interesting thread. I am supposed to go try a pair of Naida HA on Thursday. I have been wearing two Unitron Element 16's for the past two years. I am having more and more trouble understanding speech. I am considering a CI. But before I do that my cousing (an Audi) wants me to try the Naidas. I will have to share the feelings on this thread when I see her on Thursday.

This is an interesting thread. I am supposed to go try a pair of Naida HA on Thursday. I have been wearing two Unitron Element 16's for the past two years. I am having more and more trouble understanding speech. I am considering a CI. But before I do that my cousin (an Audi) wants me to try the Naidas. I will have to share the feelings on this thread when I see her on Thursday.

My own cousin is an audiologist as well! He's really busy though so I have yet to have my Naida HA reprogrammed. You should have your own HA reprogrammed if you aren't hearing loud/well enough. What is your current audiogram and hearing loss? Im great at reading lips, what about you? As for CI my audiologist doesn't recommend it. He says if I end up hearing worse with CI, there's no going back to HAs. You may see my blog(link in sig) for more info about me and my deafness.

Ok... I have returned the Naida III. Just before I returned it...I tried to give it one last chance. Guess what: It died. I don't know what happened but it just gave out. I've decided not to go for the Naida V because I can't afford the $2,500.00. My audie wants me to try a more powerful Naida III ... I thought I had that but she they make a slightly more powerful one. I can't keep track. Im not completely confident it will do any better. Im doing fine on my phonack supero... I guess.

Back