N6, battery Life? Remote features?

soutthpaw

Reaction score
So one of my Freedoms has not worked for over a year. anyway I got approved for replacement of both my CI's. upgrade to N6 bilateral as they are approved for both my implants.

For those that have an N6, I have a few questions before ordering
1: what is the battery life of the compact, and full size rechargeable and the disposable battery option.
2: what are the features of the full size and compact remotes. should I get one of each? What does the full size remote do that the compact one does not do? any daily use function that cannot be set with the compact one? is the full size a touch screen?
3: what features can be controlled/set without the remote(s)?
4: Does each kit come with 2 processors like the freedom/3g or now only one processor?

Thanks in Advance
Soutthpaw

compact battery 6 - 8 hrs
standard 10-12 hrs

I am getting 16 to 20 hours on a standard battery

Disposable batteries gave me 2-1/2 days.

small remote included, full size remote you will need to control all functions, and if bilateral will control both CI with 1 remote and also controls your wireless options .

small remote only controls volum and sensivity, where large remote controls vol, sens, 4 different setting controls ( home, music, cafe, and something else) dont have it with me right now. Depending on the surgeon, some only order 1 processor, I got 2, one for backup. so once bilaterally implanted next month I will have 4 processors, and order extra batteries (rechargables) due to I have all the wireless options and remotes from the first implant.

Just received my wireless tv streamer, and mini mic, waiting on phone clip then I get the software downloaded and paired at my next visit.
Any questions PM, Im not on much since I dont have internet

I know it's not part of your questions but it was something I didn't know at first (it's a small change they did after N5 which I currently don't like so much).

One thing I hated after switching from Freedom to N6 was the earhook. They made it so that they are detachable and I've lost one or two already if my C.I fell to the floor.

Not sure if there is an alternative way but I'm considering taping my earhooks as I've been fed up with them lol.

Going to ask my audiologist if they have earhooks that aren't so detachable.

Side Note: I prefer N5's earhook because it comes off on the top of the C.I - unlike the N6 where the earhook detaches on the bottom of the C.I.

Not a big issue really but it's a small annoyance for me.

Hockey, go buy a short length of vinyl tubing, its soft and flexable, cut a small section long enought yo fit over the earhook and processor where they connect, it will keep them in place if dropped...although I havent had that issue yet ( careful not to drop) my earhook is actuallly really firm fitting and I cant see it just popping off as it takes a good bit of effort to disconnect it.

Back