Mythbusters' Adam Savage HOH?

doh

Reaction score
Was watching Mythbusters last night and thought I saw Adam wearing a hearing aid so I downloaded the episode (sorry !) and he does appear to have a BTE!

They made references to him not hearing well but I had no idea his hearing loss required a hearing aid for him. I wonder if he posts here! :)

it doesn't make him part of deaf culture. he grow as normal hearing living.

Either it's a hearing aid or a communication device for his staff.

If it's really a hearing aid, it's probably cuz he's been listening to too many explosions on his show. :eek:

Either it's a hearing aid or a communication device for his staff.

If it's really a hearing aid, it's probably cuz he's been listening to too many explosions on his show. :eek:

They've said on the show he's had hearing problems before. I also thought that if it was a communication device (aside from a hearing aid. hehe) it'd be the clear coiled kind the secret service have.

They've said on the show he's had hearing problems before. I also thought that if it was a communication device (aside from a hearing aid. hehe) it'd be the clear coiled kind the secret service have.
Someone should send Mythbusters a letter to disprove the myth that the hearing aid he is wearing is a secret communications device. ;)

Interesting. I wonder what congenital condition it is exactly though. It would be nice if they showed more of this on their show or at least busted some myths about the hearing impaired or deaf people. But what myths would we disprove?

I did a little more searching, apparently it is otosclerosis. I would LOVE to see them bust some myths about deafness! How about they start with last week's episode of House?! :D

Because he spend so much time to hear the bomb stuff that killing his ear. tsk.

Nothing to look at, LOL. It's all in the thread right here.

He has otosclerosis, he was born with malformation of the ear bones causing conductive hearing loss.

I don't know, but judging from donttrythis' comment on Twitter, it can be assumed it is not bilateral and he only wears one hearing aid. But I could be wrong. The best way to get a definitive answer is to ask the man himself.

I don't know, but judging from donttrythis' comment on Twitter, it can be assumed it is not bilateral and he only wears one hearing aid. But I could be wrong. The best way to get a definitive answer is to ask the man himself.

Actually, donttrythis is the Twitter account of Adam Savage himself. :)

Last edited:
Back