My Wife's SSD Cut Off

Because of my wife's overpayment history. They said something about a recent system upgrade in their computers. Dunno how they missed the agreement my wife made 10 years ago to pay back the overpayment $50 a month. Something borked up so I'm not sure I fully understand how or why.

But the important thing is that it's been resolved. At least I hope it stays that way and not some jerk from higher up overrides it and make me go back to the SSA office again.

Yiz

Good thing I kept after SSA for three years until they sent me PROOF of OP waiver. It's in a very safe place in case they ever mess with my retirement benefits or anything. When I started getting SSDI after that OP waiver, it was a little messy to go through so the caseworker had to set up a special file attached to my name/SSN just to explain everything. I had it all waived off using a very unusual way (which was why it was confusing). The fact they upgraded the computer systems and my checks were not stopped tells me that they did a very good job fixing up that file and totally absolved me. THANK GOD I fixed this a long time ago. I knew something like this would happen.

Glad everything got worked out. Take it as a lesson learned and try and save up just in case another glitch occurs.

Ouch, that sucks.

They should have made her ex-husband pay it off and not her. :(

I have hear something similar to this story when the husband or not, did something idiot revenge and got thing mess up with SSA. Without realize, the officer are always blind and decide to accuse to the person who receive, not the husband/or-not-so.

Officers are deal with million people that make more difficult to track until it turn out too late. Sometime, we feel that we have to be responsible, more careful.

I have know one of person has been wise on his SSI until he found job and told the office to stop send money. They keep send. He decide to not take advantage but send to saving account to grow the tree. Until it's about time they tell him to give his money back. He did and took out of his saving to office. That leave him only less NICE thousand dollars for himself. All is forgiven :lol:

I am very happy that God work for you to solution your SSA. Thank God care of your wife. I continue pray for your wife to get well soon. Be heal! Beleve Him! :):grouphug:

Wow... that pretty sure messed up..

Anyway, in 2001 I moved into new apt bldg and then notified SSA to change a home address. So then next month later, I checked on my bank account, there is something missing.. the RSDI doesn't come in then I go to SSA office for emergency.. I explained to the SSA staff about my direct deposit didn't come up, and they checked on my SSA account, they FOUND it's missing of my bank account digits. They fixed it right away and they issued "Emergency" response to the treasure office, then treasure office received message on the SSA computer and replied back to my SSA office computer, it's said will be deposited in next day.

Wow, SSA very great person, I know him for many years. Pretty fast response as emergency.

Sorry about your wife. Hope she is all ok. Does she have direct deposit? maybe move to a different bank otherwise the ex-husband can found out.

BTW, to Lighthouse "Some states require that." SSI and SSDI are federal programs, not state. Thus the federal senator's office can help with constituents' question. But VR can't help with federal question. Sometimes this is a maze deaf people have to navigate....

Back