My Wife's SSD Cut Off

I would like to dedicate this song to those that offered me support, advice and suggestions....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6xLMCHFetA]YouTube - Lean On Me By Bill Withers with Lyrics[/ame]

Thank you!

Mmm, I am not sure if I am right but here in Calif when a patient has alizmeher's (mispelling, I feel crap this am so not bother to check my spelling)disease someone in this person's family whether they are spouse or children. They gets $$$ from state to assist patient. My friend is considering about this now her mother is in the stage where she can not take care of herself. I am not sure if in your home state has this kind of program? Now that you are staying home and take care of her, maybe check it out. I only know this because of what my friend told me and someone who work for the state told her to apply one if she decided to take her mother in and take care of her. full time job.

Well crap, my unemployment voucher only paid out $16 this week and I won't roll over into a new one until next week Monday. GAH! March is starting out to be the suckiest month EVER! :mad:

I called the bank in a panic and explained that I don't have my usual full amount this week and asked if the mortgage can be held off until next week Monday and he said he already put a stop payment (automatic debit from our account) until I get this problem with my wife's SSD straighten out. The banker is aware that I'm going to the SSA office tomorrow morning.

Dunno what we're gonna do about food, guess it's time to hit the food banks.

Yiz

Yes, Yiz....Churches will help you! Food banks also, even clothing when you're in need. Bless you! And hang in there...it will all work out. Been there and done that!

Well crap, my unemployment voucher only paid out $16 this week and I won't roll over into a new one until next week Monday. GAH! March is starting out to be the suckiest month EVER! :mad:

I called the bank in a panic and explained that I don't have my usual full amount this week and asked if the mortgage can be held off until next week Monday and he said he already put a stop payment (automatic debit from our account) until I get this problem with my wife's SSD straighten out. The banker is aware that I'm going to the SSA office tomorrow morning.

Dunno what we're gonna do about food, guess it's time to hit the food banks.

Yiz

check out the local libary they might have a book/list of places that provide services

I finally got to them to release my wife's check, it should arrive via direct deposit within 3-5 days post paperwork.

I'm now the designated payee for my wife since she's unable to get around much and is bedridden often. Makes more sense since I pretty much take care of everything for her nowadays.

Whew! Glad that's over with and my wife can now sigh with relief.

Yiz

That's so great!! did you ask them why they stopped the checks in the first place?

That's so great!! did you ask them why they stopped the checks in the first place?

Because of my wife's overpayment history. They said something about a recent system upgrade in their computers. Dunno how they missed the agreement my wife made 10 years ago to pay back the overpayment $50 a month. Something borked up so I'm not sure I fully understand how or why.

But the important thing is that it's been resolved. At least I hope it stays that way and not some jerk from higher up overrides it and make me go back to the SSA office again.

Yiz

Because of my wife's overpayment history. They said something about a recent system upgrade in their computers. Dunno how they missed the agreement my wife made 10 years ago to pay back the overpayment $50 a month. Something borked up so I'm not sure I fully understand how or why.

But the important thing is that it's been resolved. At least I hope it stays that way and not some jerk from higher up overrides it and make me go back to the SSA office again.

Yiz

ah! of course! a computer glitch! what a convenient excuse they can use. :roll:

wondering how many people got screwed by this...

ah! of course! a computer glitch! what a convenient excuse they can use. :roll:

wondering how many people got screwed by this...

Well I can tell you the place was PACKED full of people. Something that I had initially felt it would be. I had that sense of dread and it turned out what I thought it would be.

So it does look as alot of people got effected by this "glitch" as it were.

I can tell you I ended up waiting 3 hrs to talk to someone and spent an hr and 15 pages of scribbled notes trying to get this mess resolved.

And I thought sitting at the DMV was bad.

Yiz

Yiz

That's good. Now all is settle down.

Glad it is resolved, do keep the copies just incase if this happens again. :)

I am glad that the matter got resolved. Damn computer glitch! But, the nice picture of jerk with fugly hair! I hope he will be forced to owe your wife monies!!!

You didn't request for an interpreter at the SSA office ?

Well I can tell you the place was PACKED full of people. Something that I had initially felt it would be. I had that sense of dread and it turned out what I thought it would be.

So it does look as alot of people got effected by this "glitch" as it were.

I can tell you I ended up waiting 3 hrs to talk to someone and spent an hr and 15 pages of scribbled notes trying to get this mess resolved.

And I thought sitting at the DMV was bad.

Yiz

You didn't request for an interpreter at the SSA office ?

I did, but they never provided one. So I just make do w/ a notepad. I've never expected them to provide one, even at the last minute. As usual, none of the SSA offices I've ever been into ever has a "ready-to-go" interpreter.

Yiz

Glad to hear your wife's problem has been resolved. Let's hope they won't screw up with you or your wife's checks again!

Back