My town has some serious problems. . .

Xero

Reaction score
Let's see, first of all, they scheduled Independence day to be celebrated on the FIFTH of the month insteaad of the fourth, to do a bunch of bullshit reasons.

Now. Today, being the fifth, we had a really bad, but fucking awesome thunderstorm. Naturally, the celebration, was postponed.. once again. . .

On the 12th of July :laugh2:

Fucking hilarious. I'm celebrating the 4th on the 12th!

Oooh, why not tell them that the 12th is too close to the National Holiday of France, Bastille Day? Then maybe they will go "Eeek! We hate the French, let's postpone it even more!" :laugh2:

Originally posted by kuifje75
Oooh, why not tell them that the 12th is too close to the National Holiday of France, Bastille Day? Then maybe they will go "Eeek! We hate the French, let's postpone it even more!" :laugh2:

Postpone to Halloween ! :lol: October 31st, 2003 is perfect for you.

~ Sabrina

Something happened here. One area of Rochester, NY... was too busy with other things that they couldn't do the celebration in that area so they decided to postpone it to the 5th.

Originally posted by Xero
Let's see, first of all, they scheduled Independence day to be celebrated on the FIFTH of the month insteaad of the fourth, to do a bunch of bullshit reasons.

Now. Today, being the fifth, we had a really bad, but fucking awesome thunderstorm. Naturally, the celebration, was postponed.. once again. . .

On the 12th of July :laugh2:

Fucking hilarious. I'm celebrating the 4th on the 12th!

That is so UNreal! :crazy: Never heard of postponing celebrations of the 4th of July to another day! Gee..your town must be still living in the olden times, :lol:

Goldie

i think it is okay.. because my town .. we always do the fireworks like end of June.. and plus we always do it the same time as Detroit.. (( less plms )).. so i am used to it... but cool.. postpone till the 12th.. that mean u can bring more people to ur town to celebrations of July4th haha

that definately SUCKS Xero!!

u can always move to another town in ur state that ACTUALLY celebrates on the FOURTH of July not celebrate it on another date :laugh2: :laugh2:

Originally posted by Fly Free
that definately SUCKS Xero!!

u can always move to another town in ur state that ACTUALLY celebrates on the FOURTH of July not celebrate it on another date :laugh2: :laugh2:

:lol: it's just not the same celebrating the 4th of July on a different date rather than right on 4th of July. :crazy:

It shows that the world's filled with strange people with stranger ideas...it's good in some ways as it'll keep the world interesting rather than falling down boring, ha!

Goldie :cool:

:werd: right on Waterrats!!!!!! hahaha

really id think that would suck big time if my city/town doesnt celebrate it RIGHT on the FOURTH of July

Alot of places don't have their fireworks and stuff on the 4th. Some of the towns around here have them on the 3rd and 5th...so that people can see more fireworks.

Also, NASCAR holds it's 4th of july race on the saturday closest to the 4th. 2001 on the 7th, 2002 on the 6th, and this year on the 5th.

I dunno if DreamyKel will check this thread out... but I want to say something for her... DreamyKel, her boyfriend, me, and two other guy which is 5 of us went to camping and fireworks up in Wyoming nearby Cheyenne area... When we came back to Colorado yesterday (sunday afternoon) and DreamyKel let us know that a building right next to her got burned down cuz a man were playing fireworks and it caught the building and it burned down but it didn't burn DreamyKel's building even though it was nearby... OMG she freaked out but glad her apt is still alive... The man who burned the building by firework accident were in jail so it was all over in the newspaper :( for Kellie but glad she and her bf and her stuff is still alive... lucky for them...

:shock: OMG PDP thats awful!!!!!

im very grateful that her stuff along with her bf's stuff and apt are fine *relieved* thats a good news!!!!

glad the guy who was playing with fireworks was arrested sheesh shouldve known better :roll:

here in my county its illegal to possess fireworks or even set it off due to the area being quite urban and every time i go out of state even just 2 states over im still amazed on their allowing fireworks and them being on sale year round :shock: guess its cuz im a life long native here and its been illegal for some 20 or 25 years now since i remmy when i was a child i was able to play with those little thingies ahh sparklers i think are called :dunno: but now theyre illegal here!

yeah... Colorado law said you can play with firework on the ground but not allow to go in air... so we had to go Wyoming, Cheyenne is the same way but we bought some stuff that are illegal to use in Colorado so we went to Hillsdale I think in small town 17 miles east of Cheyenne to ask a person to use their property to let us play from the ground and go in the air... it was a hell of fun but some of us got hurt little bits but fun is fun so go for it!

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
yeah... Colorado law said you can play with firework on the ground but not allow to go in air... so we had to go Wyoming, Cheyenne is the same way but we bought some stuff that are illegal to use in Colorado so we went to Hillsdale I think in small town 17 miles east of Cheyenne to ask a person to use their property to let us play from the ground and go in the air... it was a hell of fun but some of us got hurt little bits but fun is fun so go for it!

It's interesting -- more and more laws banning fireworks. Fireworks are BANNED here in Australia -- especially for private owners who buy fireworks for themselves. Fireworks are only allowed on special days and are done by professional firework workers, whatever they're called. :lol:
If a person within a residential area is caught with fireworks, they can be fined up to $1,000 for holding illegal fireworks. I'll try to scrape up some information on Australian rules on fireworks and get back to you on it. :)

Goldie

last year.. the law passed that they ALLOWED to have fireworks all year.. but not those BIG ones.. just small ones.. but ugh! alot ALOT alot kids were injured... Poor Hosp/ER were so BUSY on that day and night..

OMFG MsGiglz!!!! :shock:

definately the paramedics and the hospitals are in BIG business and the kids being injured WAYY too much is insanity in itself!!!!!!

:crazy: if u ask me :shock: *smh*

Back