My the CI Surgeon and did my Pre-OP stuff!

DeafAlex

Reaction score
Wow today was productive! Met the surgeon! He is very nice and confirmed I can have a CI in my right ear
face-icon-small-smile.gif
The Dr's Resident suctioned a bunch of blood out of my ears that was there from my eardrum surgery 4 weeks ago. Really gross because I got to watch the whole thing on camera lol! Looked at my CT and MRI and said they look great! Met with the pre-OP nurse who explained everything, gave me my surgery packet and instructions, and sent us for tests. Had a chest x-ray because I have asthma, they wanted to make sure my lungs were clear for surgery. Then had a blood draw and urine. ALL DONE!! We don't have to go back which is a HUGE plus since we live 3 hours away! Have to get 2 vaccines at my primary Dr at home. Then it's just waiting for insurance approval and then a surgery date
face-icon-small-smile.gif
He waits 6 weeks for activation. Bummer there but oh well!

Glad things are moving along swiftly for you and hope insurance approval is without delay! Looking forward to your reports when you get activated!

Awesome! I'm glad things are moving along for you! You must be so excited, I hope insurance hurries up so you can get a date set :D

My daughter is still waiting on insurance too, such a pain because a date opened up and I'm not sure we will get the OK in time to schedule her for it.

From my experience: the "delay for activation" is to allow your head to heal In my case - the "delay" was 4 weeks.
Much success in the future.

Back