My RIGHTS to keep my Hearing Dog....

i have problem with this posts i read so far as the fact is that ASSISTANCE DOG or companion DOG doesnt have ability get access to any buildings no matter what unless hearing dog which was being certificated able to get in any buldings..
Fortunately TRUTH HURTS... i asked one deaf agency regarding about guide dogs that would train MY DOG to learn how to be hearing dog One lady stated " NO you have to get our agency dog to train on hearing guides and REPLACE your dog.. either way.. i replied to the lady what do you think who you are you decide what i need what i want... what if i prefer this dog instead theirs they are just try to say most dogs are just plain stupid which not true...
anyway as for HUD or landlords to have asiatnce dog, compainion dog or hearing dog.. truth is right you must have certifacate to prove you actually trained this dog to be assiatnce or hearing dog. thats fact.. i agree.. but there is other way i got in HUD with this dog i mostly trust my life with.. doctor just gave me prescprition which gave my dog authority as " Compainion DOG"..
it upset me when all of you stated few things thats i disagree.. DOGS are not that stupid dogs.. they have hidden skills which agency wouldnt want to see.. they want us to do what they require us to do... nowdays if anyone couldnt afford support companion. assistance or hearing dogs in vet bills etc.. thats fine ther eis one agency is avavible to support your guide dogs... but BY THE LAW you have to have it reapply to recieve the income for dog only which doesnt belong to you.. sometimes as for this some of posts which digusts me that some are being mention about hearing people and deaf people where i am standing between the line..
IT HURTS ME everyday to say hearing people and deaf people are acting like blacks and whites people.,.. some hearing people with disabilties may need assistance dogs... i dont care whatever it tell you or wake you up..
i dont hate deaf people dont hate hearing people but i pity some of you....
catz

;) at catza. Thats the best word to use Companion Dog that I like very much. I dont need their permission since they know I am legally deaf.. So whats the point for me to go to the Dr all the time that it must show anyone that i have my deafness that needs to be proof. For heaven s sake I am legally deaf all my life since I was born.

Sighs! It is pain in the arse to hassle with the paperwork and BS. It took a lot of my time, energy, money and emotional pains because they are being so ignorant after all.

Thats our Deaf rights that should be on the record at once. ;) Thats why I prefer to have ID proof that I am legally deaf since I was born. So that is only way to shut them up and leave us alone whatever we need to have our importance of needs. Also it should be no taxes on us too whatever we buy Deaf accessories. It s the same thing for hearing and Deaf blind that they dont have to pay taxes. Why cant we since we are disablity since everything are too expensive for deafies who do not have the kind of money to pay for our needs.. People dont give a damn our needs.

Thats why I m tired of BS with all mixed messages in this society.. I want to get rid of this BS flag that needs to knock it down. :bsflag: ;)

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

Originally Posted by Sweetmind
We actually dont really need a hearing dog because we have the advanced technology now like flashing light phone, flashing light doorbell, flashing light fire/ smoke alarm and etc etc as you name it...

Exactly, I do not need hearing dog or children to guide me because they can hear. *sigh*

Guide dogs is necassary for blind, not deaf because I can see anything and walk right way...

I can do it myself... I have technology at home which good enough.

I accept pets because I want their company.

Look at Doofosmomma's post. She doing right to not accept hearing dog because of hassle with rule etc since she has kids.

I can image what if a single person get hearing dog, then later married and start family... You know what the children are... They would get hearing dog into pet... what a waste... That's why I think it's not necassary to train dog to be hearing dog.

Sweetmind said:
;) at catza. Thats the best word to use Companion Dog that I like very much. I dont need their permission since they know I am legally deaf.. So whats the point for me to go to the Dr all the time that it must show anyone that i have my deafness that needs to be proof. For heaven s sake I am legally deaf all my life since I was born.

Exactly

Sweetmind said:
You are making a big deal out of it since it 's the same thing happens to Hearing people even they have a dog. Someone can stabbing the dogs or poison the dogs that doesnt know what's it in there that you cannot see. There are no way to prevent that happens 100 percent. "RME" It is not a perfect world that we live in since they dont have any respect for people s life itself.

I'm making a big deal? Hmm-hmm. Let me tell you something.

I never once said that it does not happen to hearing people. Yes, there are break-ins and poisonings and stabbings. My daughter delivers newspapers and there's almost always a delight on the front page. You're absolutely right about that, this is a sick and twisted world we live in. In your post, however, you implied that hearing dogs weren't necessary unless one was deaf-blind, that one who was deaf and not blind should be content without a companion dog and the topic IS about HEARING DOGS. I strongly disagree with your ridiculous statement because even so, there's a LOT that goes on around any deaf individual that they don't SEE, whether they are at home, at school, or at the store, etc. I wasn't even referring to the DOG getting hurt, either - I was referring to the deaf individual that owns the dog. I'm appalled that you don't concur with that but given the amount of bullshit you've been fed and you're attempting to feed the rest of us, it doesn't surprise me in any way.

Sweetmind said:
Nice try! My advise to you is to look up your own mirror and say it aloud for me, please since it s your words not mine. ;) I cannot hear you very well that you need to say it out louder that still strikes you back again. ;)

Did you need me to say it in ASL? I'd be more than happy to accomodate you in that manner. The point is, you're mixing fruit here. We're talking about hearing dogs and whether or not one is truly needed by someone who is deaf. The answer is no, there is no mandatory requirement for a deaf person to own an assistive animal, BUT it is a choice. Where the heck do hearing people come in, here?

Sweetmind said:
Keep that up please!

Oh, I will. I am incredibly amused by your posts. If I'm in any way out of line, I'm sure someone will let me know. So far, I only see you making a lot of waves.

Surf's up!

If I see any Dogs who are Deaf. I will make sure to get them cochlear implants !!

:eek2:

Kalista said:
If I see any Dogs who are Deaf. I will make sure to get them cochlear implants !!

LOL, Kalista...make sure they've got their meningitis shots, first. :lol: I can't stress upon that enough. :)

jeez some of you need to take chill pill..

I only would like to have dog to alert me.. but problem is ..
most rent apartment or rent house.. not accept dog..
it will be easy if access to have hearing dog.. that "some" of us would like to have dog .. for guide us .. like alert.. or guide me or my man if something need to bring some attention..
in our home.. not other places..

I am not going to use our dog or service (hearing dog) for good excuse..
just wanted to have pet dog who can alert us in some great talents... and have them in our home even though against landlord 's wishes.. or rules.. but lucky enough, our landlord wanted us to prove them that we took care of and important to us.. he is very pleased with our dog's improvements since we got him from stranger.. and attacked by pitbull.
he wished he have our dog lol.. :)

Liebling:-))) said:
Exactly, I do not need hearing dog or children to guide me because they can hear. *sigh*

Guide dogs is necassary for blind, not deaf because I can see anything and walk right way...
Hearing assistance dogs aren't "guide" dogs; they aren't used for "guiding" Deaf people. The duties of guide dogs for the blind, and assistance dogs for the deaf are two different things.

I can do it myself... I have technology at home which good enough.
That's fine when you are at home. But people don't stay home all the time.

...That's why I think it's not necassary to train dog to be hearing dog.
Fine. You don't need to get one. But please don't criticize other people who do want one.

Sweetmind said:
;) People dont give a damn our needs.

Thats why I m tired of BS with all mixed messages in this society.. I want to get rid of this BS flag that needs to knock it down. :bsflag: ;)

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

I hate to inform you, dear, but, we all must fit into society. Having a hearing dog is no different than a blind person having a dog, or physically disabled person having a dog. It's all for the same purpose.

You may choose to not have one, but don't criticise another deaf person for the choice they made. If it helps them acclimate to this society, good for them. I've seen far too many atitudes promoting the idea that hearing people owe the deaf something, and they don't. Being deaf doesn't make somebody special, or entitle them to something. Same way being blind doesn't or being physically disabled doesn't.

I'm really disturbed by some of the things I've seen from you, SM. Your exclusive atitudes make me wonder.

DoofusMama said:
jeez some of you need to take chill pill..

I only would like to have dog to alert me.. but problem is ..
most rent apartment or rent house.. not accept dog..
it will be easy if access to have hearing dog.. that "some" of us would like to have dog .. for guide us .. like alert.. or guide me or my man if something need to bring some attention..
in our home.. not other places..

I am not going to use our dog or service (hearing dog) for good excuse..
just wanted to have pet dog who can alert us in some great talents... and have them in our home even though against landlord 's wishes.. or rules.. but lucky enough, our landlord wanted us to prove them that we took care of and important to us.. he is very pleased with our dog's improvements since we got him from stranger.. and attacked by pitbull.
he wished he have our dog lol.. :)

you need a dog front of your bedroom door. When the kids listen to your bed up and down with alot of noise. Your dog will growl at the children to leave you and your husband alone.
focking.gif

I am sorry it offended me in big way when someone say if they see dogs who happen to be deaf should be having cochlear implants....doga are just like you.. as truth is someone is right some buildings doesnt allow dogs in.. i agree with you.. as about dogs and CI let me say something to this person.. areyou being self centered? i have seen some dogs are crippled due to birth .. some are deaf cue to birth but what give you a right to change what they are into something that YOU WANT THEM TO BE.. just same as if someone say oh you are deaf oh come on you should get CI..... please dont ever go there..
some people are okay without hearing , companion or guide dogs.. i respect that .. some people and their situations are just different whch we wouldnt know unless we are in their shoes and understand where they are standing..
as for example before you sign the lease KNOW YOUR DOG WELL and write down on lease before sign letting them know what Dog is able of doing so..
thats what i did before i moved in Landlord broke my dooron purpose due to emergency switch was beingon everyone thought i was dead it happened accidently.. eventough my dog attacked him and barred him from going in apt.. LL is aware of his risks so he called one friend who my dod trust.. LL didnt evict me for my dog s goings .. i wonder why is that? make sure people know your dog is not just a dog they live with you they sleep with you they protect you they listen for you.. i am sorry a person actually made me sick in stomach stated about dogs and Ci thats very distasteful of her or him....

hey DoofusMama i agree with you.. there are three different dogs you can choose from one is hearing dog- which has to be trained by deaf agency and certified..but its their choice which dog..
second choice is Assistance Dog is for anyone hearing or deaf with no ability of functions.. i dont really like saying it but out of respect dogs help them with stuffs most of time ser certified...
third one is companion dog.. the dog has to be non voilent most of time,, and being more aware of who their owners are always go anywhere you go but no access to buldings.. no certificated.. which its okay with me but you get it from your personal doctor and let him comfirm you are deafness and aware of what type of your dog how its actions. all he have to write down on prescription " companion dog" under HUD laws they approve this.. they waive fees .. as long as you follow their rules just same like other tenants..
i hope it helps you?

It is my understanding (correct me if I am wrong) that public places and apartments which receive any government funding, can NOT prevent you from having a CERTIFIED assistance dog. Does anyone know the actual laws in force on the subject?

Reba said:
Hearing assistance dogs aren't "guide" dogs; they aren't used for "guiding" Deaf people. The duties of guide dogs for the blind, and assistance dogs for the deaf are two different things.

:confused: As what you say Hearing assistance dogs are not guide dogs... What exactly we deafies need hearing dogs if they are not "guide"???

That's fine when you are at home. But people don't stay home all the time.

:confused: For your information, I don´t stay home all the time as well... I work 8 hours a day in everyday.

Fine. You don't need to get one. But please don't criticize other people who do want one.

Huh? I´m not here to criticize anyone but voice my own opinion... I am allow to agree to disagree what I want... You also as well in other threads...

Kalista said:

:lol: but I´m serious about cat... I read the magazine that a cat got CI at 2 years ago... I found link and add the picture of cat with CI somewhere here... I can´t remember where... I will add here if I find.

Eve said:
It is my understanding (correct me if I am wrong) that public places and apartments which receive any government funding, can NOT prevent you from having a CERTIFIED assistance dog. Does anyone know the actual laws in force on the subject?

I hope this is what you were looking for? I took the liberty of googling the American with Disabilities Act as it applies to service animals, and this is what I came up with:

http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/animal.htm

Liebling:-))) said:
:lol: but I´m serious about cat... I read the magazine that a cat got CI at 2 years ago... I found link and add the picture of cat with CI somewhere here... I can´t remember where... I will add here if I find.

err like this...

Attachments

• Picture 477.jpg
    Picture 477.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 67
Eve
What state do you need law on? LMM have specail book w/her laws for each state. She carry's this book w/her where ever she & Scv.dog go.We be happy to help you!
Each state landlord code is differnet. But the penalties are strick!

LMM

Back