My new Resound Veas

GrayEagle

Reaction score
Just got them this Wednesday (ironically just after DH, husband, got laid off; we'd already signed the loan papers :|). They are medium priced, just over half what Phonak Nadias would cost me, to replace (I've had the BTE Nadias for 8 years, but last two they couldn't help me as much and I was having trouble hearing adequately with them). My old ones cost me just over $5000 for both aids 8 years ago. My new BTE ones were $3500 including molds. They have 3 programs: regular setting, #2 is for noisy situations like restaurants and #3 telecoil.

ReSound - ReSound Vea - Newest hearing aids tailored to your individual hearing environment and preference

So far, surprisingly the molds are comfortable. No sore spots. I *always* have sore spots, LOL! That my audiologist has to shave carefully to get a good fit. I did not get my purple molds, as I need hypoallergenics and they don't come in colors. :( And no pretty colors for the casing of the aid. I ended up with "Expresso" which is a very dark brown. Anything to stay away from boring beige, LOL! :laugh2:

It's amazing how much I have been missing. Program #2 also means I can understand and have a conversation with someone in a car. Before, the surrounding sounds of the vehicle, tires on the road, engine, etc., meant "forget about it" for real conversation. Good volume range so far. No feedback. No sore spots. I am keeping a log of experiences in different situations and will see my audiologist in 2 weeks for any fine tuning. :)

Good luck! I hope everything works out for you.

Good for you. Positive so far, hope you carry on liking them.

good luck with those hearing aids!!!!! that might be something I might save up for someday. :)

Back