My new dog

is it true americans cross breed wolves with domestic dogs

Actually some idiots do this and it should be illegal. Anything bred with a wolf is going to be a wolf. It's unfair to the animal to do this because its nature is never going to be domesticated. At Wolf's Hollow in Ipswich, MA, they've had a few donations from people who bought this types of "dogs" only to find they couldn't handle them. Very cruel to the animal to do this as the animal is never happy nor are its need met being treated like a domestic dog. If you love animals, please don't do this...get a domestic dog.

Links:

http://www.jmdogtraining.com/html/services/wolf-dogs.html

http://www.wolfhollowipswich.org/

Laura

Last edited:
I feel idiots do this for reasons of fighting or guarding... otherwise there is no reason for it and I agree 100%

And you would be right. Just like interpreters, there are different agencies that certify these terps. But ADA requires a certified interpreter in specific situations, other times a friend, etc. can interpret for the deaf person.
Actually, it's not the ADA that requires certified terps. The requirement is "qualified" interpreter. Qualified and certified are not interchangeable terms.

Certain agencies, such as courts or schools, might require that their interpreters are certified but the ADA does not.

Same with the service dogs. There are NOT state agencies (like individual DPS) that license but special certification agencies.
What are those agencies?

Once a dog is certified and licensed, that dog falls under ADA as an assist/service dog and requires certain legal accommodations.
The ADA does not require certification of service dogs.

COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT SERVICE ANIMALS IN PLACES OF BUSINESS

1. Q: What are the laws that apply to my business?

A: Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), privately owned businesses that serve the public, such as restaurants, hotels, retail stores, taxicabs, theaters, concert halls, and sports facilities, are prohibited from discriminating against individuals with disabilities. The ADA requires these businesses to allow people with disabilities to bring their service animals onto business premises in whatever areas customers are generally allowed.

2. Q: What is a service animal?

A: The ADA defines a service animal as any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability. If they meet this definition, animals are considered service animals under the ADA regardless of whether they have been licensed or certified by a state or local government.

Service animals perform some of the functions and tasks that the individual with a disability cannot perform for him or herself. Guide dogs are one type of service animal, used by some individuals who are blind. This is the type of service animal with which most people are familiar. But there are service animals that assist persons with other kinds of disabilities in their day-to-day activities. Some examples include:

_ Alerting persons with hearing impairments to sounds.

_ Pulling wheelchairs or carrying and picking up things for persons with mobility impairments.

_ Assisting persons with mobility impairments with balance.

A service animal is not a pet.

3. Q: How can I tell if an animal is really a service animal and not just a pet?

A: Some, but not all, service animals wear special collars and harnesses. Some, but not all, are licensed or certified and have identification papers. If you are not certain that an animal is a service animal, you may ask the person who has the animal if it is a service animal required because of a disability. However, an individual who is going to a restaurant or theater is not likely to be carrying documentation of his or her medical condition or disability. Therefore, such documentation generally may not be required as a condition for providing service to an individual accompanied by a service animal. Although a number of states have programs to certify service animals, you may not insist on proof of state certification before permitting the service animal to accompany the person with a disability.

4. Q: What must I do when an individual with a service animal comes to my business?

A: The service animal must be permitted to accompany the individual with a disability to all areas of the facility where customers are normally allowed to go. An individual with a service animal may not be segregated from other customers.

5. Q: I have always had a clearly posted "no pets" policy at my establishment. Do I still have to allow service animals in?

A: Yes. A service animal is not a pet. The ADA requires you to modify your "no pets" policy to allow the use of a service animal by a person with a disability. This does not mean you must abandon your "no pets" policy altogether but simply that you must make an exception to your general rule for service animals.

6. Q: My county health department has told me that only a guide dog has to be admitted. If I follow those regulations, am I violating the ADA?

A: Yes, if you refuse to admit any other type of service animal on the basis of local health department regulations or other state or local laws. The ADA provides greater protection for individuals with disabilities and so it takes priority over the local or state laws or regulations.

7. Q: Can I charge a maintenance or cleaning fee for customers who bring service animals into my business?

A: No. Neither a deposit nor a surcharge may be imposed on an individual with a disability as a condition to allowing a service animal to accompany the individual with a disability, even if deposits are routinely required for pets. However, a public accommodation may charge its customers with disabilities if a service animal causes damage so long as it is the regular practice of the entity to charge non-disabled customers for the same types of damages. For example, a hotel can charge a guest with a disability for the cost of repairing or cleaning furniture damaged by a service animal if it is the hotel's policy to charge when non-disabled guests cause such damage.

8. Q: I operate a private taxicab and I don't want animals in my taxi; they smell, shed hair and sometimes have "accidents." Am I violating the ADA if I refuse to pick up someone with a service animal?

A: Yes. Taxicab companies may not refuse to provide services to individuals with disabilities. Private taxicab companies are also prohibited from charging higher fares or fees for transporting individuals with disabilities and their service animals than they charge to other persons for the same or equivalent service.

9. Q: Am I responsible for the animal while the person with a disability is in my business?

A: No. The care or supervision of a service animal is solely the responsibility of his or her owner. You are not required to provide care or food or a special location for the animal.

10. Q: What if a service animal barks or growls at other people, or otherwise acts out of control?

A: You may exclude any animal, including a service animal, from your facility when that animal's behavior poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others. For example, any service animal that displays vicious behavior towards other guests or customers may be excluded. You may not make assumptions, however, about how a particular animal is likely to behave based on your past experience with other animals. Each situation must be considered individually.

Although a public accommodation may exclude any service animal that is out of control, it should give the individual with a disability who uses the service animal the option of continuing to enjoy its goods and services without having the service animal on the premises.

11. Q: Can I exclude an animal that doesn't really seem dangerous but is disruptive to my business?

A: There may be a few circumstances when a public accommodation is not required to accommodate a service animal--that is, when doing so would result in a fundamental alteration to the nature of the business. Generally, this is not likely to occur in restaurants, hotels, retail stores, theaters, concert halls, and sports facilities. But when it does, for example, when a dog barks during a movie, the animal can be excluded.

If you have further questions about service animals or other requirements of the ADA, you may call the U.S. Department of Justice's toll-free ADA Information Line at 800-514-0301 (voice) or 800-514-0383 (TDD).

July 1996
Reproduction of this document is encouraged.

Thank you Reba, for your post.

Now read your post where it says: A service animal is not a pet.

Ever think about how to ascertain this?

Who decides if a person is a "qualified" interpreter?

Who decides if the animal is a "pet" or a "service animal"?

In the case, as is often, of a self-train animal, who decided of there is been significant, proper training?

For all these questions the answer can not be ADA because ADA is nothing more than a law on paper. Therefore, there must be a need for standards and certification.

Thank you Reba, for your post.

Now read your post where it says: A service animal is not a pet.

Ever think about how to ascertain this?
Relating to the ADA, it means that businesses cannot treat the service animal they same way they would treat a pet. The ADA does NOT address training or certification requirements.

Who decides if a person is a "qualified" interpreter?
That is always a problem. There is not "rule" for that. It's usually left up to the provider, with the consensus of the consumer.

Who decides if the animal is a "pet" or a "service animal"?
Not the business owner. They are not allowed to ask for proof. They have to take the word of the person who has the animal. If the customer says, "This is my service animal" then the business owner has to accept it.

In the case, as is often, of a self-train animal, who decided of there is been significant, proper training?
No one.

For all these questions the answer can not be ADA because ADA is nothing more than a law on paper. Therefore, there must be a need for standards and certification.
Please tell me who that organization is, and under what authority they operate.

By the way, all laws are "on paper." If there is such a thing as legally required service animal certification, that would also be "on paper."

COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT SERVICE ANIMALS IN PLACES OF BUSINESS

1. Q: What are the laws that apply to my business?

A: Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), privately owned businesses that serve the public, such as restaurants, hotels, retail stores, taxicabs, theaters, concert halls, and sports facilities, are prohibited from discriminating against individuals with disabilities. The ADA requires these businesses to allow people with disabilities to bring their service animals onto business premises in whatever areas customers are generally allowed.

2. Q: What is a service animal?

A: The ADA defines a service animal as any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability. If they meet this definition, animals are considered service animals under the ADA regardless of whether they have been licensed or certified by a state or local government.

Service animals perform some of the functions and tasks that the individual with a disability cannot perform for him or herself. Guide dogs are one type of service animal, used by some individuals who are blind. This is the type of service animal with which most people are familiar. But there are service animals that assist persons with other kinds of disabilities in their day-to-day activities. Some examples include:

_ Alerting persons with hearing impairments to sounds.

_ Pulling wheelchairs or carrying and picking up things for persons with mobility impairments.

_ Assisting persons with mobility impairments with balance.

A service animal is not a pet.

3. Q: How can I tell if an animal is really a service animal and not just a pet?

A: Some, but not all, service animals wear special collars and harnesses. Some, but not all, are licensed or certified and have identification papers. If you are not certain that an animal is a service animal, you may ask the person who has the animal if it is a service animal required because of a disability. However, an individual who is going to a restaurant or theater is not likely to be carrying documentation of his or her medical condition or disability. Therefore, such documentation generally may not be required as a condition for providing service to an individual accompanied by a service animal. Although a number of states have programs to certify service animals, you may not insist on proof of state certification before permitting the service animal to accompany the person with a disability.

4. Q: What must I do when an individual with a service animal comes to my business?

A: The service animal must be permitted to accompany the individual with a disability to all areas of the facility where customers are normally allowed to go. An individual with a service animal may not be segregated from other customers.

5. Q: I have always had a clearly posted "no pets" policy at my establishment. Do I still have to allow service animals in?

A: Yes. A service animal is not a pet. The ADA requires you to modify your "no pets" policy to allow the use of a service animal by a person with a disability. This does not mean you must abandon your "no pets" policy altogether but simply that you must make an exception to your general rule for service animals.

6. Q: My county health department has told me that only a guide dog has to be admitted. If I follow those regulations, am I violating the ADA?

A: Yes, if you refuse to admit any other type of service animal on the basis of local health department regulations or other state or local laws. The ADA provides greater protection for individuals with disabilities and so it takes priority over the local or state laws or regulations.

7. Q: Can I charge a maintenance or cleaning fee for customers who bring service animals into my business?

A: No. Neither a deposit nor a surcharge may be imposed on an individual with a disability as a condition to allowing a service animal to accompany the individual with a disability, even if deposits are routinely required for pets. However, a public accommodation may charge its customers with disabilities if a service animal causes damage so long as it is the regular practice of the entity to charge non-disabled customers for the same types of damages. For example, a hotel can charge a guest with a disability for the cost of repairing or cleaning furniture damaged by a service animal if it is the hotel's policy to charge when non-disabled guests cause such damage.

8. Q: I operate a private taxicab and I don't want animals in my taxi; they smell, shed hair and sometimes have "accidents." Am I violating the ADA if I refuse to pick up someone with a service animal?

A: Yes. Taxicab companies may not refuse to provide services to individuals with disabilities. Private taxicab companies are also prohibited from charging higher fares or fees for transporting individuals with disabilities and their service animals than they charge to other persons for the same or equivalent service.

9. Q: Am I responsible for the animal while the person with a disability is in my business?

A: No. The care or supervision of a service animal is solely the responsibility of his or her owner. You are not required to provide care or food or a special location for the animal.

10. Q: What if a service animal barks or growls at other people, or otherwise acts out of control?

A: You may exclude any animal, including a service animal, from your facility when that animal's behavior poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others. For example, any service animal that displays vicious behavior towards other guests or customers may be excluded. You may not make assumptions, however, about how a particular animal is likely to behave based on your past experience with other animals. Each situation must be considered individually.

Although a public accommodation may exclude any service animal that is out of control, it should give the individual with a disability who uses the service animal the option of continuing to enjoy its goods and services without having the service animal on the premises.

11. Q: Can I exclude an animal that doesn't really seem dangerous but is disruptive to my business?

A: There may be a few circumstances when a public accommodation is not required to accommodate a service animal--that is, when doing so would result in a fundamental alteration to the nature of the business. Generally, this is not likely to occur in restaurants, hotels, retail stores, theaters, concert halls, and sports facilities. But when it does, for example, when a dog barks during a movie, the animal can be excluded.

If you have further questions about service animals or other requirements of the ADA, you may call the U.S. Department of Justice's toll-free ADA Information Line at 800-514-0301 (voice) or 800-514-0383 (TDD).

July 1996
Reproduction of this document is encouraged.
I was out shopping with my daugther with my hearing dog , Finlay and where in a dressing room. A saleswoman came up to me and said " a customer was afraid of my dog and that I needed to get out of the dressing room" I told the saleswoman, "No, it was the customer that needed to move if she afraid of dogs and if she make me move there will be a lawsuit." People do not realize this , you can't made a person that has a service dog move when that dog is going nothing wrong. When I got Finlay we where told about a woman that was on a airplane and she had a service dog and the woman was told to move because a person was afraid of dogs . The woman and dog moved to another seat. She sues the airline for a large sum of money and won.

you can go to amazon.com and type in service dog, hearing dog, or sevice animals to find ID kits, vests, patches...ect... Cheaper than getting it through the trainers and sometimes better looking products as well

New pictures today

Attachments

• DSCN1872.jpg
    DSCN1872.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC01437.jpg
    DSC01437.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC01435.jpg
    DSC01435.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 5
a few more pics today..

Attachments

• DSC01453.jpg
    DSC01453.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC01445.jpg
    DSC01445.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 5
That she is.. gonna take her for a LOOOONG walk later, she has too much energy
Attach her to the stroller and let her pull my son around or something...lol

my dog is sbale the girl.. my dog born have 9 baby on sep14. i see baby very cute. but my 1 baby is die. i carry go to hill top put borrn. beacuse im very cry!!! 5min im will stop cry. then go to home. and when my dog go to hill top my was baby is die in borrn she semll my baby is goaf.she say sorry for feet hard on my baby.

you do use pooper scoopers in usa,cos no seem get through people thick heads use them here.every dog in suffolk dump outside my door

hearing dogs wear special coat here that says hearing dog

Finlay wore a collar , leash and orange jacket the said he was a 'hearing' dog and you would not believe how many people asked me if I was blind or if my dog was a service dog! I had to finally get his jacket off as jackass people where trying to block my way to read the jacket or following me out of a the store. One jackass mother let her little boy put his arm under my dog jacket and pull on it! If my dog had bitten the jackass's kid it would had been my fault. You really have to made sure your service dog is very well trained as people will try to step over your dog or let their bratty kids bug your dog.
Some idiots thought my beautiful black standard poodle was a toy and where to step right on him when he was laying down! Finlay was trained not move when a person stepped over him, this is really importance to train a service dog if you plan on taking him/her shopping or eating out with you.
Your dog can't move, bark, or growl when a person steps over him .

No, if they cross breed a wolf they will do it with an Alaskan Malamute or a Siberian Husky since the markings are so close as well as the body. Siberians and Malamutes are in the wolf family anyways.
I was just watching severals shows last night on the top 10 strongest dogs, and the Alaskans/Malamute are back to back and also stronger than a pit which surprised me.... Pits are only strong for a short period and they tire, ALaskans/Malamute are strong as well as Endurance for pulling sleds, where a pit is strong when trained to pull up to 2000 pounds the pit can only do it a short period and take in consideration a pit can only work in the warm climates where the husky breeds can work in the harsher cold weathers sub zero.... Huskies also out rank pitbulls in the top 10 most feared dogs as well, Surprisingly.

That's what I've been telling too many people, there are so many more breeds out there that beats a pit for a specific trait. I love pits, they get bad rap for everything.

Dont get me wrong, my dad's side of family are heavy on huskies. Still has husky in the family. I find out that the bad genetics made them the most stupidest ADHD dogs out there same with other dog breeds, they just want to run, and run and run to the end of the world where there is to be dragons.

Huskies are bred for speed while pulling sleds while malamutes are the heavy pullers but not built for speed. I always keep track of the iditarod race every year. Surprises me not many know about it. :shock:

What is scary about the dog fight ring, the bad people are stealing/dognapping huskies for bait use. Huskies are used for training for PIT BULL fight rings as a bait dogs because of their ENDURANCE and STAMINA to keep fighting. I feel bad when I see people have "lost" their huskies when there is a chance it was taken for a bait dog use.

is it true americans cross breed wolves with domestic dogs

most of states like my states BAN any hybrid of wolf. So no its not ALL americans but yes there are some people breeding wolves and crossing them with domestic dogs which I find it scary. Once they're in the wild, there are more and more wolves and coyotes less afraid of people. theyre getting more aggressive as well. In alaska they're bad big ones.

Back