my mom died

Step and doh, I'm truly sorry that you lost your loved ones and that I pray that God will give you comfort, as well as your friends and us here at AD.

Condolences to you both at this difficult time, what tragic news. God bless. xxx

Steph, very sad to hear of the loss of your mother. my condolences to you and your loved ones at this sad time for you all.

Doh, very sorry to hear of the loss of your wife, may you find strength in the good memories you shared.

Kangaroo

Oh my goodness ... I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

my brother killed himself by gunshot to the head on september 20th 1996. a leap year. I attempted suicide both in 2000 and 2004 both leap years but I made it and am a lot better now. my mom had cancer and didnt want all of us to watch her die slowly and painfully and she didnt want to die that way either. she killed herself on the 20th of march 2008, a leap year and the 20th of the month but different months. she was at her home in her bed with us on the property with her. she died like she wanted to with us with her and in her home in her bed. I have peace in my heart that this was ok. as I have been telling everyone at the funeral home, it was the lesser of two evils. one, she would die in a hospital bed drugged out fo her gourd with pain meds in a hosptial bed in some strange place and strangers around as well as us loved ones or two, she would die at home in her bed and us close to her. she picked two and I am okay with that. we talked about a lot of things and that was one of them but I didnt think and had no idea she would actually do this. I am okay for now, I don't think I have really let it sink in yet, as my husband tony says, he thinks it's the calm before the storm. I will start coming back into chats and stuff slowly but it will take some time to be happy again. thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

DOH::: I am so sorry about your wife, do you have any idea why she did it? if you want to talk send me a pm some time, we have some common ground between us.

steph, really i am shock about your mom. It must be hard....*deep breath* well, I am big sorry about that. you are in my prayer.
not look under, be strong shoulder and look forward yourself.

my brother killed himself by gunshot to the head on september 20th 1996. a leap year. I attempted suicide both in 2000 and 2004 both leap years but I made it and am a lot better now. my mom had cancer and didnt want all of us to watch her die slowly and painfully and she didnt want to die that way either. she killed herself on the 20th of march 2008, a leap year and the 20th of the month but different months. she was at her home in her bed with us on the property with her. she died like she wanted to with us with her and in her home in her bed. I have peace in my heart that this was ok. as I have been telling everyone at the funeral home, it was the lesser of two evils. one, she would die in a hospital bed drugged out fo her gourd with pain meds in a hosptial bed in some strange place and strangers around as well as us loved ones or two, she would die at home in her bed and us close to her. she picked two and I am okay with that. we talked about a lot of things and that was one of them but I didnt think and had no idea she would actually do this. I am okay for now, I don't think I have really let it sink in yet, as my husband tony says, he thinks it's the calm before the storm. I will start coming back into chats and stuff slowly but it will take some time to be happy again. thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

DOH::: I am so sorry about your wife, do you have any idea why she did it? if you want to talk send me a pm some time, we have some common ground between us.

steph,

I am absolutely horrified and saddened about these two tragedies in your family and will place you and family on my prayer list.

Please, steph, seek out help and do whatever it takes . . . but, as I have said repeatedly, suicide is NEVER an option. Life is not so bad that one has to kill oneself for it, as it leaves way too many questions unanswered by the family. I've sought out help and thought a good many times of ending it, but never did. I never would, either, because my faith in my Saviour is way too strong for that and His word says that I will never be tested above more than I can take. Believe me, going through a bankruptcy and other things is enough to take the sails out, but there is always help.

DOH, I am speechless on this one, buddy. Whatever you do, do NOT beat yourself over the head and blame yourself for her doing it. I'm putting you on my prayer list too, my friend.

I usually put an icon near my post, no matter where it is, to give others a general idea how I'm feeling when responding. I cannot do it for this one, as I feel that I have just been given a one-two punch right in the gut and I am utterly wordless and don't know what to say.

I highly recommend this thread remains a sticky for as long as possible, if it hasn't already been done. Plus, we need to keep these two people here and chatting with us so that they know that we care. Even though we're all in different stages of deafness, one thing that we all have in common is grief. Grief is never an emotion to be done alone.

Steph and DOH . . . I trust someone is with you at nearly all times as much as possible, as I don't trust either of you being alone. This is way too great for you both to be alone.

Sorry

I am so sorry for your loss . I will keep you in my thoughts and your family also

I am so sorry. I hope she is in a better place, wherever that place may be.

steph,

I am absolutely horrified and saddened about these two tragedies in your family and will place you and family on my prayer list.

Please, steph, seek out help and do whatever it takes . . . but, as I have said repeatedly, suicide is NEVER an option. Life is not so bad that one has to kill oneself for it, as it leaves way too many questions unanswered by the family. I've sought out help and thought a good many times of ending it, but never did. I never would, either, because my faith in my Saviour is way too strong for that and His word says that I will never be tested above more than I can take. Believe me, going through a bankruptcy and other things is enough to take the sails out, but there is always help.

DOH, I am speechless on this one, buddy. Whatever you do, do NOT beat yourself over the head and blame yourself for her doing it. I'm putting you on my prayer list too, my friend.

I usually put an icon near my post, no matter where it is, to give others a general idea how I'm feeling when responding. I cannot do it for this one, as I feel that I have just been given a one-two punch right in the gut and I am utterly wordless and don't know what to say.

I highly recommend this thread remains a sticky for as long as possible, if it hasn't already been done. Plus, we need to keep these two people here and chatting with us so that they know that we care. Even though we're all in different stages of deafness, one thing that we all have in common is grief. Grief is never an emotion to be done alone.

Steph and DOH . . . I trust someone is with you at nearly all times as much as possible, as I don't trust either of you being alone. This is way too great for you both to be alone.

:gpost: I am right behind you on that and you have said better than I can to express our feelings about the deaths in the family. It is very :sad: to have to commit suicide to stop the pain or hardship that they can not cope with. It is wrong to do that, but they are not thinking clearly and not have any common sense on doing that. :hug:

Mom was diagnosed with cancer about 6-8 weeks ago and went downhill fast. She couldn’t take the physical or emotional pain anymore and didn’t like us seeing it or going through it so she took her own life Thursday March 20th. Visitation was at Hanceville funeral home on Friday from 5 to 9 pm and the funeral was at 3:30 Saturday afternoon. It happened so fast I didn’t have time to tell everyone who needed to know and a lot of family and friends couldn’t get here in time, but I did the best I could for mom and everyone who cared for her. My dad’s sister and neice tried to take over everything but I wouldn’t let them, mom didn’t like either one of them. I did as much as I could to do things the way she wanted them done but some people went against me on some things and I am just going to have to accept that. She wanted a closed casket and so did me and dad but some ignorant and totally disrespectful people opened it anyway. The guy that stood up and talked in the chapel told a story about him and dad and didn’t even really mention mom and it was her funeral. I had to physically remove my aunt from my dads side both in the chapel at the funeral and at the grave side services just so I could set beside him and be with him. dads family aslo basically shoved my moms family over to the side and that pissed me off too. this wasn’t about dad it was about mom and his family took over. I can never forgive them or forget about it. I went to every family member of moms and hugged them and talked to each of them seperately and made sure that they all knew that I saw them and that I knew they were there and that they did matter and apologized for dads family being so pushy and uncaring for mom when it was her time. when the paw-bearers were selected they chose four of dads family and 2 of moms and I think it should have been the other way around or equal 3 and three but I coudln’t fix it in time. I just hope my mom knows I tried and that it wasn’t really dads fault really, his family, well some not all were all pushy and all about them. one person who I’m not going to name, molested me when I was a kid, he came to moms funeral, said he had to see her and I told him no and he did it anyway, he also touched my knees when he was in front of me talking to me while he was squatting in front of me and I was sitting by moms casket with one hand on my husband and one on the casket crying. I hope he has nightmares of mom reaching up and grabbing him and taking him down to the grave with her for him to slowly die cause he was buried alive and when he does die I hope he burns in hell for what he did. I won’t say what side of the family he is on I won’t say how he was kin, just know he was a family member. I miss mom dearly and understand why she did it and I am ok with her passing. She was in her bed, in her home, dad was out mowing the yard and I was on the way there with my clean clothes ready to stay another week with her. dad came in from mowing the yard to ask if it was ok for him to go get some more gas at the gas station and found her. she took his 357 and shot herself. I wish dad didnt have the memory of that but it happened. I did the best I could and that is going to have to be enough. I don’t care what anyone else thinks, I am in the good with who matters, the rest can just kiss my ass and go away. I love you mom and I miss you so much, I have picked up the phone so many times to call you and tell you things or to ask you something I have lost count already. Dad is doing good, he went to Indiana to get away for a few days but Tony and me are taking care of him and we will be fine. I am doing better than anybody has expected but they don’t know me too well anymore, I have a purpose and that purpose is to take care of my family that is left which is my dad my husband the furry children and moms family and friends and some of dads family. I know you can see me and what I’m doing and have done and I know you would be proud of me for stepping up. I just miss you.

Back