my lady broke up with me..

DoVip

The Master Poker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know you are asking me why....because she said...:

"I think we need a break for a while, I'm feeling very overwhelmed about our communication problem. After I learn asl, we should see eachother again. I'm sorry, I just feel like our relationship is based off a fog of understanding. I want to get to know you more once we can communicate via asl. I'm so sorry, please forgive me. You don't have to wait for me but if you did, that would be sweet. I still care for you but I would like to wait"

What do you think?

let honest. she is not right woman for you. she break up you bec she not interest make effort communication ASL. she not into you much. why need break for learn ASL? sound like lie, she can still with you when learn ASL. she not want be with you, sorry. she lie you bec not want hurt your feel. you need move on find better woman. that is sound not right woman for you. you need woman who is not give up make effort communication.

let honest. she is not right woman for you. she break up you bec she not interest make effort communication ASL. she not into you much. why need break for learn ASL? sound like lie, she can still with you when learn ASL. she not want be with you, sorry. she lie you bec not want hurt your feel. you need move on find better woman. that is sound not right woman for you. you need woman who is not give up make effort communication.

Well, her make decision. But She did take asl class for college this spring...so she is going...

What she said is exactly what I was thinking. If I was dating a hearing girl- and if she really liked me, she would be MAKING the effort to learn ASLto communicate and be EXCITED practicing it with you. If she states she needs a break to learn- obviously its taking a toll on her and she is trying to let you down the best she can.

If I were in your shoes- I'd lick your wounds and RUN! Better off now before making a huge investment in a relationship that was going nowhere. Sorry dude....

Did you know that at least 80% of hearing/Deaf marriage falls apart within 5 years. Deaf marry to Deaf last longer than that.

If I were you, I'd forget her and run like Radioman said.

Sorry you're having to go thru this on New Years...It's a fact that communication and trust is what makes a relationship & marriage "solid".

She's told you she needs a break....respect that. Hard to do, I'm sure. But if you pressure her, it will only make things worse.

Let her go. If she comes back to you, then she's yours....if she doesn't, then she never really was.....

:grouphug:

Did you know that at least 80% of hearing/Deaf marriage falls apart within 5 years. Deaf marry to Deaf last longer than that.

If I were you, I'd forget her and run like Radioman said.

i did not mean to butt in, where did you get the information about 80 percents from?

just wonder. my five friends they have been married to hearing spouses for more than 10 years. Even, lots of friends of mine and me who are with HOH or oral deaf people who just learned form of signs with their "strong backgroun of raising in a hearing environment" more than more 10 yrs.

how can i see 80 percents of them fall apart in my witnesses? :hmm:

Research and studied at NTID in Deaf culture class.

It is fact, what you heard is that of 20%.

At first I didn't believe this until I research and found out its around 88% to be exact. For hearing to hearing 50% of them get divorce after 5 years.

i did not mean to butt in, where did you get the information about 80 percents from?

just wonder. my five friends they have been married to hearing spouses for more than 10 years. Even, lots of friends of mine and me who are with HOH or oral deaf people who just learned form of signs with their "strong backgroun of raising in a hearing environment" more than more 10 yrs.

how can i see 80 percents of them fall apart in my witnesses? :hmm:

Research and studied at NTID in Deaf culture class.

It is fact, what you heard is that of 20%.

At first I didn't believe this until I research and found out its around 88% to be exact. For hearing to hearing 50% of them get divorce after 5 years.

no i didnt know about it. what year is the research taken?

to be honest, i do not agree with the percents. it is hard to picture that i have friends who are married to hearing spouses are pretty a lot. i know deaf to deaf couple tend to get divorced a lot then some of them ended up married hearing spouses. maybe the research may be a bit old? :dunno:

well that DOvip decision he want date hearing or deaf. but deaf is easier bec same communication level. hearng need learn be patient communications learn ASL with deaf bf or gf.

anyway let back to point. you not need date her again, dovip. it sound like she not want be with you anymore and she is waste your time if you wait for her. DONT WAITS FOR HER. get better girl.

I know it is hard to picture. I have seen enough to believe. I didn't believe that until I got in Deaf culture course at NTID. I dropped my mouth after learn the hard fact.

Mainly it has to do with Deaf culture and hearing culture, there are several that conflicts each other. Secondary is communication issues.

I would suggest you research because I have done my part and Im not going to work for else for free.

no i didnt know about it. what year is the research taken?

to be honest, i do not agree with the percents. it is hard to picture that i have friends who are married to hearing spouses are pretty a lot. i know deaf to deaf couple tend to get divorced a lot then some of them ended up married hearing spouses. maybe the research may be a bit old? :dunno:

I know it is hard to picture. I have seen enough to believe. I didn't believe that until I got in Deaf culture course at NTID. I dropped my mouth after learn the hard fact.

Mainly it has to do with Deaf culture and hearing culture, there are several that conflicts each other. Secondary is communication issues.

I would suggest you research because I have done my part and Im not going to work for else for free.

your last statement is just self fish.

Perhaps the research was done by .... wait for it... hearing people?????

The way I see it...Communication between the deaf and hearing is a 2-way street....meaning that it's hard for both of them....deafies learning how to speak and hearies learning how to sign....It's possible that the lady was overwhelmed with having to learn so much ASL, and being able to communicate....and dunno if the OP knows how to speak, if any, at all....

At least the lady was trying to learn ASL...was the OP trying to "speak" some?.....Works both ways, in my opinion. But in the long run, communication is what makes everything work. That's what makes a relationship between a deafie and a hearie work.

But at least give the girlfriend some credit for "trying"....a lot of hearies simply give up!...Same as for deafies, they give up, not being able to express themselves vocally....it becomes frustrating, and arguements result when there is misunderstandings.

Oh really?

Tell me why I only met 2 hearing/deaf couple that is still married after 5 years while majority of people I met already divorced within 5 years?

The problem is that it is not as obviously as it seems to be.

your last statement is just self fish.

Perhaps the research was done by .... wait for it... hearing people?????

Good posting

The way I see it...Communication between the deaf and hearing is a 2-way street....meaning that it's hard for both of them....deafies learning how to speak and hearies learning how to sign....It's possible that the lady was overwhelmed with having to learn so much ASL, and being able to communicate....and dunno if the OP knows how to speak, if any, at all....

At least the lady was trying to learn ASL...was the OP trying to "speak" some?.....Works both ways, in my opinion. But in the long run, communication is what makes everything work. That's what makes a relationship between a deafie and a hearie work.

But at least give the girlfriend some credit for "trying"....a lot of hearies simply give up!...Same as for deafies, they give up, not being able to express themselves vocally....it becomes frustrating, and arguements result when there is misunderstandings.

Back