My half sister don't know how read.

lilylover72

I love purple!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really love my half sister so much. I am so angry with her mother because my half sister don't know how read well. She is 18 years old already.

I didn't approve her mother that she didn't want my half sister to go school. I asked her why she didnt let her go school. Her mom said because school was bad. She was suppose do home teaching with my half sister. I realized that she didnt do very well with her. I had talk with my dad about that. My dad said he don't have power to get her to send her to live with me. I told him that I want to take her out and send her to good school but my dad said Goverment don't allow me to take her out. Honest with you, Wyoming goverment are all SUCK! anyway, I feel very sorry for my half sister.

I saw her at my Archuleta family reunion. I came to her and gave her my quilt blanket that I made. I wrote a note and show her. I wrote " I made this quilt for you. I hope that you like this." Her head was shaking like No. She had to ask her mother to read for her. I was :shock: to watch them. I didnt want approve this. I dont respect her mother at all. I asked her mother about what my half sister do for living? Job? Her mother said no jobs, she take me to work and home daily. I asked her why my half sister have take you to work and home daily?. she said because she cannot drive because of dizzy. Oh my gosh, I look at my sister that she have no life!!!!!!!! I am very upset about that.

That is pretty upsetting. I thought if home schooled the state always tests the children to make sure they are learning. Not in Wyoming?

:eek3:

That is too bad. Yes, the home schooled have to be tested, I believe it's federal thing. If they didn't then all the dropout's would be homeschooled and get their diploma! :lol:

omg how sad is that
it seems like her mother wanted your sister to look stupid no offense but look how her mom does not teach her anything you know i hope you can get her away and teach her

never get old for anything to learn :)

That's so sad, from what it seems the mother is no role model for her own daughter. Education is very important because it gives us better opportunities in life. She is gonna have a rough life with lack of reading skills I hope she does get the help she needs a tutor.

That is pretty upsetting. I thought if home schooled the state always tests the children to make sure they are learning. Not in Wyoming?

Yea, I agree..it is a Federal law that all home-schooled students get tested annually so I dont know how your sister-in-law fell thru the cracks of the system.

I really love my half sister so much. I am so angry with her mother because my half sister don't know how read well. She is 18 years old already.

I didn't approve her mother that she didn't want my half sister to go school. I asked her why she didnt let her go school. Her mom said because school was bad. She was suppose do home teaching with my half sister. I realized that she didnt do very well with her. I had talk with my dad about that. My dad said he don't have power to get her to send her to live with me. I told him that I want to take her out and send her to good school but my dad said Goverment don't allow me to take her out. Honest with you, Wyoming goverment are all SUCK! anyway, I feel very sorry for my half sister.

I saw her at my Archuleta family reunion. I came to her and gave her my quilt blanket that I made. I wrote a note and show her. I wrote " I made this quilt for you. I hope that you like this." Her head was shaking like No. She had to ask her mother to read for her. I was :shock: to watch them. I didnt want approve this. I dont respect her mother at all. I asked her mother about what my half sister do for living? Job? Her mother said no jobs, she take me to work and home daily. I asked her why my half sister have take you to work and home daily?. she said because she cannot drive because of dizzy. Oh my gosh, I look at my sister that she have no life!!!!!!!! I am very upset about that.

Very sorry to heard about that.. Just one question? Do your half sister have Driver Licenses? If so then how she passed the test (read on the sheet).

That's worse if she drive the car without license.

Very sorry to heard about that.. Just one question? Do your half sister have Driver Licenses? If so then how she passed the test (read on the sheet).

That's worse if she drive the car without license.

Good Question! I have no idea how she get driver licence that she drive her mom to work and home daily. I told you that Wyoming are so SUCK! I told Social worker of Wyoming to check my uncle that he was abusing my cousins but Guess what ? they didnt do anything. Wyoming are not good to live.

Yea, I agree..it is a Federal law that all home-schooled students get tested annually so I dont know how your sister-in-law fell thru the cracks of the system.

It is not my sister in law. It is my half sister.

I was wondering why cannot Wyo goverment come check my half sister's mother that she suppose teach. Her mother work at gas station daily like full time ( how she have time to teach my half sister?) Why cannot Wyoming goverment do something to them? I was so mad at Wyoming and her mother!!!!!! My aunt told me that she and my cousin came visit my half sister and her mother. My aunt said my half sister's mom didnt teach anything at all and my half sister was playing outside and watch tv that she do. I was so :shock:. I told her that why cannot she report to Wyoming goverment. She said she tried but They cannot do anything. wow wow

I had a friend who teach her 6 kids at home. I asked her lot of question about home school. She said Colorado goverment reguire her to send test and reguire what she need teach. She said Colorado Goverment are very stirct about home school. I told her about Wyoming didnt do very well. Even They didn't help deaf people well about discrimmion, etc.

Oh Jeez!!! Well that s bad happen.. Hope she will learning read later? :hug:

I am sorry to say ... I LOVE WYOMING :whistle: & Good skiing in Jack hole, Wy :D

I hope that my half sister will realize that she need help with reading and education. She will realize that jobs will not want her unless very lousy job will hire her and pay so small. I know that she is not retarted or not have LD. I asked my husband and my aunt about her speaking. They said she speak so well. We don't understand why cannot she read. I hope that she make choice to go to get educations to learn.

Oh Jeez!!! Well that s bad happen.. Hope she will learning read later? :hug:

I am sorry to say ... I LOVE WYOMING :whistle: & Good skiing in Jack hole, Wy :D

Hey Phillips, Don't worry. I don't take personal. I know Wyoming have nice place to do fun like outdoor. Living there are not good. We still visit my family in wyoming but we will never live there.

If she is 18, then she is old enough to leave home and move in with you. Her mother can't force her to stay if she's 18 years old.

Lilylover, Even though she's well over 18 years old, Is there a way you could file for a concern of her welfare in Wyoming since she is unable to read?

What I mean is, Since you mentioned she couldn't read and she might not be aware that she is able to move out. There is a chance you could explain to your half-sister that she is free to move out. If not, You could try and see what are the laws like in Wyoming that allows you to get her out of there based on her mentality.

Lilylover, Even though she's well over 18 years old, Is there a way you could file for a concern of her welfare in Wyoming since she is unable to read?

What I mean is, Since you mentioned she couldn't read and she might not be aware that she is able to move out. There is a chance you could explain to your half-sister that she is free to move out. If not, You could try and see what are the laws like in Wyoming that allows you to get her out of there based on her mentality.

I wish that I can talk to her but she will make her mom read what i write and tell her. I rather talk to her private. I am stuck that I cannot talk to her.

My dad and my half sister's mother don't marry at all and don't live together. Her mom make her take her to work and pick her up from work daily. I don't like it but I cannot do anything.

I will try talk to my dad about this sitution because He want us be smart and have a good life. I know that he don't approve what my half sister's mom doing with her.

My dad told me that he got huge fight with her mother over her son and their daugther that they didn't get enough education. Her son is not my dad's. My half sister and I are my dad's girls!

Since she is over 18, and is virtually being held a prisoner in her mother's home, I would suggest that you contact the local agency that deals with doemstic abuse cases. This is most definately a case of abuse that has been going on since whe was a child.

Does your half sister have any form of disability? Sounds as if the mother may have filed for SSI and doesn't want to give up the checks. Keeping her daughter illiterate means that she doesn't know what is going on and the mother can continue to exploit her.

Since she is over 18, and is virtually being held a prisoner in her mother's home, I would suggest that you contact the local agency that deals with doemstic abuse cases. This is most definately a case of abuse that has been going on since whe was a child.

Does your half sister have any form of disability? Sounds as if the mother may have filed for SSI and doesn't want to give up the checks. Keeping her daughter illiterate means that she doesn't know what is going on and the mother can continue to exploit her.

Well, I don't know if they did. I don't live there. My dad is one person that he abuse. My half sister and her mom don't live with him. I don't see what her mom and my half sister doing for living. I only came to Rawlins, Wyoming for few times. I don't think my half sister is disability.

I admit that my half sister's mom is unfit mother. I had to stay with my dad for Summer when I was teenager. Her mom and her mom's son always came over my dad's house to hang out. Many time they slept over my dad's house. I always see her being drunk. I had to take care of my half sister's mother's son Example, He didn't wash his mouth after eating, playing etc. I had to wash his mouth even his nose. He never blow his nose. Eww I told His mom that she need clean or tell him to blow his nose. She didnt take serious. I had to tell him to do it. He drank with food in his mouth, foods went into his drink. eww I told his mom about it. she said nothing. I had to take his drink and drain and get new drink. I told him to not drink with food. He begged for it and I said no you need finish with your mouth. My dad support my side.
Her son didn't take shower for many days, He wore same clothes in one week. Eww I cannot control over him everything becausse i was only teenage and I am not his mother or brother.

That why I always label her mother is unfit!!!!!!!

Back