my first drive 2day

MVP262

Reaction score
im 17. and i took my first practise drive in my dad's car. i cant have driving lessons yet, cz i dont have my learners license. but im getting it soon.
My dad took my to this big car park, to practise.
Cz i havent got my hearing aids, yet i couldnt hear him giving the instructions properly and clearly enough, and couldnt realy understand wot he ways saying to me. im gettin my first pair of hearing aids in 3 weeks, thats if i go or not. cz im realy scared and nervous, about gettin them and the whole situation.
Back to how my driving went. well i stalled a couple of times. but just was practising goin forward small amounts at the moment. and i practised for 10 mins, then we went home.

P.S. i do want the hearing aids cz it will help me to hear better and clearer and i would be able to understand wot people are sayin better, but at the same time i dont want them cz i dont like stuff in my ears, i dont think im ready for them yet. and im very self concious.

i just started driving too 6 months ago. about hearing aids. don't worry too much. you will be fine.

Many of my friends who dont wear aid hearing and no problem. No point to worry about. Just tell your father to use hands to point.

i just started driving too 6 months ago. about hearing aids. don't worry too much. you will be fine.

cool.
i cant help worrying. im not goin to be fine, i know it.
do u wear ur hearing aids when u r driving?

cool.
i cant help worrying. im not goin to be fine, i know it.
do u wear ur hearing aids when u r driving?

Are you, by law, in the UK required to wear your hearing aid (s) when driving?

no not really. It mostly about vision. watch cars and stuff. Let say about 100% unless you wanna listen to radio. :lol:

so, when i get mine. i dont have to wear them when im driving and having driving lessons?
do u wear one or 2?

so, when i get mine. i dont have to wear them when im driving and having driving lessons?
do u wear one or 2?

2. But i wore them so i hear my instructor so I can get my driver license. After that, you dont need to but if you want to that up to you

2. But i wore them so i hear my instructor so I can get my driver license. After that, you dont need to but if you want to that up to you

idk, tho.
cz im so scared and nervous about getting them.
and im doin this (gettin them, been thro the test) alone.
and its realy hard for me.
i dont want anyone knowing im HOH (even tho im proud of it).
i dont want anyone knowing i wear hearing aids (even tho im proud to be gettin them, but nervous and scared at the same time).
and i will probably be proud wearing them when im by myself.
any avice or reassurnce , on this.

idk, tho.
i dont want anyone knowing i wear hearing aids (even tho im proud to be gettin them, but nervous and scared at the same time).

I gotten my ha first time when i was 3 or 4 yrs old and I was so excited then, hearing everything. Sounds of nature.

idk, tho.

or request an interpreter sit next to you and while instructor say something to you. then you know

I'm not required to wear my HA to drive - and personally I don't think it HELPS me be a better driver.

Sometimes I wear it , sometimes I don't it depends more where I'm going to, or coming from, than it does about the actual driving part

I watch with my eyes, and even with my HA in, I'll see a siren LONNNNNGGG before I'd hear it - that's practice and being an aware driver. I'm certainly going to notice it long before the hearing guy next to me with the stereo on is going to hear it ...

Think about it - if hearing was critical for driving, no car would have a "from the factory" stereo in it.

Just to let you know, could you stop abbreviating, please. Most of us like to read the full words. Thanks! :)

Yes ! please - it's quite hard to read - especially for those of us who are dyslexic or are using JAWS etc readers (for people with low vision or are blind) to access the site. Thanks !

I gotten my ha first time when i was 3 or 4 yrs old and I was so excited then, hearing everything. Sounds of nature.

aww. cool.
were you happy to have them in every day, and as many hours in as you wanted?

but you can't look at the interpreter whilst you are driving though.

no but What i did was stop and look at instructor, they didn't take points away for that. it silimar like pull over and talk on phone.

Back