My daily struggles

jayydowns

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted

Ok.. I've always wondered if I being the only one whose deaf in a hearing relationship is an issue for the hearing person.

I'm an unique person. I'm twenty years old. I have an older brother who was born deaf and was cochlear implanted at 3 years old. When my mother found out he was deaf, she taught herself sign language and taught me and my sisters when I was six months old. I started to lose my hearing slowly when I was two years old. I started signing more than I was speaking. I didn't completely lose my hearing until I was six years old. That was when I got the cochlear and I'm very independent with it. I've always gone to an hearing school. I never really used interpreters... I never needed them. I was the "hot deaf girl" in high school.
I've always dated an hearing boy.

I've only had two serious boyfriends and they've both lasted no longer than three months. Every time I date someone. They always end up running away. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Is it because I'm deaf? Is it because my implant falls off everytime they kiss me with hands on my face? I'm just curious. I have a different speech too. I speak wonderful though. Many people don't know I'm deaf until I tell them. They come out with a surprise. I drink, I'm very outgoing, I'm told I'm very sweet and gorgeous. I have a perfect body and I know how to carry myself around people.

What is wrong with me? I've dated hot guys, always older, but they always turn out to be douche bags. Players.. But i still blame it on me. What am I doing wrong?

Most deaf guys live in big cities like NYC, Austin, SF, LA, Chicago, etc. Are you willing to relocate? :lol:

Seems like u date guys with hot bodies and they usually have egos.

Most deaf guys live in big cities like NYC, Austin, SF, LA, Chicago, etc. Are you willing to relocate? :lol:

As much as I would love to, I can't. This is my hometown and I have a lot of things that hold me back here.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Maybe you lack humility?

Also, why do you list drinking as an attribute?

Maybe you're dating people with shallow values.

I suspect it has nothing to do with your deafness.

Curious...is having a perfect body a good attribute to have? It is good to have for shallow and egoistical men.

most of them aren't as smart as I am..

I'm an unique person. ... I was the "hot deaf girl" in high school.
...I drink, I'm very outgoing, I'm told I'm very sweet and gorgeous. I have a perfect body and I know how to carry myself around people.

I don't know about you but I'm seeing a trend of superiority from you.

Maybe you lack humility?

Maybe is has to with her being too full of herself . She said bragging about begin the 'hot deaf girl' in high school and drinking . If she that hot guys would not being running the other way so fast.

Authentic has good suggestion, meet those deaf/Deaf guys who happen to be smart. I understand what you are saying, some deaf/Deaf/deaf oral people have a lower educational but NOT ALL OF THEM. Out there in the world, and on this forum, most or some of them (deaf, Deaf, deal oral guys are smart.) I suggest you to focus on yourself, to explore what you are looking for, not necessary to be with a guy that boost your self esteem. I have not find anything in your post that you arent working or in college?

tell us more about what are you do for a living?

Maybe you lack humility?

me? nah, i dont know. :giggle:

i dont know.. i like to drink, of course in a moderation. ;)

no no not me not me not me. umm oh yes i am taken already. :cool2:

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN you are absoleutely right only if you know a person who have no patient, then this person is not the right lover for you. Nothing else. I have many friends who are ASL users who have hearing spouses who learned ASL from them that shows they are in love.

Hey, dont mind me if i replied to your questions. i m in mood for answering your questions.. hahah :fruit:

Authentic has good suggestion, meet those deaf/Deaf guys who happen to be smart. I understand what you are saying, some deaf/Deaf/deaf oral people have a lower educational but NOT ALL OF THEM. Out there in the world, and on this forum, most or some of them (deaf, Deaf, deal oral guys are smart.) I suggest you to focus on yourself, to explore what you are looking for, not necessary to be with a guy that boost your self esteem. I have not find anything in your post that you arent working or in college?

tell us more about what are you do for a living?

I don't mean to come off as cocky or too outspoken in my forum... Maybe I just have bad luck in choosing guys.

I took a year off in college but plan on going back in the spring. I meet new people almost everyday. I know a lot of people in my town.

I'm a server at a pizzeria. I serve customers beer and I run their pizzas and salads. I work full time. I drive an awesome car that I'm working hard to pay off. I've been on my own since I was 17 years old.

I worked two jobs in high school. I've always been independent.

I earn and save my own money. I live in a four bedroom house with three roommates and my awesome cat.

I just struggle with insecurities everyday. I feel like I'm alone in the hearing world. No one can every truly understand how I feel. I feel as of people change when they discover I'm deaf. They're not who they say who they really are.

I don't bring my insecurities up much often. I walk with confidence but under, I have a million thoughts rushing through my head like "he won't like me because I'm deaf. "
"She probably thinks I'm dumb because I'm deaf. "
"They won't hang out with me because I'm different"

Wirelessly posted

I would but there aren't many in my area and most of them aren't as smart as I am.. They have a lower educational and speaking level then I do in my area.

And I don't mean all of them are, so far I have not met any that would be a good match. Most of them are married, too old, I'm not classifying anyone.

Wirelessly posted

I would but there aren't many in my area and most of them aren't as smart as I am.. They have a lower educational and speaking level then I do in my area.

You have some funny ideas of what makes you smarter than someone else.

Chances are you could run rings around me with your "speaking level" , but to compete on actual intelligence, I wouldn't say much for your chances.

You have some funny ideas of what makes you smarter than someone else.

Chances are you could run rings around me with your "speaking level" , but to compete on actual intelligence, I wouldn't say much for your chances.

I 2nd that...:giggle:...

I just struggle with insecurities everyday. I feel like I'm alone in the hearing world. No one can every truly understand how I feel. I feel as of people change when they discover I'm deaf. They're not who they say who they really are.

I don't bring my insecurities up much often. I walk with confidence but under, I have a million thoughts rushing through my head like "he won't like me because I'm deaf. "
"She probably thinks I'm dumb because I'm deaf. "
"They won't hang out with me because I'm different"

*ding ding ding* We have a WINNER! They can pick up on your insecuritites and that most likely turns them off....I know this sounds cliche but you first need to come to terms with yourself and LIKE YOURSELF FIRST as a deaf person, rather then faking the confidence....

Back