My Color Sidekick

prostock19

Reaction score
IS AWESOME

Even though I have only had it for only a few days, it is totally worth it. It does so much more than I thought it would do. :thumb: :ily: SIDEKICK!

That's good to hear! I still ain't gonna get one myself. Blah!

me neither, gonna switch to a camera cell phone hehehe of course in color!!! with pvco!!!

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
me neither, gonna switch to a camera cell phone hehehe of course in color!!! with pvco!!!
Sick of typing on a cell phone. Damn, on this, I automatically get both my @tmail.com and @uri.edu email. If I had other POP accounts, I could add them. I keep my schedule of when I am working and stuff on it. I have a reminder list. I am even going to start putting my shopping lists on it. The keyboard makes life so much easier. I type out messages in only a fraction of the time. The color screen is so bright, it lights up sheild's face when she uses it in the dark. I have no problem using it in pitch black conditions. And when I am bored, the games on there is cute. IDK, to me, it is WELL worth it!!

258~ I still won't buy one... not at this time. I'll take it into my consideration when the time comes. Thanks. :thumb:

Glad that you love it!

Originally posted by illustrator
Matty, can you test on sidekick with ip-relay.com or www.relay.att.com to see if it work?

By the way, if you have Yahoo mail, go to http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail which design for mobile. Plus save bytes, too.
Neither service works due to Javascript. I believe you can get a service from wynd for unlimited TTY and TTYRelply messages for $9.95/mo additional on the sidekick. I saw this on UnitedTTY.com (http://www.unitedtty.com/cgi-local/shop.pl/SID=1055997875.29364/page=product.html/product=196). Just think about it. Wyndtell is $40 a month and if you get the internet, it is $60/month. If you do the data only with wynd package, you pay $40...and you have a phone for emergency use if a hearie needs to use it.

I'm just wondering if you notice an improvement in connection/range with the color models. I currently have a b&w sidekick and I'm contemplating upgrading to the color csk but I'm not willing to put more money into a device that has only adequate range. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

The range is pretty much the same. The only big difference is that it's color instead of black & white.

i wonder do SIDEKICK have RELAY OR SOMETHING SO I CAN CONTACT MY DAD AS EMEGERNCY AND BLAH .... LET ME KNOW, THANKS! :-D

daprilz said:
i wonder do SIDEKICK have RELAY OR SOMETHING SO I CAN CONTACT MY DAD AS EMEGERNCY AND BLAH .... LET ME KNOW, THANKS! :-D

yes, i think they do through Wyndtell service.. which u have to pay extra money per month for this service "text to voice", "text to text", "voice to text"

Dang...now you're making me GREEN with envy........GRRR!!! I wanna the sidekick to be bloody available here in Australia! :cry: Oh well...FYI, I alreaday emailed Tmobile about having them available in Australia -- still are working on it.! :madfawk:

VamPyroX said:
The range is pretty much the same. The only big difference is that it's color instead of black & white.
No it is not true. On color sidekick, you can open MS Words document, PDF and others document format while B&W sidekick you can't. Also, AOL program is included. As for B&W, you still can access AOL via website. There are some extra features that I don't remember because I don't own either B&W or color Sidekick. I just read some info on the web several months ago.

prostock19 said:
Sick of typing on a cell phone. Damn, on this, I automatically get both my @tmail.com and @uri.edu email. If I had other POP accounts, I could add them. I keep my schedule of when I am working and stuff on it. I have a reminder list. I am even going to start putting my shopping lists on it. The keyboard makes life so much easier. I type out messages in only a fraction of the time. The color screen is so bright, it lights up sheild's face when she uses it in the dark. I have no problem using it in pitch black conditions. And when I am bored, the games on there is cute. IDK, to me, it is WELL worth it!!

hush, I like it :)

VamPyroX said:

Thanks for the 411 Vampyrox. Guess I'll just have to make do with my antiquated b&w until something better comes along.

Hi :)

I new here. Hope I do it right. Hey don't get wyndtel for sidekick tty. Cost too much $120 a year, $10 a month i think. It is email anyway, not real phone call! Relay from sidekick is free at www.iptty.com. Just relay is free. If u need call tty from sidekick it is $54 a year at www.ttycall.com. Same company LormarLogic. Relay bad in Arizonia tho, b/c they do battle with MCI, but work in all otjher states. I read it on hiptop.com. smile

Back