Muslim Woman Must Drop Veil for License

Sydlie

New Member
I'm all for her keeping her veil on, but then she can't drive. Period. My friend had to have her picture taken over in Florida because she had her sun glasses on her head, if she'd have refused she wouldn't have been allowed to drive. I'm all for religious freedom, but Muslim women are supposed to be submissive and subordinate, not independant, and if this woman is as devout as she claims to be she wouldn't need the independance that driving allows. I'm sure that either Allah will allow her to make this one exception or she'll learn to deal with public transportation.
 

Liza

New Member
True, Syd, true! :D That does speak volumes for adhering to rules... if you can't do that, then don't play the game with these rules. Pretty much like a message board where you have its rules to adhere with. If you can't adhere with the rules, I'm sure there is somewhere else that has rules that you do agree with. Nothing wrong with that, I believe. Thanks for sharing your take!
 

DirtyOldMan

New Member
I'll walk closer... *Pull their veil down to take pic!* :lol: Hey, I'm just kidding... I think that it's their choice to cover and not show themselves in pics. I think it was some of their religious culture and ways of life. If they expose their face... it will rob them of their pride and belief in religion?

Just like when I first got my license... I was forced to show my smile. I did smile but "Indian smile" :-| Heh, I just smiled when they really put their effort to make me smile. That was long time ago.
 

Kalista

New Member
Premium Member
Dirty Old Man

Is your driver license picture of you ? Cops must be wavier your speed tickets because you scared them away. :ugh:
 

Attachments

Sydlie

New Member
When i came back to Ohio I had to completely take my driving test over again. Even though my original lisence was from Ohio, I'd been gone 2 years and was under the age of 24 so I had to start from scratch. I don't know if any of you have ever seen the movie "Lisence to Drive" with Corey Haim (it's from the 80's) but he gets his lisence picture taken with this HUGE open-mouth smile and his tongue hanging out. I REALLY wanted to do that, but they wouldn't let me.. :( But I didn't sue the state! No, I took my crappy picture in which I look like trailor trash and I paid for it and left... like a normal person.
 

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Jeez... she should stop whining and get that damn picture taken! There's nothing wrong with unveiling for a few seconds! The law is the law... for security reasons and her own safety! I guess she would rather stay veiled and put herself at risk because of her own religion.
 

javapride

New Member
the laws the law we have to accept this and live with the justification of why they want a full FACE pic, for our secuirty! this has no reasons why reglious is a belif if she doesn t want her full face shown then don t get a licence take a bus! theres plenty of that to go around.
 
E

eternity

Guest
Those women's towel face and head should be removed.. I do not think it's fair to others. The fact is their religious is most ridiculous... but it's their choice. Also they still have to SHOW their face as idenify their face when police officer pulls them over and show their identify and check if idenification card (picture) matches their face...

Dom... may i have your driverlicense? :naughty:
 

Steel X

Well-Known Member
Originally posted by Sabrina
Dirty Old Man

Is your driver license picture of you ? Cops must be wavier your speed tickets because you scared them away. :ugh:
Heh good one :rofl:
 

Steel X

Well-Known Member
Originally posted by Liza
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20030606/od_nm/life_veil_dc

There is an article on a woman refusing to drop her veil to have her pic taken for the driver license because she chose to exercise her religious freedom. What do you think? Seems sticky. btw, the American Civil Liberities Union supports her on the basis of religious freedom. Syd, this may be up your avenue too :D
Yes. Respect others as you like to be treated. If you don't like what they are, then why do you even tell them what to do when they won't do it? You are wasting your time, right? (not you...only when someone was telling someone to do something that isn't respectful to do)
 

SilenceGold

Active Member
She should show her face. Even if the pic is allowed with the veil is on..a typical woman could just pretend that she is wanting to keep her veil on during a license photo shoot. She could even give that license to a different woman so when that's where this comes in play of how important it is to have a complete facial photo shoot.
 

illustrator

New Member
Originally posted by VamPyroX
Jeez... she should stop whining and get that damn picture taken! There's nothing wrong with unveiling for a few seconds! The law is the law... for security reasons and her own safety! I guess she would rather stay veiled and put herself at risk because of her own religion.
:werd:

It's important to know what do you look like. So cops will buy it. If not, they would arrest for fraud.
 

SmellyFeet

New Member
Originally posted by eternity
Those women's towel face and head should be removed.. I do not think it's fair to others. The fact is their religious is most ridiculous... but it's their choice.
Got this poem for you.... It's not mine.. But I hope you will understand why some Muslim women wear veil...


What do you see when you look at me?
Do you see someone limited, or someone free?
All some people can do is just look and stare
Simply because they can't see my hair.
Others think I am controlled and un-educated
They think that I am limited and un-liberated
They are so thankful that they are not me
Because they would like to remain 'free'.
Well free isn't exactly the word I would've used
Describing women who are cheated on and abused
They think that I do not have opinions or voice
They think that being hooded isn't my choice.
They think that the hood makes me look caged
That my husband or dad are totally outraged
All they can do is look at me in fear
And in my eye there is a tear.
Not because I have been stared at or made fun of
But because people are ignoring the one up above
On the day of judgment they will be the fools
Because they were too ashamed to play by their own rules.
Maybe the guys won't think I am a cutie
But at least I am filled with more inner beauty
See I have declined from being a guy's toy
Because I won't let myself be controlled by a boy.
Real men are able to appreciate my mind
And aren't busy looking at my behind
Hooded girls are the ones really helping the Muslim cause
The role that we play definitely deserves applause.
I will be recognized because I am smart and bright
And because some people are inspired by my sight
The smart ones are attracted by my tranquility
In the back of their mind they wish they were me.
We have the strength to do what we think is right
Even if it means putting up a life long fight
You see we are not controlled by a mini skirt and tight shirt
We are given only respect, and never treated like dirt
So you see, we are the ones that are free and liberated
We are not the ones that are sexually terrorized and violated
We are the ones that are free and pure
We're free of STD's that have no cure
So when people ask you how you feel about the hood
Just sum it up by saying 'baby its all good.'
 
Smelly Feet that is a lovely poem.....Lets hope lady Duke reads it!!!!!!
Originally posted by SmellyFeet
Got this poem for you.... It's not mine.. But I hope you will understand why some Muslim women wear veil...


What do you see when you look at me?
Do you see someone limited, or someone free?
All some people can do is just look and stare
Simply because they can't see my hair.
Others think I am controlled and un-educated
They think that I am limited and un-liberated
They are so thankful that they are not me
Because they would like to remain 'free'.
Well free isn't exactly the word I would've used
Describing women who are cheated on and abused
They think that I do not have opinions or voice
They think that being hooded isn't my choice.
They think that the hood makes me look caged
That my husband or dad are totally outraged
All they can do is look at me in fear
And in my eye there is a tear.
Not because I have been stared at or made fun of
But because people are ignoring the one up above
On the day of judgment they will be the fools
Because they were too ashamed to play by their own rules.
Maybe the guys won't think I am a cutie
But at least I am filled with more inner beauty
See I have declined from being a guy's toy
Because I won't let myself be controlled by a boy.
Real men are able to appreciate my mind
And aren't busy looking at my behind
Hooded girls are the ones really helping the Muslim cause
The role that we play definitely deserves applause.
I will be recognized because I am smart and bright
And because some people are inspired by my sight
The smart ones are attracted by my tranquility
In the back of their mind they wish they were me.
We have the strength to do what we think is right
Even if it means putting up a life long fight
You see we are not controlled by a mini skirt and tight shirt
We are given only respect, and never treated like dirt
So you see, we are the ones that are free and liberated
We are not the ones that are sexually terrorized and violated
We are the ones that are free and pure
We're free of STD's that have no cure
So when people ask you how you feel about the hood
Just sum it up by saying 'baby its all good.'
:cool::cool:
 

shao

New Member
i heard this good quote from someone from another forum:

"If your religion required you to wear gloves do you think they will take fingerprints with them on? Of course not, in order to get your license you need to uncover your face. Its not mandatory to get a license so religion doesn't play any role or anything."
 

Strawberry

New Member
Religion is religion peroid. Religion isn't law. I thought that we were not supposed to tolerate with Religion among the law itself?

And no I'm not muslim... I'm speaking out for any other religion itself.
 

CatoCooper13

New Member
Originally posted by Liza
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20030606/od_nm/life_veil_dc

There is an article on a woman refusing to drop her veil to have her pic taken for the driver license because she chose to exercise her religious freedom. What do you think? Seems sticky. btw, the American Civil Liberities Union supports her on the basis of religious freedom. Syd, this may be up your avenue too :D
I understand...but since she's living in the USA, is that correct? She should have been living and following USA's ways...if she wanted to be devout to her religion -- either not take up driving or stay where she came from!
Australia's sort of battling a similar type of thing -- they do understand their religious beliefs and the sorts, but they should be learning english as English's the main language here, etc.

This doesn't mean I'm prejudiced or racial, but looking at it reasonably, if you know what I mean.


Goldie
 

Tousi

Well-Known Member
I agree that she should take the veil off just for the picture. After all, what other part of her anatomy can the authorities identify her by?:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :Oops:
 

saxxykitty78

Active Member
if she don't follow usa law then she should go back where she was from cuz if she don't give up her veil for driver license to take pix then she won't able to drive or do what she can cuz cops will be stopping her more often if they don't see her face.. but I had seen some muslim have scarf hiding their hair but not face.. heh she should do that instead covering her face for what? :roll:
 
Top