Mt. St. Mary Academy teacher reportedly fired for marrying partner

sara1981

Reaction score
Mt. St. Mary Academy teacher reportedly fired for marrying partner
Mt. St. Mary Academy teacher reportedly fired for marrying partner | thv11.com

Mount St. Mary Principal Responds on Firing of Gay Teacher for Marrying
Mount St. Mary Principal Responds on Firing of Gay Teacher for Marrying - ArkansasMatters.com - Central Arkansas' Source for News, Weather, and Sports covering Little Rock, North Little Rock, Conway, Cabot, Searcy, Hot Springs, and the rest of Centra

school district have strict policy for one woman and one man married not same sex couples dating or marriages im sure supt,board and prinicipal can fired workers at school as no longer work there never hide as status for example as marriages,singles,engaged and widow school district must TRUTH!

It's a private Catholic school, so I don't see how this firing would be shocking. What surprises me is that they allowed a gay teacher to work there in the first place.

It's a private Catholic school, so I don't see how this firing would be shocking. What surprises me is that they allowed a gay teacher to work there in the first place.

I found OP's comment is shocking, not article.

School districts don't know if anyone is gay or lesbian after come out of closet.

Why would she want to work for a school who is against her beliefs?

My thoughts the same.. why would she want to teach Catholic school that forbids gay/lesbian or against their beliefs? If she teaches public school, she would still have the job. She risked the job knowing she'd be in hot water with the Catholic school if she marries her partner.

Why would she want to work for a school who is against her beliefs?

in my catholic school, we have gay or lesbian staffs and teachers to work and also the Nuns too.

whats wrong with the sexes? they are fine and professional.

in my catholic school, we have gay or lesbian staffs and teachers to work and also the Nuns too.

whats wrong with the sexes? they are fine and professional.

I agree with you but there will always people who find it immoral and wont tolerate it. Apparently the administration at that school are people like that. There is no point in trying to change their beliefs.

Yeah... I'm with Fox, more shocked by posters comments at the start. Maybe she really likes and supports Catholic beliefs and that's what she really wants to do with her life. Not her fault they don't support how she is, no reason to be fired and no reason for her not to be able to work in the field she desires to.

There are two kinds of religious people (well, actually, more than two). The two different main groups that I am addressing are the "scriptural literalists" and the "spiritually emotional".

Scriptural literalists will adhere to the letter of the law in scripture regardless of how they emotionally feel about any social issue. In other words, homosexuality is condemned in the Old Testament, Qur'an, Torah, and many other religious texts. Since it is condemned in scripture, these religious literalists will adhere to what it says in scripture - regardless of whether or not their cousin, brother, friend, co-worker, etc. etc. is gay. They will often times still ove the person, but will condemn the lifestyle.

A spiritually emotional religious person, ignores scriptural reference on social issues, and will attempt to use religious belief to promulgate their social and or political agenda. A gay Catholic, for example, will ignore what scripture has to say about marriage, since their ideology, and worldview, is in direct contrast with scriptural marriage laws.

Just saying ...

Last edited:
should be looking into sexual abuse of children by priests instead wasting time on two women who love each other....love is concept these religious schools of christian jewish muslim dont understand

Why doesn't she file a complaint to EEO for an act of discrimination?

EEO can't do anything because it is religious establishment and there is no federal protection for LGBT employees, unless you are federal employees.

EEO can't do anything because it is religious establishment and there is no federal protection for LGBT employees, unless you are federal employees.

that shows how bad religious schools can be,full of under laying hate..so sad as it sows seeds in childrens minds

Why doesn't she file a complaint to EEO for an act of discrimination?

i dont think so! catholic school wouldnt allowed that! due school's policy must have one man and one woman not same sex couples as dating or marriages if supt,prinicpal and board can fired for that! if broke rules on catholic school policy..

i dont think so! catholic school wouldnt allowed that! due school's policy must have one man and one woman not same sex couples as dating or marriages if supt,prinicpal and board can fired for that! if broke rules on catholic school policy..
The school officials already knew that she's lesbian with a partner but she was not fired until she got married.

The school officials already knew that she's lesbian with a partner but she was not fired until she got married.
If they were consistent, they wouldn't have hired her in the first place.

Back