Mozzeria in San Francisco

omgcid

Reaction score
Hello my name is Cindy. I am going to San Francisco next week and I have been hearing about a restrauant called Mozzeria. It is a restrauant with deaf employees and everyone signs. I am really interested in going. I wanted to see if any of you have been there, if so what do you recommend I eat for my first time?

I've been there once, good foods and yes they do sign. Have fun while visiting San Francisco. :)

Been there once. Food was disappointing as I had heard a lot of favorable comments about it and was expecting better. 4 of us went, ordered 4 different pizzas and shared them. It's claim to fame is the Peking Duck pizza which we had and none of us liked. We also had the Margherita and the Mission Fig pizzas. They were good but not great. If you like Neapolitan style pizza you may like the food better than us.

It's well known in the Deaf Community as it's rare to have a Deaf owned business. And yes, all the staff that was there knew sign. When we were there we didn't have to wait, but it was an early evening during the week. There aren't a lot of tables as the place is fairly small. If you're going at a busier time you might want to reserve a table. It can be crowded from what we were told.

It's worth going to at least once. Have fun.

I just got home from Mozzeria. Yes, all waitresses are deaf, and if you plan to go with large group of people I highly recommend you to reserve via website. It is small space, good for 2-4 people. My recommendation for appetizers: Mozzeria Bar, and Burrata. Pizza: Italian Sausage or Margherita. Dessert: Bombolino

I've been to Mozzeria more than 20 times already.

That's pretty interesting, never heard of such a thing. How do the waitresses deal with hearing customers? I'd be interested to see the responses of customers who had no idea about the restaurant's unique staff and what they thought afterwards. Should make for a fascinating read.

Its just not that the staff signs but the owners are deaf, too.

This sounds like a cool place. Wish we had something like that around here. Hmmm..... Thinking .......

This sounds like a cool place. Wish we had something like that around here. Hmmm..... Thinking .......

Let's set up shop in Florida. I'll microwave the eggs and you can open the canned veggies. :P

Lol. I don't think that will fly. Unless it's a 99 cent menu. :lol:

Awesome will visit if I ever decide to visit SF. Is there resturant in chicago area owned and run by deaf people?

Re: restaurants that are deaf owned/run by...

Found one in the Gaza strip..
Gaza deaf restaurant a chance to change perceptions - Chicago Tribune

and a list of deaf-owned restaurants here- Not sure how up to date it is.
list-of-deaf-owned-restaurants | Deafdigest

Couldn't find any in Chicago in my googling.

That's because there aren't any locally. I've heard of a few in the suburbs, but none in the city itself, and that's because the price of paying for commercial property is very expensive inside the city. Not many people can afford a place here, and especially downtown.

Well I figured that, but the person above me was asking so I decided to google to see if there WERE any.

That's because there aren't any locally. I've heard of a few in the suburbs, but none in the city itself, and that's because the price of paying for commercial property is very expensive inside the city. Not many people can afford a place here, and especially downtown.

Chicago area means the suburbs too!

Name the places if you said theres few in the suburbs. Why not mention them already.

Back