Motorcyclist Pops Wheelie At 100 MPH And It Doesn't Go Well

This is lucky stupidity playing on road. He should let the crash test dummy do the trick.

i twice flag marshalled WORLD SUPERBIKES Series races here in NZ, Fred Merkel was doing 100mph wheelies right in front of me as i was on the hairpin prior that short straight before the sweepers....it was great...he made it looked SOOO easy...(that was back in 1989!!) i used to do wheelies....limited by what the bikes' capability (at that day , yes in 1989 i was a speed nut, on a 400cc 2 strokes LOL)...never again...bloody good fun.,...but looking back, it was scary, some how i was foolish...lucky i didn't died...

oh see the signature pic? that's the bike....4 pipes...:)

Last edited:
We got crazy young men doing this on the streets in the city of Baltimore. When I leave work and I see them doing that, it makes me nervous because what if they fall and I couldn't stop in time. I don't want the trauma of running someone over. They act very aggressive doing the wheelies and it pisses me off.

I wonder if this guy's insurance would cover the damage to the motorcycle since it was caught on video that he was being reckless with his motorcycle. Dumb asses.

i used to do wheelies too...nothing like that video...but i can see...they did it in 'open spaces' but sadly they forget its a busy highway...not a backroad...duh

He must have horrible road rash and very lucky to be alive.

it takes a LOT of practice (in the RIGHT places) to pop wheelies, its a real skill.....well i started off on push bikes (BMX) way back in 1980....and progressed in another 10 years onto motorbikes....that those 10 years (from 10 years old to 20, seems like a life time long it really did back then, now 10 years now is like 3 years short...geeez im old...)

Back