Mother's Day

Steinhauer

Reaction score
What are some unique gift ideas for a deaf mother?

I want to get something for my wife on Mother's day that isn't just some cheesy flowers and a card.

Flowers and a card are not cheesy; one could get a birthstone ring in addition to those, for example....

Yeah it could have their children birthstone in it too. Does your wife have any hobbies , you could buy some more supply .

I thought about the birthstone ring, she said she doesn't want it - she does not want anything like jewelry, etc. (yes, there is a reason, it has to do with her ex husband)

I thought about the birthstone ring, she said she doesn't want it - she does not want anything like jewelry, etc. (yes, there is a reason, it has to do with her ex husband)
I didn't want jewelry, perfumes, etc. because I'm not "into" that kind of stuff. My husband learned to get me cool things, like staple guns, tool boxes, tools, etc. which was appreciated by me. :p

For Mother's Day, flowers and a card were enough for me.

Family pictures, dinner out, cards made by the kids are all nice. Visiting a place she likes such as a park, beach, mountain, historic site.

What I always wanted for Mother's Day, but never got, was a day off being a mother. :giggle:

I have an idea.

does anyone know their way around the google photo app? I just downloaded the PC version and I want to make a movie out of photos of the boys I have taken for my wife. I don't know how to make a movie with the app though. Anyone know how?

I don't know how to do that, but a PowerPoint slide show is what I would use, as a mommy I love getting shutterfly picture books of my kids. Or even the custom pillows with pictures of my babies on it from there :)

Got a call from my 3 adopted boys...They have ordered me an 18K gold necklace with a heart with their birthstones around it...and the best part? My Great Grandson's birthstone will be in the middle....Also...taking me to the beauty shop to have my hair cut and colored....LOL....guessing I'm gonna be a "hot" Great Grandmom.... The necklace made me cry...

Rockin'robin, you must have been a very special mama to your boys !!
It's beautiful how they shower you with their love back like that, so touching! my hat off to you, Mama Robin!

Fuzzy

What are some unique gift ideas for a deaf mother?

I want to get something for my wife on Mother's day that isn't just some cheesy flowers and a card.
You will receive numerous ideas, but only you know what is in your wife's heart. Treat her based on how she feels, you'll know. :)

Back