Motels/Pros and Cons

Lantana

Reaction score
Awhile back while trying to rent a motel room the staff there tried to charge me more money for a room that had closed captioned t.v.

The Manager explained that they didn't have C.C. t.v. "all over the place" and that only a certain part of the complex had Closed Captioned and that happened to be the newer and the more expensive part of the motel.

Any comments?

I asked for my money back and went somewhere else.

Lantana said:
Awhile back while trying to rent a motel room the staff there tried to charge me more money for a room that had closed captioned t.v.

The Manager explained that they didn't have C.C. t.v. "all over the place" and that only a certain part of the complex had Closed Captioned and that happened to be the newer and the more expensive part of the motel.

Any comments?

I asked for my money back and went somewhere else.

whoa -- sounds discriminatory on the motel's part!!!!! glad u got ur money back!!! :roll: at some motels

I had a similiar experience at hotel. I stayed at hotel with my parents for two nights in Phoenix, AZ. I wanted to watch some movies on TV, but found out that TV did not have CC in it. I asked the manager about it. They were apologized that my room has only TV without CC. I was pissed as hell. Damn hotel!! :(

Oddball -- didnt u check to make sure that room has CC in their tv before go ahead qq

Soonersfan79 wrote:They cant charge extra demand they switch the tv's !

Yeah.. I second that... Totally I agreed..

Motel should not have charge you for that t.v. additional CC.. The most ridcouisly ever I heard.. *rolls*~ :roll:

*ahem*~ :doh:

Fly Free said:
Oddball -- didnt u check to make sure that room has CC in their tv before go ahead qq

I did not because my parents already called motel for reservations...I was not aware of it untl later night when I turned on TV. That's why.

Oddball said:
I did not because my parents already called motel for reservations...I was not aware of it untl later night when I turned on TV. That's why.

ahh gotcha Oddball -- that totally sucked anyhow

Motels/Hotels, the ADA Law

If you make reservations online, they almost always ask if you have special needs.

In my case, I asked for a Closed Captioned T.v. that is all. (I have laptop, etc. do not need their tty, and so on). When I got to my room and realized that the t.v. was NOT closed captioned I was angry, to put it mildly! I felt that I had been tricked.

This was an upscale hotel, owned by a known radical in the area, so that doubled my anger.

Do we need to start carrying our lawyers around with us?

Not a problem after 2006! All media types in businesses and public services are to be 100% accessible to the Deaf and other disabled people. It's going to be a fun, jolly year for everyone!!

Hotels/Motels/as such

Deaf258 said:
Not a problem after 2006! All media types in businesses and public services are to be 100% accessible to the Deaf and other disabled people. It's going to be a fun, jolly year for everyone!!

Geeze, we have to wait until 2006? What do we do until then?

Back