Most Useful Devices for Deaf People

How annoying...

Yes, he's trying to sell something. "8 awesome products in 1 package".

Yeah, he sent me a PM with the same spiel. "8 awesome products in 1 package" is absolutely meaningless to me.

A car has "8 awesome products in 1 package," too, but that's not how a car salesman tries to sell me a car. :P

My devices arrived yesterday and i got to pick them up yesterday. only problem is that i don't know who to ask to set them up. cuz i need an electrican to come do the smoke alarm. and the strobe light goes right on top of the smoke alarm i believe.

I have a flasher that is meant to be hooked up to my TTY....but I live with a friend of mine & her hubby, so my TTY is only plugged in when I need to use it.

I don't have any deaf friends here in Maryland(not any that can call me me or visit)& my friend does not want telephone wire running all over the apartment....I need to get a place of my own so I can have what I need when & where I need it. :(

A hearing dog is a mixed blessing. I used to have a hearing dog. They are great for what they are trained for. But there are times when you miss out on some things because the dog cannot go with you. For example, you might go to an amusement park, but you will either need to ask someone you trust to hold the leash while you ride or skip the rides. I was always either by myself or with my wife, so we usually just picked things to do where the dog can go with us. The other issue was ignorant/idiot people that tried to block the dog from entering public places.

Now, I don't have a hearing dog and I don't have a wife... oh boy, I wonder what that says about me???

your dog is better than your wife??

I know mine was...notice I said was. I had to move to Maryland to get away from my now ex-wife...very abusive she was....and I had to give up the dog. :(

He wasn't a hearing trained dog, just extremely loyal to me...now the ex's daughter has him, & that scares me. the daughter is more abusive than my ex-wife. :(

I know mine was...notice I said was. I had to move to Maryland to get away from my now ex-wife...very abusive she was....and I had to give up the dog. :(

He wasn't a hearing trained dog, just extremely loyal to me...now the ex's daughter has him, & that scares me. the daughter is more abusive than my ex-wife. :(

Why not you take the dog with you???

:laugh2: The dog I can train, the ex, not so much!

I'm sorry about your past experiences, that should never have happened.

I have my Sonic Boom Alarm clock with vibrating pad for the bed. I also love my computer with all my VP's and IM's on it. I have my cell phone with full QWERTY keyboard, but only one person sends texts on it and she's not even in my family. I have a captioned telephone and flashing lights for the telephone.

When we get our place built, we will have all kinds of flashing lights for doorbell, telephone, fire alarm and the contractor is also hooking up a light system for me at my bedroom and bathroom in case someone needs me.

I have only used TTY and CC
and between the two I pick CC.

because after all you can get someone to talk for you, or eventually you can
find the text cell phone

but CC or subtitles - nobody's willing to translate word for word and do that fast enough, at that, for you...

Fuzzy

My Rottweiler barks every time people knock at door. It's great when I have customers coming my way to buy bikes. Not so great when he barks at mail carrier.

I also love my cell phone where I can get texts from hearing girlfriend.

My girlfriend and I discussed way on how I would know if a baby cry when we have a baby in few years from now. I would like the best technology for that.

Laptop for Alldeaf, FB, VP (P3 with flasher), Skype, relay and email
Cell for pager, alldeaf, fb, relay, text, email and Purple Mail
Sonic boom alarm clock with vibration and strobe
Wireless doorbell flasher
An entire posse of dogs, one of which was a self trained "hearing dog" before she was spoiled rotten. She will now only alert me to wake up and strangers at the door.

My girlfriend and I discussed way on how I would know if a baby cry when we have a baby in few years from now. I would like the best technology for that.

I was very worried about that when I had my baby.
Not when I was awake, when I was asleep.
Well, turned out I had a sixth sense and almost always woke up when she cried.

I wonder if it is possible to set up a baby monitor to some device that in turn will make your bed vibrate??
or, buy a small dog and train it quietly wake you up to a sound a baby crying?

Fuzzy

I was very worried about that when I had my baby.
Not when I was awake, when I was asleep.
Well, turned out I had a sixth sense and almost always woke up when she cried.

I wonder if it is possible to set up a baby monitor to some device that in turn will make your bed vibrate??
or, buy a small dog and train it quietly wake you up to a sound a baby crying?

Fuzzy

Bellman Visit Value Pack 4 with Flash Receiver for deaf signaling systems Products for Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Sign Language

Flashing lights monitor.

the Clarity Baby Sound monitor alerts when the baby cries. It's $75 where i live in my deaf accesory manual. still have it good resource. works with alertmaster models. This is in Canada tho you would have to check your local Hearing Society for a book such as this and see what you can have and how much.

I like to use my cellphone for communication via text. The only deaf related product I have is the Sonic Alert alarm clock with flashing lights and vibrator that shakes the whole bed. But for some reason every one or 2 years my vibrator stops working. Because I wanted to put my vibrator in my mattress sheets, but my parents kept putting it under my mattress which made the vibrator to fail. So, from there on out, I haven't got a new vibrator because the wires kept breaking from my mattress.
OH and my CI :) to be able to hear of course..

Awake

I like to use my cellphone for communication via text. The only deaf related product I have is the Sonic Alert alarm clock with flashing lights and vibrator that shakes the whole bed. But for some reason every one or 2 years my vibrator stops working. Because I wanted to put my vibrator in my mattress sheets, but my parents kept putting it under my mattress which made the vibrator to fail. So, from there on out, I haven't got a new vibrator because the wires kept breaking from my mattress.
OH and my CI :) to be able to hear of course..

Sonic Boom Alarm Clock (LOVE IT)
Cap-Tel Phone
IPad
CC

In the process of getting the Flashing Smoke Detector and Flashing Phone Light

Back