Most FUBAR Book/Movie/Etc?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Before I proceed, FUBAR means... Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition.

Anyways, what's the most FUBAR thing you've ever watched or read?

A couple that I can think of at this moment are...

Uzumaki (manga)
The Enigma of Amigara Fault (manga)

:bump:

So, no one knows of any FUBAR stuff?

I just thought of a few more... (these are live action movies)

- Crash (the 1996 film with James Spader)
- The Human Centipede
- Videodrome
- Donnie Darko

This means major failures? James Patterson has a new book out. Title Zoo. It has the most one Star reviews at Amazon I have ever seen.

I'll bite...

Movie: The Matrix trilogy. The first one was pretty good, but second and third were completely FUBAR.
Anime: Gantz
TV Show: Heroes, Lost, and 24 (great first 2 seasons, but beyond it FUBAR),
Books: I don't think I have read anything that went FUBAR.
Comic Book: Anything draw by Rob Liefeld. He copied from other artists, hide feet, and horrible body drawings...

Good enough for you? :)

This means major failures? James Patterson has a new book out. Title Zoo. It has the most one Star reviews at Amazon I have ever seen.
No, not failure. I mean movies that are just messed up. It can be so stupid that it makes you cringe. It can be so bloody. It can be horrific in a way that you can never imagine.

I suggest you take the time to read this 32-page manga.

The Enigma of Amigara Fault by Junji Ito - Page 1

It's "The Enigma of Amigara Fault".

Keep in mind, this is a manga... so you read right to left instead of left to right.

Enjoy!

I think it means just messed up, weird, whacked out, disturbing stuff.

For me that's Threads, a hopeless docu-drama about nuclear war. You can watch it on Youtube but it really is depressing as hell.
I read the Wiki page. It sounds like a movie I saw years ago... The Day After. It's a movie where the United States gets nuked and you see life afterwards.

The Day After - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, this is not to be confused with a similar recent title... The Day After Tomorrow (where the world gets frozen).

I'll bite...

Movie: The Matrix trilogy. The first one was pretty good, but second and third were completely FUBAR.
Anime: Gantz
TV Show: Heroes, Lost, and 24 (great first 2 seasons, but beyond it FUBAR),
Books: I don't think I have read anything that went FUBAR.
Comic Book: Anything draw by Rob Liefeld. He copied from other artists, hide feet, and horrible body drawings...

Good enough for you? :)
Close enough. :thumb:

You're right about a few things...

Gantz was FUBAR. When I first saw it, it was eerie to see those bodies disappear and reappear... layer by layer. It was even the aliens that make it weirder.

I'm currently watching Lost and you're right, it gets weird after the first couple seasons. I'm on season 4 now and it jumps all over the place with all these weird back stories and good/bad sides.

I've only seen a few episodes of Heroes but do plan on watching the whole thing from the beginning as soon as I finish Lost.

Rob Liefeld? Care to refer me to a few of his works so I can check them out?

most fubar movie clockwork orange

+1 that and "Eyes Wide Shut" which is by the same director. Sure it doesn't have any gore or violence or half-animal/half-man creatures but the whole plot left me saying, "um......" :hmm:

Natural Born Killers is another FUBAR movie, it was just really extreme with all the video effects and the ending was just whoa.... :shock:

Wirelessly posted

most fubar movie clockwork orange
I was thinking about that movie when making this thread, but forgot to type that down.

Yes, that's definitely FUBAR.

I saw that years ago when a co-worker described a part in the movie... made me want to see it.

+1 that and "Eyes Wide Shut" which is by the same director. Sure it doesn't have any gore or violence or half-animal/half-man creatures but the whole plot left me saying, "um......" :hmm:

Natural Born Killers is another FUBAR movie, it was just really extreme with all the video effects and the ending was just whoa.... :shock:
I saw Eyes Wide Shut and just sat there speechless. Yep, FUBAR! Heh!

You see the director's cut of Natural Born Killers? That shows a lot more FUBAR stuff than the original release.

There is a more FUBAR version of Natural Born Killers? :jaw:

No thanks, I'm not really into messed-up movies. :lol:

No, not failure. I mean movies that are just messed up. It can be so stupid that it makes you cringe. It can be so bloody. It can be horrific in a way that you can never imagine.

I just realized that you wanted "WTF", not failure - like most of my list. ;)

Okay, one anime that I would call it FUBAR: Elfen Lied - probably the most "whoa" anime I have ever seen.

I read the Wiki page. It sounds like a movie I saw years ago... The Day After. It's a movie where the United States gets nuked and you see life afterwards.

The Day After - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, this is not to be confused with a similar recent title... The Day After Tomorrow (where the world gets frozen).

Yeah, they were both made around the same time. Threads is just horrible... it starts out like a drama about a young couple where the girl is unexpectedly 'in trouble', they have to change their lives quickly to accommodate this. Then World War 3 starts and it suddenly becomes the most hopeless thing you'll ever see.

There is a more FUBAR version of Natural Born Killers? :jaw:

No thanks, I'm not really into messed-up movies. :lol:
Yeah. When the movie was reviewed, they gave it a NC-17 rating. So, the director cut out 4 minutes from the movie. That's what gave the movie a R rating.

After the movie was released on video, they later released the director's cut with those 4 minutes put back in. It's those 4 minutes that made the movie more FUBAR. ;)

I just realized that you wanted "WTF", not failure - like most of my list. ;)

Okay, one anime that I would call it FUBAR: Elfen Lied - probably the most "whoa" anime I have ever seen.
I have that on DVD. A good, but weird story. Kinda messed up with how they have different characters who are more cruel and careless of those around them. That final character... she's just absolutely horrible... beyond belief.

Back