More Snow

A pedestrian walks in the snow along Ski Run Boulevard in South Lake Tahoe, Calif.

920x920.jpg

Pretty!

10583968_10153210272576975_7424721719844861530_n.jpg

UPDATE 6:10 p.m.: Eastbound I-90 has reopened to traffic. Chains are required for all vehicles except for those all-wheel drive.

UPDATE 2:45 p.m.: Eastbound I-90 has closed again due to multiple collisions, estimate reopening time is 8 p.m.

12:30 update: Both directions of I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass are open to traffic. Chains still required both directions, except AWD.

I-90 over Snoqualmie pass is closed again, eastbound at milepost 47, 14 miles east of North Bend to clear spun out vehicles near the summit. Closure is expect to last a few hours. Expecting more snow today.

Cool, sounds fun to do during Christmas. :)

Yes. I will stay in Tahoe for 5 days starting next Wednesday until Sunday. I look forward to snowboarding during the snowstorm. :D

When????

So I can do this

6e65413909d158f59e15cf11790a6dea.gif

on you.

HAHA....I'm definitely not going to tell you now.:giggle: Snow levels are dropping so we probably can hit snow in about an hour from my place.

Have a fun trip......be safe.

HAHA....I'm definitely not going to tell you now.:giggle: Snow levels are dropping so we probably can hit snow in about an hour from my place.

Have a fun trip......be safe.

They are dropping? With the reported storms I thought they would be going up unless temps are so high it is melting as it falls.

They are dropping? With the reported storms I thought they would be going up unless temps are so high it is melting as it falls.

I believe she means the snow is reaching lower elevations.

Snow level drops to 2,500 feet in the Sierra

920x920.jpg

A view of the the Northstar ski resort on Dec. 21, 2015. A cold and snowy Christmas Eve is predicted for the Sierra with flakes falling all the way down to the 2,500-foot level, forecasters said Thursday, with more than a foot of snow expected at the higher elevations.

A cold and snowy Christmas Eve is predicted for the Sierra with flakes falling all the way down to the 2,500-foot level, forecasters said Thursday, and more than a foot of snow expected at the higher elevations.

The storm system is passing through the northern Sierra Thursday and into early Friday morning, said Mike Smith, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Sacramento.

Smith described the storm as bringing normal “winter conditions” to the region with anywhere from 12 to 18 inches of snow in areas above and around the 4,500-foot level and up to seven inches around 2,500 feet by Friday morning.

The area is expected to remain dry Saturday before a potentially weaker storm system could bring light snow Sunday, he said.

“It’s dumping snow,” said Marcie Bradley, a spokeswoman for the Northstar California Resort said early Thursday morning.

“The village is looking again like a winter wonderland … it’s light, fluffy snow - it’s fantastic. We’re going to have a lot of happy skiers and riders.”

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Snow-level-drops-to-2-500-feet-in-the-Sierra-6719500.php

Well, for Monday, originally we were forecast to get 15 inches of snow, then it went to 10, then 9 - now they're saying heavy wintry mix,with sleet, snow and freezing rain. We were supposed to have a water therapy appt. and I've contacted the therapist to see what she wants to do. Looks like hub will be working from home though-

It depends on what you consider warm out. I am east of you into Illinois and Weather.com says 48F that feels like 43F at 11:50 a.m.Christmas morning.
its 55 here, feels like 60's heat off in the jeep and sweating with a flannel shirt on ( still not wearing a jacket or coat ) didnt wear a jacket or coat last night either.... santa took his boots off and wore flip flops delivering this year...lol (post 95) lol

shame it was 9 degrees yesterday when it rained ( some snow) but freezing today and sunny

Back