More Snow

25 ft snowman:

124afmc.jpg

Pretty sure you couldn't pay me to ride my motorcycle on ice and snow... I hate riding it enough in the rain! :laugh2: Ugh and the cold.... dear lord... :shock:

Especially if one lives near water, like I do. It can get rough around here.

I live in near the ocean and it does affect the weather a lot. We getting snow/rain on Thursday! CRAP! This going to made a mess with all the snow me already have. There is no place to safely walk my dog. The city does not clean of their sidewalks but they'll give homeowners a ticket for not cleaning of their sidewalks!

Saw this in the morning, got almost half an inch of snow on my car:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2014-02-11 10.47.06small.jpg
    2014-02-11 10.47.06small.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 2014-02-11 10.46.34small.jpg
    2014-02-11 10.46.34small.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 80
I live in near the ocean and it does affect the weather a lot. We getting snow/rain on Thursday! CRAP! This going to made a mess with all the snow me already have. There is no place to safely walk my dog. The city does not clean of their sidewalks but they'll give homeowners a ticket for not cleaning of their sidewalks!

When the Lake Michigan residents get snow, we usually end up getting more than our fair share, cause the lake effects snow more here than anywhere else in the city, or any of the suburban towns west and south of here, and it's odd, cause when it's wintertime here, the colder temps are warmer, and when it's summertime, the warmer temps are cooler. :dunno: how that works.

We had a long flurry, but too warm to stick. At home, I think it stayed as rain. Just have to worry about ice for now.

No snow here, but 2-4 inches of snow in North Alabama.

MORE!!!! MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! MORRRRRREEEEEEE!!!!! :mad2:

I'm skiing this saturday at upstate NY and in couple weeks at Vermont again

Issued by The National Weather Service Philadelphia, PA

Tue, Feb 11, 2014, 6:07 AM EST ... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON...

* LOCATIONS... THE WATCH INCLUDES SOUTHEASTERN NEW JERSEY... SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL DELAWARE AND MUCH OF THE NORTHERN MARYLAND EASTERN SHORE.

* HAZARD TYPES... PRIMARILY SNOW AND SLEET.

* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 8 INCHES... ALONG WITH AROUND A TRACE OF ICE.

* TIMING... THE PRECIPITATION SHOULD BEGIN AS ALL SNOW WEDNESDAY NIGHT BEFORE CHANGING OVER TO A SNOW AND SLEET MIX EARLY THURSDAY MORNING. BY MID DAY THURSDAY... PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO BE PRIMARILY RAIN

* IMPACTS... TRAVEL COULD BE SIGNIFICANTLY IMPACTED ACROSS THE REGION ESPECIALLY THURSDAY MORNING. IN ADDITION TO TRAVEL IMPACTS... WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE ON THURSDAY WHICH COULD LEAD TO POWER OUTAGES IF THERE HAS BEEN SIGNIFICANT HEAVY SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ON POWER LINES BY THE TIME THE WINDS INCREASE.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

In about 2 months, the Midwest USA will go from worrying about ice/sleet/snow and the cold temps to worrying about tornadoes.

Yes, this has been a very rough winter for millions of us.

In about 2 months, the Midwest USA will go from worrying about ice/sleet/snow and the cold temps to worrying about tornadoes.

Yes, this has been a very rough winter for millions of us.

I hate to correct you, but IL has had tornadoes strike in February before. Harrisburg, IL got hit by one a couple years back. Then there was the Washington, IL tornado last November.

This is the Washington, IL tornado on 11/17/2013:

Injuries reported after tornado hits Washington, Illinois

This is the Harrisburg, IL tornado 2 years ago February:

Harrisburg, Illinois Tornado: At Least 6 Dead In Southeast Illinois Storm (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

IL is not a stranger to wintertime tornadoes. We've had them strike in December and January, as well. We pretty much get 'em year around IF the conditions are ideal.

The latest update ... I'm right in the middle of the pink area ...
snow2.jpg

I am getting snow on Saturday too plus the storm on Thursday. We have all of March too. Are you stocked up on food ,water , candles etc? People should made sure they have food for their pets too.

Yea got food and water and a generator downstairs just in case. There saying it'll get bad this time even Atlanta is suppose to get tons.

Yea got food and water and a generator downstairs just in case. There saying it'll get bad this time even Atlanta is suppose to get tons.

I wish I could have a generator but I live in a condo which I am not crazy about. I am sorry I left California and my little saltbox house with a wood stove.

My atlanta office has been closed 2 days in a row (tue/wed) Working from home rawks!

Back