Montessori deaf school given e-readers for class

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
Montessori deaf school given e-readers for class | TBO.com

Students at Clearwater Montessori school received a donation this morning that could change their lives.

Nurse On Call donated the funds for Blossom Montessori School for the Deaf in Clearwater, to purchase 22 e-readers from Barnes and Noble.

This morning, Jones gave out the E-Readers to the students. It looked like a scene from Christmas morning. Some of the children hugged each other. Some hugged Key Jones, who organized the fundraiser for Nurse On Call. Some simply hugged their E-Readers.

Carol Downing, associate director at the school, said the donation is clearly a blessing for the students and the teachers. "Literacy among deaf children shows that deaf children are far behind their hearing counterparts." Said Downing. "So when we get a chance to have a book in a child's hand that immediately gets them to read, that is improving their life all around."

The Blossom Montessori School for the Deaf is located in Clearwater and has about 30 students. It's a non-profit private school that's been open since 2003.

Kumon.... *mutter*

They are good. I preferred Kumon.....my daughter did extremely well with that.

She took Kumon in addition to school.

Hm, not familiar with that, though I looked it up on Wikipedia. That seems to be more of an enhancement/addition, rather than a replacement teaching method?

Still, anything that helps students learn better I'm generally in favor of.

Hm, not familiar with that, though I looked it up on Wikipedia. That seems to be more of an enhancement/addition, rather than a replacement teaching method?

Yeah that is why I said in addition to school. She loved it. She is still friends with some of the kids she started with which is kind of cool.

tons tons of Kumon around here. of course.... it's because there are lot of Asians!!! :lol:

Yeah that is why I said in addition to school. She loved it. She is still friends with some of the kids she started with which is kind of cool.

That's cool. I think I did some kind of after-school thingy for reading until my parents found out that I didn't have any issues with reading, I was just lazy and didn't want to do it, at which point they didn't bother wasting any more money on it for me, lol.

Back