Monopoly kicks out three classic game tokens

Wow surprised Amazon is selling it.. and here I thought they were cracking down on businesses that were fake or at least promoting items that obviously broke the trademark law.

Ebay too as well.

South Park Collection Edition can run as high as $1000 in Amazon (third party seller).

Last edited:
Here's some interesting history of Monopoly. :)

Historic_U.S._Monopoly_game_boards.png

The five sets of the board game Monopoly depicted here show the evolution of the game's artwork and designs in the United States from 1935 to 2005.

The history of the board game Monopoly can be traced back to the early 20th century. The earliest known version of Monopoly, known as The Landlord's Game, was designed by an American, Elizabeth Magie, and first patented in 1904 but existed as early as 1902.[1][2] Magie, a follower of Henry George, originally intended The Landlord's Game to illustrate the economic consequences of Ricardo's Law of Economic rent and the Georgist concepts of economic privilege and land value taxation.[3] A series of board gameswere developed from 1906 through the 1930s that involved the buying and selling of land and the development of that land. By 1933, a board game had been created much like the version of Monopoly sold by Parker Brothers and its related companies through the rest of the 20th century, and into the 21st. Several people, mostly in the Midwestern United States and near the East Coast, contributed to the game's design and evolution.

At the start of World War II, both Parker Brothers and Waddington stockpiled materials they could use for further game production. During the war, Monopoly was produced with wooden tokens in the U.S., and the game's cellophane cover was eliminated.[111] In the UK, metal tokens were also eliminated, and a special spinner was introduced to take the place of dice. The game remained in print for a time even in the Netherlands, as the printer there was able to maintain a supply of paper.[112] Elizabeth Magie's second patent on The Landlord's Game expired in September, 1941, and it is believed that after the expiration, she was no longer promoted as an inventor of Monopoly.[113]The game itself remained popular during the war, particularly in camps, and soldiers playing the game became part of the product's advertising in 1944.[114]

After the war, sales went from 800,000 a year to over one million.

Read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_board_game_Monopoly

I am under the impression that at one time it was. Thus, if this is an older version, it makes sense to me.

They are fake, not real.

Monopoly NEVER make ghetto version.

My point about the date it was made has nothing to do with who made it.

What hell are you talking about? Quit nitpicking me. You aren't make any sense. :confused:

Seems to be two different trains of thoughts going on. Jane is talking about the idea of Weed being a part of the "ghetto" environment around the time that that not-quite-legal monopoly game was manufactured. Fox is interpreting as she was talking about the game itself.

Back to ya corners!

We have the copyright 1951 version of Monopoly with the shoe, top hat, Scottie dog, battleship, cannon, race car, thimble and flat iron. For some reason we don't have the wheelbarrow but we have an extra top hat.

We have the copyright 1951 version of Monopoly with the shoe, top hat, Scottie dog, battleship, cannon, race car, thimble and flat iron. For some reason we don't have the wheelbarrow but we have an extra top hat.

You being in the Navy... I'd bet you use Battleship token. :)

Seems to be two different trains of thoughts going on. Jane is talking about the idea of Weed being a part of the "ghetto" environment around the time that that not-quite-legal monopoly game was manufactured. Fox is interpreting as she was talking about the game itself.

Back to ya corners!

Thank you, DeafDucky
You have got what I was thinking right. I didn't come up with another way to express it other than what I did write.

Thank you, DeafDucky
You have got what I was thinking right. I didn't come up with another way to express it other than what I did write.

It isn't new for you to stirring all confusion so get over it, anyway.

Back