Mom has VP-200 and I have a Mac, How can I call her?

CodaBoyJ

Reaction score
Coda guy here. My mom is deaf and has a Sorenson VP-200 device. I was wondering if there is a way I can use iChat or iSight to communicate with her via my Mac. I already have her IP address and tried XMeeting but it did not work. Thanks for any help.

:ty:

Coda guy here. My mom is deaf and has a Sorenson VP-200 device. I was wondering if there is a way I can use iChat or iSight to communicate with her via my Mac. I already have her IP address and tried XMeeting but it did not work. Thanks for any help.

:ty:

easy Sorenson VRS®

I'm on a Mac and don't have the program to run PC software. I also don't want to have to buy a videophone.

Viable Vision is the best though, but that runs on Xmeeting -- so it should be the settings which is the issue and probably your firewall.

Hey, I have xMeeting and it is great! U just call by using IP address, that's all. Very simple program! :wave:

Make sure you enabled H.323 something.

you have gotten my interest - you stated it doesnt work with your mac with xmeeting. why not ? hmm . needd more info and facts. were you able to get xmeeting installed on your mac ? are you getting black screen ?are you getting a error message when attempting to call ? does your mom have dynamic ip or sstatic ? whats the ip address did she give you ? ETC,etc.:lol:

you have gotten my interest - you stated it doesnt work with your mac with xmeeting. why not ? hmm . needd more info and facts. were you able to get xmeeting installed on your mac ? are you getting black screen ?are you getting a error message when attempting to call ? does your mom have dynamic ip or sstatic ? whats the ip address did she give you ? ETC,etc.:lol:

Are you talking to me? Yes, it works. On my end, I have this weird bug with video, self-view is whack. But on the other end, they see me fine. :wave:

It just occurred me that when i used the Viable Vision and someone from the customer support told me to switch from 64 bits to 32 bits on the monitor and the video itself came back on and works beautiful sighting! LOL Try that!

Still haven't been able to contact mom using Xmeeting. I get "Idle(Remote party host is offline)" when I dial her IP. I applied for a Z from CSDVRS but it said someone will be contacting me but haven't heard back yet.

I did try out Xmeeting few days ago.

Go to preferences, video inputs:

Live Camera Module: Yes
Still Image Module: No
Screen Module: Yes

Try it on SIP setting, if H.323 doesn't work.

Back