Mom Angry That Male Vice Principal Spanked Her Daughter

I'm curious how the parents would feel if the spanker was a homosexual of the same sex as the child student? Would that still be more acceptable than opposite sex spanking?

OK if you're going to go that far , should the school only have students spanked by an adult of the same race or race or nationality as the students?
I personality think this should outlawed in every state. I would not send my child to a school that allowed to touch my child. Spanking the student does not fix the 'crime' in this case.

How is that close-minded and bigoted? If they're afraid that there's some kind of sexual turn on thru spanking, wouldn't that include spankers who are same-sex as well as opposite-sex?
exactly. close-minded and bigoted.

that's no different from being afraid of black people because they think they're violent and thief such as - being very uncomfortable alone when a black person wearing a suit steps into an elevator instead of a white ex-con wearing grungy clothes.

a huge misconception about gay men getting sexually aroused at male locker room. I'm constantly sick of hearing that.

OK if you're going to go that far , should the school only have students spanked by an adult of the same race or race or nationality as the students?
What does race and nationality have to do with sexual issues?

I'm not "going to go that far." I'm asking because it was the mother who brought it up, and other parents who seem to believe that because the paddler was the opposite sex, they were getting sexually turned on by spanking. If that's true, then, to be equal in supposition, a homosexual of the same sex as the one being paddled would also possibly be turned on by spanking.

In other words, just assigning a spanker of the same sex as the student is no guarantee that there won't be some untoward feelings involved, just as assuming there will be sexual feelings if the spanker and student are the opposite sex from each other.

I personality think this should outlawed in every state. I would not send my child to a school that allowed to touch my child.
Just inform them that you don't give permission for spanking. It's that simple.

exactly. close-minded and bigoted.

that's no different from being afraid of black people because they think they're violent and thief such as - being very uncomfortable alone when a black person wearing a suit steps into an elevator instead of a white ex-con wearing grungy clothes.

a huge misconception about gay men getting sexually aroused at male locker room. I'm constantly sick of hearing that.
But you aren't sick of hearing that male principals are accused of being sexually aroused by spanking female students?

That's my point. Why are only the straight males being assumed to be turned on by spanking?

I still think the school was wrong in allowing a man to spank a teenage girl. Some kids are not allow one hug another student as it is consider a sexual advance. With the Sandusky sexual abuses case just being in the news I can't believe any school would allow a male touch a female student. You would think schools would be very concerned about having a lawsuit made against them.
Yet, Sandusky wasn't charged with abusing any girls. So, a rule about men being spanking boys, and women spanking girls wouldn't protect anyone in that situation.

But you aren't sick of hearing that male principals are accused of being sexually aroused by spanking female students?
I am deeply concerned about how inappropriate it is for a male principal to be spanking a female student.

It's not about being sexually turned on by it. That is not even an issue in here. This is no different with male TSA agent patting down male passengers and female TSA agents patting down female passengers.... and same for police officers.

That's my point. Why are only the straight males being assumed to be turned on by spanking?
who said that? This isn't a matter of being sexually aroused by it. This is a matter of handling it in appropriate way - respectively.

Yet, Sandusky wasn't charged with abusing any girls. So, a rule about men being spanking boys, and women spanking girls wouldn't protect anyone in that situation.

Actually there is a law. It's illegal to have inappropriate sexual conduct with the minors.

Before this gets out of control let us try to focus on the subject itself at hand and not sexual orientation.

I don't feel the principal should be fired or anything like but I do feel this corporal punishment garbage needs to be eliminated from schools. Even if the daughter wanted to be spanked as opposed to 2 days of in school suspension it should not have taken place. The mere fact she chose a quick spanking tells me that she should have just been given the two days instead and I will explain why I feel that way.

She gets a spanking only think about what she did wrong for maybe a hour or two at most. However 2 days in school suspension she will have to think about what she did those 2 whole days and that would lessen the chances of her ever doing it again.

I am deeply concerned about how inappropriate it is for a male principal to be spanking a female student.
OK, you tell me why it's inappropriate for a male to spank a female

It's not about being sexually turned on by it. That is not even an issue in here. This is no different with male TSA agent patting down male passengers and female TSA agents patting down female passengers.... and same for police officers.
If it's not sexual, or potentially sexual, then what is the reason that it's inappropriate?

who said that? This isn't a matter of being sexually aroused by it. This is a matter of handling it in appropriate way - respectively.
If sex has nothing to do with it, then why does it matter which sex the spanker is?

OK, you tell me why it's inappropriate for a male to spank a female
a male adult (not parents) spanking a female child. tell me you do see something wrong with this picture.

If it's not sexual, or potentially sexual, then what is the reason that it's inappropriate?

If sex has nothing to do with it, then why does it matter which sex the spanker is?

why not have coed public bathrooms and showering rooms too?

a male adult (not parents) spanking a female child. tell me you do see something wrong with this picture.
You're still not stating the reason that it's wrong. Is it sexual or not?

BTW, I don't agree with anyone older than elementary age getting a spanking, period. By then, that form of discipline is too late, and is definitely strange.

why not have coed public bathrooms and showering rooms too?
I'm trying to point out that if parents are afraid of something sexual going on during activities (spanking or showering), how is limiting contact to the same sex going to guarantee protection?

It isn't.

The shower room at the university was NOT coed, yet children were molested there.

since when it is socially and/or legally acceptable for a male adult to be spanking a female minor?

what nudity? there are curtains and stall doors.
Not everywhere. Definitely not in the military (but that's another topic).

I've been in public high school shower rooms for girls, and the shower stalls had partial walls (about shoulder high with no curtains on the openings), and the dressing areas had no separation.

If you read any of the Sandusky trial transcripts you'd know that the shower area is one large open bay with shower heads around the perimeter. That's a very common layout for shower rooms.

since when it is socially and/or legally acceptable for a male adult to be spanking a female minor?

what nudity? there are curtains and stall doors.

Since when is it not legal?

There are curtains and stall doors in all bathrooms?

Not everywhere. Definitely not in the military (but that's another topic).

I've been in public high school shower rooms for girls, and the shower stalls had partial walls (about shoulder high with no curtains on the openings), and the dressing areas had no separation.

If you read any of the Sandusky trial transcripts you'd know that the shower area is one large open bay with shower heads around the perimeter. That's a very common layout for shower rooms.

I played in over 50 high school football games....never saw a shower stall or curtains in any stadium....including Rice Stadium and the Astrodome.

You're still not stating the reason that it's wrong. Is it sexual or not?
I already answered it again and now I'm repeating my answer - no.

BTW, I don't agree with anyone older than elementary age getting a spanking, period. By then, that form of discipline is too late, and is definitely strange.
I agree.

I'm trying to point out that if parents are afraid of something sexual going on during activities (spanking or showering), how is limiting contact to the same sex going to guarantee protection?
no... you were asking if parents would be more uncomfortable about gay teacher than heterosexual teacher. and I can't see any valid reason to be uncomfortable about it beside homophobia and ignorance.

It isn't.

The shower room at the university was NOT coed, yet children were molested there.
Irrelevant. That was not an issue you brought up.

You asked -
I'm curious how the parents would feel if the spanker was a homosexual of the same sex as the child student? Would that still be more acceptable than opposite sex spanking?

I played in over 50 high school football games....never saw a shower stall or curtains in any stadium....including Rice Stadium and the Astrodome.

because it's same-sex stall.

Back