• T-Mobile Sidekick

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • cell phones

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CatoCooper13

Reaction score
I know this may be a stupid thread, but since I'm in Australia and the mobile (cell) phones are the highest on Australian deafies' priority list on communicating with each others when on the move.

Even though the Sidekick from T-Mobile hasn't released the Sidekick internationally yet to Australia...I am keen to have it come out here ASAP. I've seen my mum's Sidekick when she came out here to visit with me for 2 weeks last month.

My sister works for Deafbuy.com and she has had a few different kinds of devices such as the Wyndtell and Sidekick. She prefers the Sidekick as it's much more easier to navigate and use, etc.

I don't mind using a mobile phone as it's quite convienent for me to use and using it on the move. :) I have a Nokia 8310. Have had quite a few different phones in the last 5 years. The Nokia 8310's the smallest phone I have now heheh.

Regards,
Goldie :crazy: <----moi? heheh

I rather to have something behind sidekick. Reason, I hate sidekick, it's too thick, too heavy, battery drain too fast, hassel recharge daily, and roam running slow than my PDA w/wireless.

Originally posted by WaterRats13
I know this may be a stupid thread, but since I'm in Australia and the mobile (cell) phones are the highest on Australian deafies' priority list on communicating with each others when on the move.

Hey, glad u created the thread by urself. Nothing wrong with that. for us to get know pro and con from people.
Yes, few deafies use cell phone for some reasons. For me, i still not sure about which one is really good since AOL pager is no longer. still researching on it.
About sidekick, sound so kewl but i see some negative on other side. that affect my confidence is not 100%. Let wait till i get full confidence then get a pager.

Re: Re: Mobile phones (cell) vs sidekick

Originally posted by Lasza
Hey, glad u created the thread by urself. Nothing wrong with that. for us to get know pro and con from people.
Yes, few deafies use cell phone for some reasons. For me, i still not sure about which one is really good since AOL pager is no longer. still researching on it.
About sidekick, sound so kewl but i see some negative on other side. that affect my confidence is not 100%. Let wait till i get full confidence then get a pager.

Cool...glad someone doesn't think the thread I created was stupid at all! Phew. :)
I have never tried the AOL Pager, only have seen it and heard about it. I did use the RIM 950 (Wyndtell) when I was visiting in USA (it was Javapride's and my sister's as well) -- it was interesting. I also had bought one temporarily while I was on holiday in USA and gave it to my mother afterwards.
My mum came out to Australia to visit with me 2 months ago and she brought along the Sidekick to show me. I loved it! Although we couldn't get it to connect and roam on GPRS -- I mean international roaming. Mum had tried to get it registered for it, but she couldn't figure it out.
I just HOPE the heck that T-Mobile will be made available here in Australia as I'm DYING to get my grubby little hands on it, hehehehe!

Goldie

Re: Re: Re: Mobile phones (cell) vs sidekick

Originally posted by WaterRats13
I just HOPE the heck that T-Mobile will be made available here in Australia as I'm DYING to get my grubby little hands on it.

Have u happen know the information or email to T-Mobile about get service for Color SideKick in Australia? Just wonder :)

Originally posted by Lasza
Have u happen know the information or email to T-Mobile about get service for Color SideKick in Australia? Just wonder :)

Yes I have emailed TMobile quite a number of times pleading with them to have Sidekick released in Australia. Haven't heard a thing from them. :mad2: Grrr....will try again.

Goldie

Hey. I have a question. I don't know if I should repeat that question. I am curious does the color sidekick support the ip-relay.com or any java/javascript?

Back