Mistrial declared in cosby sexual assault case

This is far from over for Cosby. He faces another trial and civil suit.

This is far from over for Cosby. He faces another trial and civil suit.

Yeah, Cosby could end up in prison, homeless or assisted housing, depending on court.

Yeah, Cosby could end up in prison, homeless or assisted housing, depending on court.

Maybe, but the big question is his health... he's 79 now. It certainly took a toll on him since 2000's with the legal issues.

Watched the A&E Channel last night...all the women came forward to talk about what Cosby did to them...1 woman was 17 at the time....I do "get" why they did not come forward when it happened many years ago..."who would believe us"??....he was an Icon in the entertainment industry...his name was house-hold, everyone knew him....
I really do hope Justice will be served at the 2nd Trial....No matter his age and health!...The horrible things people do at a young age...can come back on them 10-fold...(as my Grandfather told me once)....

I would not be surprised if Cosby is guilty. He probably paid those women to keep quiet back then and things backfired on him today.

The burden of proof in our judicial system is strict, which helps protect accused people from rumors and sentiments that run very strong in cases like this. Of course it is awful when people "get away with" sex crimes or exploitation but it is a crime without witnesses. My word against yours. Think about all the ex-husbands accused of things as part of custody hearings. They might be guilty or they might not but there the accuser has a personal interest in defaming the accused.

That is not the case here but I respect that this group of jurors did their best. The women knew going in that the system is rigged this way. I applaud their courage. While they lost the case, Cosby's reputation and what was left of his career are completely broken. Like commenters here, most people believe he is guilty. He and his estate will lose out on any future income- no syndication rights sales, no nothing.

I cannot emphasize this enough. The man had accumulated an amazing body of work in both books and video. It now means nothing. I can think of no worse punishment unless perhaps it were to suffer sexual abuse.:boink:. Heck, if they sent him to prison other inmates would probably think he was wonderful. Living with his wife? Not so good...

Back