Missing deaf people

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Buffalo, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Buffalo

Buffalo Active Member

Donna Jean Snowdon has been missing since 1987 from Rivercrest Community, Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas. She was born in 1966 and that would makes her about 41 years old now. Does anybody know her? If you do, please tell us about her and anything on the day she went missing as well.

Link: The Doe Network: Case File 1762DFTX

2. Buffalo

Buffalo Active Member

3. GarnetTigerMom

GarnetTigerMom New Member

Nope, don't know here, but if there a missing poster of her that would help her her be found. Someone go missing are hard to be found most of the time.

4. Twelphe

Twelphe Member

If she is 56 and alive, she could've report herself found by now.

5. Buffalo

Buffalo Active Member

Either she doesn't want to be found or she is dead. She got two small children and no mother in her right mind would leave them.

6. Buffalo

Buffalo Active Member

Robert Ross Baird

Robert Ross Baird walked out of his home in Pocopson Township, Chester County, PA in 1998. He was born in 1951 and he would have been 56 years old now. I have a bad feeling about him because he is diabetic and insulin-dependent.

PSP: Missing Person - Robert Ross Baird

7. Buffalo

Buffalo Active Member

Phyllis Rome

Phyllis Rome was last seen at a night club in Clarksdale, Mississippi in 1993. She was born in 1971 and would have been 36 years old now. she also got tattoos.

National Center for Missing Adults (NCMA)

8. WBHarley

WBHarley Active Member

buffalo

thank you for posting these... i hope these pictures are going to help a lot for these deaf people and these hearing people who knew sign language might be very helpful..

hope these cases will be solve soon :)

9. Buffalo

Buffalo Active Member

Thank you. I found them at Welcome to the Doe Network and the volutneers there do search that site for a match between Does and Missing Persons. Some of them do find a match and solve the cases. I was so impressed with that and I thought why not post those Deaf persons and see what happens. I am hoping that there are some members that do know at least one of them personally and maybe tell us about him/her. That might be some clues there that can lead to solving the case(s). I won't know how it turn out unless I post them here.

10. Buffalo

Buffalo Active Member

I was looking at Donna Snowden's missing person report. Does anybody know where the Rivercrest Community is ? It is in Lufkin, TX which is north of Houston. Is Rivercrest Community a condo community or something? I am puzzled at so little information on Donna. It doesn't give the date of her disappearance like many other missing reports.
    I am hoping that somebody in AD would know her although she disappeared back in 1987. I hope that person can fill me in on more details. Thanks.

11. Twelphe

Twelphe Member

Y'know, just to redeem myself a bit, how about sticky this thread?

12. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member Premium Member

Good idea, Twelphe. If it's within my power, I'll try to get 'er done.

Update: Apparently it's so easy, even I could do the job.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  13. Buffalo

Buffalo Active Member

Thanks, Twelph and Chase. I suppose only the mods has the power to make it sticky, correct?

14. Twelphe

Twelphe Member

Still on a training wheel?
    :dunno:

15. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member Premium Member

Oh, yeah. I have a learning curve with very little rise. But each day brings at least one new challenge with its reward of at least a half-dozen hate PMs. Life is good. Okay, back on topic to publicize lost deafies.

16. GalaxyAngel

GalaxyAngel New Member

Have found them yet?

17. Buffalo

Buffalo Active Member

Heh, no. I am trying to get some information on any of those 4 deaf people. The DoeNetwork.org has a long listing of those missing and also another long listing of those found dead but not identified. People who look at both lists might find a good match and they will report to the police department. If the match is found, the DoeNetwork will note it and tell us. I thought I would try my luck in finding a match with any of the four I posted in here.

It would be good if all four are found and brought home for burial. That would be a good closure.

18. Phillips

Phillips Lets ride horses! Premium Member

Cool.. One of deaf missing from Tx so I did e.mail to my deaf cousin cuz he's from fortworth

19. Buffalo

Buffalo Active Member

Great! I look forward to his answer. He can always ask other deaf people in their 40's (same age as Donna if she lives) if they remember her.

20. porchlight

porchlight New Member

Donna Jean Snowden

Hello. My name is Lauran and I am the founder of Porchlight for the Missing and Unidentified. Sadly Donna Jean Snowden has been identifed. She was actually found deceased in Texas in 1993. Tragically she was not identified until just recently, by a DNA match in the Codis database. Our group Porchlight works on these old cases by submitting possible matches with unidentified souls to law enforcement. You can read about sweet Donna's case here
    Porchlight International for the Missing & Unidentified -> TXF930121 / Donna Jean Snowden

If we can ever assist anyone here, please do not hesitate to contact me at monkalup@aol.com.

Peace