Millionaires storming in and demanding to pay more taxes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a biblical text that we're supposed to care for the disabled and the elderly.

But the Government is against religion.

Yiz

government is not against religion. This country is not supposed to be governed by religion.... hence the separation of church and state. Why don't you move to Vatican City?

and how do you propose that we take care of you if there's no tax?

government is not against religion. This country is not supposed to be governed by religion.... hence the separation of church and state. Why don't you move to Vatican City?

There's a diff between tax and tithe (10 percent), the church (or synagogue) collects the tithe for the purpose of caring for the poor and the disabled.

No mention that Government is supposed to do that, in fact, they collect way more than 10 percent which is way too high by biblical standards.

The only thing mentioned is when Jesus said, "Pay what is Caesars and pay what is to God".

That's about it.

Yuz

There's a diff between tax and tithe (10 percent), the church (or synagogue) collects the tithe for the purpose of caring for the poor and the disabled.

No mention that Government is supposed to do that, in fact, they collect way more than 10 percent which is way too high by biblical standards.

The only thing mentioned is when Jesus said, "Pay what is Caesars and pay what is to God".

That's about it.

Yuz

I don't follow Jesus and I don't believe in him. I guess that means I'm exempted from this. Right?

If there's no taxes, there will be no road from point A to B, No clean water, there will be thousand of water wells on your own yard. Trashes will be litter everywhere, no police, we have the right to bear arms. Schools will be difficult to go by.. enforced every parents must pay huge sum of money for attending public school. It can go on, there are many more.

You know, having no taxes, living environments can get out of control.

That's about it.

Yuz

Since you don't even pay taxes, I find it hypocritical indeed that you would use the Bible to determine what this government should and should not be doing.:cool2: STFU You seem to be content to live off the taxes the rest of us pay.

If there's no taxes, there will be no road from point A to B, No clean water, there will be thousand of water wells on your own yard. Trashes will be litter everywhere, no police, we have the right to bear arms. Schools will be difficult to go by.. enforced every parents must pay huge sum of money for attending public school. It can go on, there are many more.

You know, having no taxes, living environments can get out of control.

First, the spending needs to get under control.

I don't think we would be in mortal danger if we slash military spending by 90%.

I don't think we would be in mortal danger if we slash military spending by 90%.

Maybe not tomorrow. But what happens in 10 years when most of our defenses are failing because they cannot be repaired. Ship stuck in dry dock, fighter planes sitting on the ground...

Personally I want our military to be the best in the world. I want to raise my children without the fear of other military powers attacking us.

Maybe it can be scaled back, but 90%? I think chopping an arm off would be less painful.

Maybe not tomorrow. But what happens in 10 years when most of our defenses are failing because they cannot be repaired. Ship stuck in dry dock, fighter planes sitting on the ground...

Personally I want our military to be the best in the world. I want to raise my children without the fear of other military powers attacking us.

Maybe it can be scaled back, but 90%? I think chopping an arm off would be less painful.

Good points, but I think you agree that military spending needs to be scaled back. Today it gets over half our budget, and that is just insane.

Might as well leave your front and back doors open and let your pet poodle be your guard dog.

Good points, but I think you agree that military spending needs to be scaled back. Today it gets over half our budget, and that is just insane.

No, I don't agree that it should be scaled back. I think it's where it needs to be. We are seeing new threats out there. The situation is constantly evolving. We need to keep current and keep ahead. This is not the time to cut back. I'm not saying every defense project should be kept (no way I know what all of them are). I am saying we need to keep moving forward and keep spending money on defense.

No, I don't agree that it should be scaled back. I think it's where it needs to be. We are seeing new threats out there. The situation is constantly evolving. We need to keep current and keep ahead. This is not the time to cut back. I'm not saying every defense project should be kept (no way I know what all of them are). I am saying we need to keep moving forward and keep spending money on defense.

Awwww, not scaled back even a teeny bit? :giggle:

Not half. Rather it's the mandatory spending that takes up more than half of the budget (2010).

Mandatory Spending: $2.173 trillion for Social Security, Unemployment/Welfare, Medicare, Medicaid and Interest to be paid on the National Debt.

Discretionary Spending: $1.378 trillion for Dept of Defense (including Overseas Contingency Operations), Dept of Health and Human Services, Dept of Transportation, Dept of Veterans Affairs, Dept of State and Other International Programs, Dept of Housing and Urban Development, Dept of Education, Dept of Homeland Security, Dept of Energy, Dept of Agriculture, Dept of Justice, NASA, Dept of Commerce, Dept of Labor, Dept of the Treasury, Dept of the Interior, EPA, SSA, National Science Foundation, Corps of Engineers, National Infrastructure Bank, Corporation for National and Community Service, Small Business Administration, General Services Administration, Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), Financial stabilization efforts, Potential disaster costs, Other Agencies, and "Others."

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy10/pdf/fy10-newera.pdf

48.1% ($664 billion) of the Discretionary Spending ($1.378 trillion) went to the Dept of Defense while the rest (51.9%) of the discretionary money went toward to the rest of the departments, other agencies and other programs.

But, a little of $2 trillion dollars went to the Social Security Administration, Unemployment/Welfare, Medicare, and Medicare as part of the Mandatory Spending.

It's incorrect that the military gets over half of our budget. At least have the temerity to provide the numbers than just saying it.

36% for Current Military spending.... can we pretty please reduce it to 35%?

Awwww, not scaled back even a teeny bit? :giggle:

:lol: If I was in office I would not be looking to scale back. I'd be looking to add projects that specifically add the greatest number of jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back