Millionaires storming in and demanding to pay more taxes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
no. our government needs better financial management and budget oversight. our operating cost is just simply not sustainable nor logical.
There's no amount of money that can't be overspent. Given the quality of our leaders, we could be raking in $10 trillion in revenues and we'd still have mind-boggling deficits.

Let me explain to you something.... one thing that I don't understand about all the millionaire, including famous athletic, Tiger Wood for example, his house worth $35 mil. Of course he need it just for tax purpose. Which is pretty common for itemizing the house and mortgage tax. Then he have little left for charities/donation. So, he won't have to owe so much to IRS. Any millionaire do that. They are stupid. There's only two people living in a such a large mansion for what???? It's a waste of space...

Why can't the millionaire just buy a simple nice home for like $400,000 THEN USE THE REST for those WHO NEED IT!! It's a huge tax deductible!! It would be the same as $35 mil home to itemize and mortgage tax!! Put the rest of that $34 mil toward the charities and Fed reserve! Then that will be no longer waste of space and money.

Why the f*cking world the millionaire want to have very large mansion?? If he have that kind of house that can fit 150 people, why not use those spaces for the people who lost their home?

For one thing that it's nice to see millionaire asking to take more taxes out of them but don't forget about the home... resize it puleeze. Taxing the real estate not going to help much... Resize it.. from $35 mil to $400K home.... that is a lot to give.

Let me explain to you something.... one thing that I don't understand about all the millionaire, including famous athletic, Tiger Wood for example, his house worth $35 mil. Of course he need it just for tax purpose. Which is pretty common for itemizing the house and mortgage tax. Then he have little left for charities/donation. So, he won't have to owe so much to IRS. Any millionaire do that. They are stupid. There's only two people living in a such a large mansion for what???? It's a waste of space...

Why can't the millionaire just buy a simple nice home for like $400,000 THEN USE THE REST for those WHO NEED IT!! It's a huge tax deductible!! It would be the same as $35 mil home to itemize and mortgage tax!! Put the rest of that $34 mil toward the charities and Fed reserve! Then that will be no longer waste of space and money.

Why the f*cking world the millionaire want to have very large mansion?? If he have that kind of house that can fit 150 people, why not use those spaces for the people who lost their home?

For one thing that it's nice to see millionaire asking to take more taxes out of them but don't forget about the home... resize it puleeze. Taxing the real estate not going to help much... Resize it.. from $35 mil to $400K home.... that is a lot to give.

If they feel they earned it to have such a large house then so be it. If they feel the need to be much more charitable then let's hope so. Perhaps some day they'll realize something's not right and do the right thing. I don't begrudge them or envy them.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I have to say I find this concept rather interesting. Would it include taxes on real estate? For example, paying a 20% on a house?

What I'm wondering about though is actual revenue generated through the Fair Tax and whether it would meet or surpass the revenue the government receives now.

And proposals for a flat tax usually include an exemption. Generally $20-25k so the single mom you mentioned is going to pay 0 taxes most likely. Unless she has a great job. If she were making $50k/yr she would only pay $6,250 in income tax under a flat tax with $25k exemption

Proof? You don't have anything whatsoever to determine how much these men pay out in charitable donations. I thought you were the guy that was all about proof. You seem to demand it in the case of Herman Cain.:cool2:

Doesn't matter how much they paid out. They still spent money on travel expenses that could have been donated instead. :) Maybe some used miles, those can be donated too.

If they feel they earned it to have such a large house then so be it. If they feel the need to be much more charitable then let's hope so. Perhaps some day they'll realize something's not right and do the right thing. I don't begrudge them or envy them.

It's not only that... remember MC Hammer? or other famous actors who brought very expensive home? Then he lost everything? All of thier millions of dollars gone. Come on, wake up! If they brought decent size home and give more to charities.... and if he/she suddenly no longer famous, their income will be lot less, their home will be safe because all he/she have to do is to cut down on charities. I'm sure they are very grateful to give out much donations as much he/she can before cutting back. They still have a nice home because it been pay off. 1 million mortgage, done it's all pay off. You know?

they were fighting for the sake of fairness. they believe that the riches should get taxed more, not less. and it makes no sense for middle class people to pay taxes that cause them to struggle.

why this? because if middle class is struggling with taxes and bills, this ain't good for economy.

They should have just said that instead of going the self righteous route. :)

they were fighting for the sake of fairness. they believe that the riches should get taxed more, not less. and it makes no sense for middle class people to pay taxes that cause them to struggle.

why this? because if middle class is struggling with taxes and bills, this ain't good for economy.

It's hard to see that way... How many millionaire compare to middle class people incomes? It's a huge differences, fed/gov get more money from middle class tax than the millionaire. It doesn't matter if they are going to reduce tax on middle class and increase tax on rich people...still not going to help. Let say there are 35 million middle class people and 2 million millionaire? Which one that get the most tax? That what Gov been focus on... So that is why those millionaire asking them to take more tax out...

Why should those be the ones paying more taxes? We all should!

you forget that it's not easy to be a millionaire. I find it laughable that a mansion would be occupied by only couple of people. that makes absolutely no sense. they became millionaire because they know how to use their money wisely and they're certainly not going to blow their money away for nothing such as living in a huge mansion with only couple of people living in it. very few millionaires would do that just because they can and their wealth will be short-lived.

It's like POTUS' job. If you're a millionaire or billionaire, you're always working 24/7 otherwise... how else you're making so much money? You've gotta be kidding me if a millionaire goes to office everyday like a typical 9-5 guy. that's funny.

Your team follows you wherever you work. When a person is that rich, he gets to choose wherever he wants to work and his team will follow him including his mansion. He will host a huge business/elitist gatherings at his mansion as well. so in short, a mansion can couples as personal and business establishments.

You think a bunch of millionaires love to live in NYC? absolutely not. what if this person is a millionaire but hates living in city and prefers to live in a nice quiet area? Many millionaires are like that and they typically own at least 2-3 homes for that reason. Around here, millionaires reside in Connecticut which is why Connecticut has one of the highest tax rate and if needed, they can take a helicopter ride to NYC. On regular days, they and their staff work at their mansion. Very common. That's why NYC has tons of helipads. Sometimes they have to stay in NYC longer so they have a condo - typically at Trump Tower or somewhere on Park Ave.

Besides, they can just offer all of their money to the Government, it's called volunteer donations.

No need to force millionaires to pay more taxes, that's not only extortion, it's also stealing.

Let the people decide.

After all it wasn't until the 1930s that Congress illegally passed a law that is against the very Constitution to force people to pay taxes. Remember the Boston Tea Party?

Yiz

Besides, they can just offer all of their money to the Government, it's called volunteer donations.

No need to force millionaires to pay more taxes, that's not only extortion, it's also stealing.

Let the people decide.

After all it wasn't until the 1930s that Congress illegally passed a law that is against the very Constitution to force people to pay taxes. Remember the Boston Tea Party?

Yiz

Are you joking? The government has the power to raise or cut taxes - that's not illegal or stealing...

did you read OP? It said "millionaires demanding to pay more taxes"

Let the people decide.

Yiz
what? Boston Tea Party was Americans revolting against British Empire to refuse to pay tax.

and are you saying that we should not be paying taxes? do you realize that this means you're on your own? there will be no Social Security check for you to collect.

did you read OP? It said "millionaires demanding to pay more taxes"

what? Boston Tea Party was Americans revolting against British Empire to refuse to pay tax.

and are you saying that we should not be paying taxes? do you realize that this means you're on your own? there will be no Social Security check for you to collect.

There's a biblical text that we're supposed to care for the disabled and the elderly. But the Government is against religion.

Yiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back