Millionaires storming in and demanding to pay more taxes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: They already have the right to pay more.

Cool. Ethical people. They are actually out functioning in the world on a daily basis and see the inequities. They are not completely disconnected from society and the majority of citizens that make up this country as are those that are isolated from reality.

I'd have a lot more respect for these guys if they would decide that as a condition of joining their Patriotic Millionaires group, members would have to donate x percent of their income to the treasury so their effective tax rate is what they're demanding the law should be. Otherwise, their only purpose is to bask in the glow of their own self-righteousness while sleeping on their pile of $100 bills.

I'd have a lot more respect for these guys if they would decide that as a condition of joining their Patriotic Millionaires group, members would have to donate x percent of their income to the treasury so their effective tax rate is what they're demanding the law should be. Otherwise, their only purpose is to bask in the glow of their own self-righteousness while sleeping on their pile of $100 bills.

Good idea. Walk the talk.

You do understand, don't you that they are making the statement that tax laws are inequitable and need to be changed for all upper income brackets? Ten or twelve men making a voluntary donation is hardly a solution to the inequities in the tax burden.:cool2:

You do understand, don't you that they are making the statement that tax laws are inequitable and need to be changed for all upper income brackets? Ten or twelve men making a voluntary donation is hardly a solution to the inequities in the tax burden.:cool2:
Yeah, I guess ten or twelve men demanding to "tax me more" while exposing themselves to charges of hypocrisy is much more effective. :roll:

Just curious though, if they get what they want, it'll raise about $70 billion a year, according to static analyses. If that happens, will you be satisfied that tax laws are then equitable?

Yeah, I guess ten or twelve men demanding to "tax me more" while exposing themselves to charges of hypocrisy is much more effective. :roll:

Just curious though, if they get what they want, it'll raise about $70 billion a year, according to static analyses. If that happens, will you be satisfied that tax laws are then equitable?

Where is the hypocrisy?

Now I am impressed with those guys! I believe that they are aware that once we go, we take them down with us as they can't make money off of us if we are broke.

Wouldn't continual tax payments be more profitable to the government than a one time payment to the Federal Reserve?

Valid point. 24 men making a one time donation to the Federal Reserve vs all those who fall within a certain income bracket paying increased taxes. About time too - the lowest income brackets pay the most in income tax.

Meh. Income tax is supposed to be voluntary, anyway.

Valid point. 24 men making a one time donation to the Federal Reserve vs all those who fall within a certain income bracket paying increased taxes. About time too - the lowest income brackets pay the most in income tax.

That part never made sense to me

Where is the hypocrisy?
They're demanding they pay their "fair share" but refusing to do so voluntarily. If they're concerned with fairness, they should lead by example rather than continuing to indulge in the unfairness.

How about my question? If they get the policies they're demanding, would you be satisfied that the tax laws are equitable?

They're demanding they pay their "fair share" but refusing to do so voluntarily. If they're concerned with fairness, they should lead by example rather than continuing to indulge in the unfairness.

How about my question? If they get the policies they're demanding, would you be satisfied that the tax laws are equitable?

I'd rather they demand ALL those who fall within their income bracket pay increased taxes as a law rather than just a select few making voluntary donations.

They are paying what their "fair share" is determined by our current tax structure. They are demanding that the tax structure is changed so that their "fair share", and others in their income bracket are actually paying a "fair share" in comparison to other income levels. That is not hypocisy.

It would certainly mean more equity that we currently have. And add 70 billion to the coffers, according to your numbers.

I'd rather they demand ALL those who fall within their income bracket pay increased taxes as a law rather than just a select few making voluntary donations.

Exactly. And they are demanding the changes that would accomplish that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back