Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
MemDayBanner.jpg

Memorial-Day-Photos-1.jpg

memorialdayls-950x646.jpg

Just wish old Abs views were still honoured....to my horror I saw load of teenager asked about hitler and none had heard of him or realized ww11 exicted....God forbid if that state of British education OR people under 30 just don't care

kids those days they don't understand what it is about they think it's memorial day to party and be stupid. and I do understand cuz my 2 uncles went to war so.. they think it's the start of summer vacation.. geez I am gonna be happy when summer time is finished.. but at least time will go too fast ;)

kids those days they don't understand what it is about they think it's memorial day to party and be stupid. and I do understand cuz my 2 uncles went to war so.. they think it's the start of summer vacation.. geez I am gonna be happy when summer time is finished.. but at least time will go too fast ;)

Only the older generations understand what it is. Most think its National Cookout Day or something and the 4th of July too. And think Memorial day and Veteran's day mean the same thing. Seen on FB someone posted thank you to all those who served past, present, and future on Memorial day guess they don't realize its suppose to be to honor those who have fallen.

Only the older generations understand what it is. Most think its National Cookout Day or something and the 4th of July too. And think Memorial day and Veteran's day mean the same thing. Seen on FB someone posted thank you to all those who served past, present, and future on Memorial day guess they don't realize its suppose to be to honor those who have fallen.

One of my FB friends had posted about both living & deceased vets a few times over the weekend and then posted a gif showing Memorial Day vs Veteran's Day. I wonder if she "got it".

One of my FB friends had posted about both living & deceased vets a few times over the weekend and then posted a gif showing Memorial Day vs Veteran's Day. I wonder if she "got it".

Probably not. All should be honored but I think its sad people take it for granted and don't know what it truly stands for.

I always thought memorial day same world over 11.11

Memorial day is in May. Veteran's day is November 11.

Yes, a time to honor those who paid the ultimate price for our country's service, and to remember the loved ones they left behind.

I wonder if my city still having the Memorial Day parade b/c it's raining here. This is one of the few times we can put a flag up at my condo and I hate to get mine all wet. I can't find my flag to put outside. It's packed away.

Last edited:
We fly our flag every day.
I had neighbors and they went out and brought a nice big flag and pole to put on their deck , they were planning of flying their flag everyday . They had to take it down !
They were shocked , I guess they didn't read the bylaws , we can only fly it on certain holidays. Neighbors brought a mobile that looks like the flag and have that
hanging off the deck all the time . I keep forgetting to ask where they got it . I think this is a stupid rule not being able to fly a flag everyday , what harm will it do???

I had neighbors and they went out and brought a nice big flag and pole to put on their deck , they were planning of flying their flag everyday . They had to take it down !
They were shocked , I guess they didn't read the bylaws , we can only fly it on certain holidays. Neighbors brought a mobile that looks like the flag and have that
hanging off the deck all the time . I keep forgetting to ask where they got it . I think this is a stupid rule not being able to fly a flag everyday , what harm will it do???
Just FYI:

According to the ‘‘Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005’’:

SEC. 3. RIGHT TO DISPLAY THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES.

A condominium association, cooperative association, or residen- tial real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag of the United States on residential property within the association with respect to which such member has a separate ownership interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.

SEC. 4. LIMITATIONS.

H. R. 42—2

Nothing in this Act shall be considered to permit any display or use that is inconsistent with—

(1) any provision of chapter 1 of title 4, United States Code, or any rule or custom pertaining to the proper display or use of the flag of the United States (as established pursuant to such chapter or any otherwise applicable provision of law); or

(2) any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time, place, or manner of displaying the flag of the United States necessary to protect a substantial interest of the condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association.

The rest of the Act at:

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-109hr42enr/pdf/BILLS-109hr42enr.pdf

"Reasonable restriction" means, for example, the flag can't block an exit, or be too huge, or be hanging from an unsafe pole, or be in bad condition, or be a fire hazard.

Memorial Day should never be Happy Memorial Day as some deaf people wrote on FB today.
Used to be almost every family has a veteran. Not anymore today.

Just FYI:

According to the ‘‘Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005’’:

SEC. 3. RIGHT TO DISPLAY THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES.

A condominium association, cooperative association, or residen- tial real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag of the United States on residential property within the association with respect to which such member has a separate ownership interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.

SEC. 4. LIMITATIONS.

H. R. 42—2

Nothing in this Act shall be considered to permit any display or use that is inconsistent with—

(1) any provision of chapter 1 of title 4, United States Code, or any rule or custom pertaining to the proper display or use of the flag of the United States (as established pursuant to such chapter or any otherwise applicable provision of law); or

(2) any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time, place, or manner of displaying the flag of the United States necessary to protect a substantial interest of the condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association.

The rest of the Act at:

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-109hr42enr/pdf/BILLS-109hr42enr.pdf

"Reasonable restriction" means, for example, the flag can't block an exit, or be too huge, or be hanging from an unsafe pole, or be in bad condition, or be a fire hazard.
I only have a small flag on a wooden stick that I like to put on holidays . Thank you for posting this ! I will see if my daughter can print it for me b/c I don't have one .
Then I can send it with my check for my condo fee ! I guess this would not include tenants as they're not members , I am

Back