medical CDI?

kristy2078

Reaction score
To make a long story short, I will be going back to school (University of New Hampshire) to get a BS degree in Medical Laboratory Science. I am also contemplating getting certified as a CDI for medical interpreting with deaf patients or for just plain 'ol interaction while doing blood work and stuff with the deaf patients. UNH does offer both programs, but on different campuses. So, I don't know if I can do both majors concurrently at different locations or if I have to wait on the CDI thing until I am finished with the main campus. I will find out more this Wednesday during the transfer student orientation.

I was also wondering if anyone here is a medical CDI or knows someone that does medical CDI'ing.

I used to be a TOD and I do miss teaching. Though, I have been thinking that being a lab scientist would give me a lot more opportunities, especially paired up with a CDI license. I had also considered that having a more extensive science background would be great for teaching science when I do want to get back into teaching deaf/HH kids.

LOL yes I am Deaf. I figured why be redundant about my ear function status if I am posting about being a CDI? :P

Just didn't see you say it in other posts.

Just go for it. Take the workshop, two tests. I suggest you to practice before the performance test. :)

I have tips for you if you want to hear them, in PMs only.

Just didn't see you say it in other posts.

Just go for it. Take the workshop, two tests. I suggest you to practice before the performance test. :)

I have tips for you if you want to hear them, in PMs only.

Are you sure that you can post her in PM in her profile if she only had 18 or more? She has not reach up to 50 or 100 posts unless Administrator Alex say it is okay if less than 50 posts for her to accept from you. Otherwise the rule stay with 50 posts. I don't know if Alex had said 100 posts to 50 posts or what????? :dunno:

Are you sure that you can post her in PM in her profile if she only had 18 or more? She has not reach up to 50 or 100 posts unless Administrator Alex say it is okay if less than 50 posts for her to accept from you. Otherwise the rule stay with 50 posts. I don't know if Alex had said 100 posts to 50 posts or what????? :dunno:

you are right correct!, important to follow on rule strict!

if supposed if if supposed not show leaving, I am pretty notice it leaving I am puzzled it! only limit private message for posts 50 posts make sure otherwise!

bump I think education or american Disable Not sure I assure!

It has been changed to 10.

I am totally give up. :roll: So now it is 10 posts. :ugh:

Don't worry!! that is okay! happened I think so happened I don't know, I can't complaint! it is very happened I know you tired! I Understand depend on the posts I don't know guess!

Don't worry!! that is okay! happened I think so happened I don't know, I can't complaint! it is very happened I know you tired! I Understand depend on the posts I don't know guess!

Travis, you are more confused than I am. :lol: Oh, well. :wave:

Travis, you are more confused than I am. :lol: Oh, well. :wave:

LOL hello Beonnang I know I pretty lots of observed :) I know many people confused! sometimes hard to understand, if supposed misunderstand it is happened, I guess I don't understand 10 or 50 posts I think believe it 50 posts!

Yeah, I am planning on picking up on more science knowledge before taking the test (not just what's going in the lab but the medical field in general like cardiology, neurology, etc). I also do want to go to several workshops over the next few years.

Yeah, I am planning on picking up on more science knowledge before taking the test (not just what's going in the lab but the medical field in general like cardiology, neurology, etc). I also do want to go to several workshops over the next few years.

All that is not exactly needed for the test, but good to hear you're up for that.

I'd like to let you know, most of the times CDI's aren't used in that specific situation.

Back